It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Post-Pharaonic Egyptian History As Foretold in Hermetica"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
From the recent and past turmoil, and ongoing unrest that has been going on in Egypt, I thought it would suitable to present this.

The Hermetica are Greek wisdom texts, however many scholars argue that the texts' origin spawns from ancient Egyptian sources.

Firstly, it talks about the cosmic importance of Egypt (not Greece). "Do you not know, Asclepius, that Egypt is an image of heaven or, to be more precise, that everything governed and moved in heaven came down to Egypt and was transferred there? If truth were told, our land is the temple of the whole world."

As above, so below...

Secondly, it predicted the demise of ancient Egypt. "And yet, since it befits the wise to know all things in advance, of this you must not remain ignorant: a time will come when it will appear that the Egyptians paid respect to divinity with faithful mind and painstaking reverence -- to no purpose. All their holy worship will be disappointed and perish without effect, for divinity will return from earth to heaven, and Egypt will be abandoned. The land that was the seat of reverence will be widowed by the powers and left destitute of their presence. When foreigners occupy the land and territory, not only will reverence fall into neglect but, even harder, a prohibition under penalty prescribed by law (so-called) will be enacted against reverence, fidelity and divine worship. Then this most holy land, seat of shrines and temples, will be filled completely with tombs and corpses."

(Side note: Foreigners (The Hyksos, Arabs, Greeks, Romans, etc.) have entered Egypt by the numbers throughtout its history, dating all the way back to antiquity.)

Thirdly, it predicted how a sizeable portion of the Egyptian population (commonly identified as the Afrangi Egyptians) would desert their traditions, and how they would scorn their own past (exactly as it happened, as a result of the christian and islamic onslaughts and continuing domination). "O Egypt, Egypt, of your reverent deeds only stories will survive, and they will be incredible to your children! Only words cut in stone will survive to tell your faithful works, and the Scythian or Indian or some such neighbor barbarian will dwell in Egypt. For divinity goes back to heaven, and all the people will die, deserted, as Egypt will be widowed and deserted by god and human. I call to you, most holy river, and I tell your future: a torrent of blood will fill you to the banks, and you will burst over them; not only will blood pollute your divine waters, it will also make them break out everywhere, and the number of the entombed will be much larger than the living. Whoever survives will be recognized as Egyptian only by his language; in his actions he will seem a foreigner."

This is really interesting and some of these things are unfolding as we speak. Maybe there are more texts and or secrets hidden underneath the sands of time in Egypt, waiting to be uncovered by an eager archaeologist...only time will tell.

Sources:
www.egypt-tehuti.org...

www.egypt-tehuti.org...

edit on 12/18/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just love the mysteries of the AEs; they are so fascinating!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Though this is slightly off-topic, I thought I would share...

I highly recommend a book called The Sirius Mystery, which shows the connection of Egypt with the Dogon tribe in Africa. The author (name slips My mind) is very careful to avoid any conjecture that is not specifically stated as such, and provides a large body of evidence, objective and concrete evidence.

It also shows the progression of pre-dynastic Egypt into the dynastic in terms of religious views. It is very enlightening.

new topics

join