It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Heal white scar/vitiligo/loss of pigment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
HI guys, I have had a facial scar for over a half 3/4 year now, well, actually, I had it for longer time, but it has changed shape 3/4half year ago due to one medical procedure. I haven't been warned and was exposed to sun, and also applied some alcohol on it, it was still fresh. I partially lost pigment.
Anyway, 3-4 months after the scar, during july, I was exposed to sun again, and for some reason, I also started losing pigment BELOW the scar (not completely, but partially lost). I am not sure why. I lost about 1/2 cm of pigment below the scar (scar is approximately 1,5x1 cm long, which is about 6/10x4/10 inch). Then I havent lost any more pigment, until 1 month earlier (november). We had not sun at all, actually, it was antunumn/winter already.
Anyway, I have few questions:
1. Is it normal to lose pigment around the scar? I understand that pigment may be lost on scar, since that is the damaged tissue,but why around?
2.Are there any good and safe treatements for reducing or removing scar? I read that
a) castor oil is great for it, it may also bring pigmentation back.
b) AVAGE (tazarotene) is a great cream for scars.
c) Cimeosil is supposedly a great gel for treating facial scars
d) Fresh Ginger is supposedly great for bringing lost pigmentation (hypopigmentation) back to the skin,and also scars.

Is there anything else that could bring the pigmentation back? That is the priority for me. Removing/reducing scar is secondary.

Please, if you had any great tips, let me know. Thanks

edit on 19-12-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There might be other alternatives you'd want to try first, but maybe you could get the color tattooed on?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
There might be other alternatives you'd want to try first, but maybe you could get the color tattooed on?

I find that to be too risky because of matching the correct colour, not to mention that there is risk of developing infection or spreading various diseases due to tattoo needles :/.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have the same problem, only for me there are multiple depigmentation spots because of acne. It sucks! To my knowledge, there is no solution other than covering up with good mineral cosmetics.

Please message me if you find a reasonably affordable solution!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
I have the same problem, only for me there are multiple depigmentation spots because of acne. It sucks! To my knowledge, there is no solution other than covering up with good mineral cosmetics.

Please message me if you find a reasonably affordable solution!

Sorry to hear about that dude :/.
Try buying fresh ginger, it is very affordable and it supposedly bring pigmentation (either hypo or hyper) back to normal. However, it takes long time to heal, up to 1-2 months, or even half year.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I scar extremely easily. Always have. I have some bad ones on my legs from being so active as a teen with sports. I have both dark and light scars as well as some keloids.
I have been doing a castor oil pack on one in particular and it seems to be working great. It is a HUGE pain though. You have to soak the cloth (preferably some sort of flannel material) in the oil. I then wrap my shin in it. Then cover that with a dry cloth and then plastic wrap. THEN put a heating pad over it for about an hour.
If I could do this everyday, I'm sure it would look better. It has significantly faded and the light areas around the scar have returned to my normal skin color.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I too have a similar problem, however to me it's not serious cause of the scars locations. But I recently made a post for a dear friend asking for input on other ppl's methods of dealing with Vitiligo.

Maybe you can find some info here that might help.
A few ppl posted links that speak about medications and natural aids. Worth a look anyway.
edit on 19-12-2011 by ShadowLink because: ~~

top topics

join