It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Light? What is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hello

Can someome share any info he got about a spec-ops unit (there is a possibility it doesn't exist anymore) in the US army called Blue Light?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Hurlburt Field, Mary Esther, Florida, along with it Western U.S. Headquarters, Special Forces Command, beale AFB, Marysville, California, coordinating:
U.S. Army Delta Force (SFOD-D)
U.S. Navy SEALs (Black Berets), Coronado, CA.
USAF Blue Light (Red Berets) Strike Force

Only thing I can find about them is right here on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Zip

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Zipdot]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Blue Light was the early specialized US Army COunter Terrorist force. I believe it was running in tandem with a possibly US Marines or similar - the European Armies such as Germany were conducting similar tests with squads similar. This is BEFORE the time of GSG9 or KSK. The idea was various people with linked military organizations saw a need for a dedicated Counter terrorist force because of the increasing threat from terrorist action.

Both Blue Light in US and the European equivilant has very little success in providing counter terrorist procedures that worked at that time.

AS SAS, Delta etc started becoming more involved in producing Counter terrorist procedures, Blue Light faded into the background - possibly with personnel from the Blue Light involvement, becoming involved with the Delta Organisation. At this stage I believe Blue Light was disbanded.

This is the info I have.

Suggest finding books on Delta Force as Ive seen various references to Blue Light in these. Lee Haneys Delta book was the first i noticed this in.

Hope that gives you some idea.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well all I can offer is this bit of info. My uncle just retired as a Senior Chief Mstr Sgt. in charge of training USAF aircraft mechanics world wide. He's flown from base to base training the mechanics to work on everything from C-5's to f-16's. He has mentioned Blue Light a couple times within the past few years. Apparently from what I gathered from him they are mainly in charge of recovery of sensitive materials and classified aircraft when they go down. According to him he has had minimal contact with a couple officers whom he instructed how to safely retrieve computer systems and blackboxes from aircraft. Apparently they are still alive and well. As for any clandestine activities I can't help ya there.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
LOL - ive just scanned google and this link is the only reference i can find to blue light

www.ranger95.com...

first paragraph - 3/4 quaters way down.

its interesting that fastmover states above that his uncles knowledge of blue light seems to be in a salvage capacity - perhaps after the Counter terrorism went Delta Force way - they moved to this area.

On a secondary note - I DO know for a fact that Blue Light - when trying to forward the idea of CT procedures - did alot of their training in SOuth America.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I was an original member of the Bluelight force at Fort Bragg, NC in 1977. Col. Robert A Montel, Commander of the 5th SFGA was tasked by DOD and MG Leary to create a team that would be so nasty that when they were released from duty they should be put in jail to keep them off the streets of America! I stayed in Bluelight until my retirement in 1980. All members of Bluelight were invited to join Delta Force when it was accredited, but none of us chose to made the switch and returned to our camp at west Ft Bragg to continue as counter-terror/anti-terror instructors for various military and para-military organizations. There's alot morer to the history and evolvement of Bluelight in this old grey head. Perhaps I'll write a paper on the project. Ask questions if you wish.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I was a member of assault tm 2 nov 77 - july 78. RT

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When was Bluelight created?

How was it organized?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Operation Blue Light.... spec force unit (specifically 5th spec force) created independant of and prior to Delta Farce. Reported directly to pentagon instead of DOD and pres due to general distrust. Anti terrorism and black ops. No self respecting member ever joined Delta Farce. Covert ops...yes.

new topics

top topics

join