It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Love To Change The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A classic.. and sometimes just how I feel.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yeah this world needs allot of change and i mean ALLOT! be carefull of people who do NOT want to change the world.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Alvin Lee ripping on those blues licks always brings a smile. A true classic you'll never hear on clearchannel radio.

Nice to hear it here. Thanx Erroneous!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Was listening to them earlier today.

Yes I agree. Great band and a real message.

Side-note: Learned how to play that song on the guitar a couple of weeks ago too.

edit on 18-12-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Glad you guys like it. Alvin Lee, in my opinion, is so underrated as a guitarist.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Thank you so much for bringing that here. I am over 5oo years old and although this is one of my favorite songs ever, I never read the lyrics before. Unelievable... (the lyrics). His message stretches across time to us and is as pertinent today as it was back then. And we still don't know what to do.

Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity
Tax the rich, feed the poor
Till there are no rich no more

Id love to change the world
But I dont know what to do
So Ill leave it up to you

Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money, monopoly

So Ill leave it up to you

World pollution, theres no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Them and us, stop the war

So Ill leave it up to you (more)

Should have named the band 50 years after...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Just goes to show you how long the world has really been like this. I'm only 19 so I can not say that I have experienced it from that long ago but it seems clear through historical evidence.

Maybe some day we will actually know how to change the world, instead of "leaving it up to you.."

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by intrptr

Just goes to show you how long the world has really been like this. I'm only 19 so I can not say that I have experienced it from that long ago but it seems clear through historical evidence.

You are only 19 and you see that even though you weren't "there' like you said... hmmm. Good for you. By the time you are middle aged like me your generation should have it all fixed. I'll be watching, from over "there"..

Actually, my generation grew up in the vacuum left behind by the hippie / flower child / war protester crowd. We were to busy getting high and trying to figure out where they all went. Every time we heard it was going on we would hurry over there to find they were gone. Bummer. So we went to west coast Bill Graham concerts like Day on the Green and Winterland, etc. Spent our time partying and traveling to the beach, then a mountain top, then a concert.

Everything was cheap so you could afford a car, gas and tickets and lots of time to travel around from here to there and back again. There were no restrictions like now, and high prices like now, so we had fun. That post War in VietNam era was too sweet. I did all that on a part time gas station job at 2.25/hour. Best memories were "THE MUSIC".

Peace,
Intrptr

top topics

join