It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Orlando holds mock funeral to lay Bill of Rights to rest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
There sure isn't much information about this demonstration and photos to accompany the article would've been nice, but here it is:

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Occupy Orlando demonstrators held a mock funeral for the Bill of Rights this afternoon in response to the passage of the National Defense Authorization Act. The bill allows terrorism suspects to be picked up in the United States and abroad, then held in indefinite detention without a trial. About 25 mourners walked silently from City Hall to the Orange County Courthouse, the site of the funeral. Dressed mostly in black, several demonstrators eulogized the oversized, framed copy of the Bill of Rights.

I don't think their message could be any more clear. Too bad there were only 25 people participating in this. I would think that this should've had many more people involved. As far as I can see, at least the cops didn't try to shut it down.

I'll keep checking for any other articles about this and will post whatever else I may find.
Hopefully some pictures so everyone can see what this looked like.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Just the Bill of Rights? Why not the whole of founding documents. Republic didn't last long (Oh Benny, why do you have to be so dang smart
) now did it?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here is the Facebook page:
www.facebook.com...

Love the tombstone.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Wish I would have heard of the sooner I joined the group though. I really wish this was one long nightmare and will wake up soon...Crap I am awake

new topics

top topics

join