It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek Wrath of Khan: Curious comment.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I was watching my favourite Star Trek film last night when I heard the mighty Chekov say something that caught my attention. When you take into consideration that this film was made in the early 1980’s, it is all the more curious.

While on the star ship Reliant, looking for a lifeless planet, Chekov finds a blip on the sensor and says to his commander:

“I suppose it could be a particle of preanimate matter caught in the
Matrix...”

Just what is he suggesting here? That the 23rd century knows there is a matrix that makes up its mind BEFORE life begins? This is similar to Rupert Sheldrake’s morphic fields’ theories on evolution. Or, dare I say, something of the spooky quantum physics about it. I could be wrong [I frequently am.haha] but it was an interesting line I thought. Do you?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Strange coincidence, 2 nights ago I was watching the original episode with Khan from the 1960s. One thing I noticed in the first 10 minutes of the episode was the bridge crew talking about the time period Khan came from, the 1990s, and they mentioned the "Eugenics Wars" from that time period.

Check from about 1:50 mark, at 2:06 Bones says "Eugenics wars"...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ah yes. There is a mighty 'movies prepping us' thread out there somewhere.

curious.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Star Trek was created to counter some of the conditioning and brainwashing by "TPTB" Its themes represent humans working without financial bonds, working collaboratively and not competitively. Mutually respecting one another regardless of what your job or duty is. There are many others but you get the idea. I have no doubt that the examples you posted here have some legitimacy.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So does that suggest that someone in Star Trek has some idea of the Matrix and genes etc?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by veritaslibertas
Star Trek was created to counter some of the conditioning and brainwashing by "TPTB" Its themes represent humans working without financial bonds, working collaboratively and not competitively. Mutually respecting one another regardless of what your job or duty is. There are many others but you get the idea. I have no doubt that the examples you posted here have some legitimacy.

What do you mean by "TPTB" ?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
What do you mean by "TPTB" ?

TPTB
The Powers That Be.
the people who run the governments of the world.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If you read a lot of old Sci-Fi as I do.
you can see they had wonderful ideas.
a lot of the science of to day is from the imaginations
the people who read books like this.
Films and TV to.

you have to imagination some thing
then make it.

funny thou?
they Never imagination’d
electronics getting this small.

new topics

top topics

join