It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie name riddle thread.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahn369
3 clues:
1. "And the book says, "We may be through with the past, but the past isn't through with us."
2. Exodus 8:2
3. frogs

Magnolia

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee

3 clues:
1. "And the book says, "We may be through with the past, but the past isn't through with us."
2. Exodus 8:2
3. frogs

Magnolia

Very Good

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TOMFROMOZ
80s movie and a scene from it...

Character: "Bloody Mary"

Bartender: "No hard liquor served past eight o'clock. Do you want a virgin?"

Character: "Maybe, but, ah... I'll have a couple of drinks first."

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
edit on 22-12-2011 by jahn369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
Edward Scissorhands, Darkman, Dick Tracy, Nightbreed, Scrooged, Hot to Trot, Big Top Pee Wee, Beetlejuice, Midnight Run, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sommersby, Army of Darkness, (co-wrote) Batman Returns

All the above movie scores where written or co written by one man. name him.

Can you name the very 1st film Danny Elfman wrote a score for? He also acted in a small role for the same film.
edit on 22-12-2011 by jahn369 because: corrected typos

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Can you name the very 1st film Danny Elfman wrote a score for? He also acted in a small role for the same film.
edit on 22-12-2011 by jahn369 because: corrected typos

great question, do i didn't know so i googled it, no i am not going to spoil the fun by posting it. thanx

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

thanks for not spoiling it

anyone else? anyone? anyone?
i wish we could keep this thread going, i love movie trivia

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Treguna, Mekoides, Trecorum Satis Dee, Treguna, Mekoides, Trecorum Satis Dee, Treguna, Mekoides, Trecorum Satis Dee?

Name?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

It would be fun to do a thread on the occult as portrayed in Disney.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

It would be fun to do a thread on the occult as portrayed in Disney.

Definitely, there's enough of it aswell.

Good stuff on the movie you got it right.

Got another one for ya;

He's listening to music and smoking a cigar in bed, when he spots some some smoke coming from the floor boards. He gets up and sits on the bed, camly wears his slippers and puts out his cigar.
Then grabs his gun. Two men barge in with Tommy Guns and blast away but he slides underneath his bed and shoots them both in the legs then kills them, takes a Tommy Gun and climbs out the window as the house is on fire. He sees a car coming towards him and they blast away, but he's not intimidated at all, he himself blasts away and hits the car and driver who crashes into a tree and blows up, then he re lits his cigar and puffs away proudly in his Hugh Hefner gown whilst his house is burning to the ground behind him.

Name that movie.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

i think that's Miller's Crossing, right?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

i think that's Miller's Crossing, right?

Certainly.
Shame not many people in this thread.
I like movies a lot.

"This was your great-grandfather's war watch, and he wore it every day he was in the war. Then when he had done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the watch off and put it in an old coffee can. And in that can it stayed 'til your granddad was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War Two. Your great-grandfather gave this watch to your granddad for good luck.
Your granddad was facing death, and he knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leaving that island alive. So three days before the Japanese took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport named Winocki, a man he had never met before in his life, to deliver to his infant son, who he had never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your granddad was dead. But Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father, his Dad's gold watch. This watch. This watch was on your Daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured and put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch that it'd be confiscated; taken away. The way your Dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes were gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. And then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you".

Name that movie.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Christopher Walken - Catch Me If You Can - Leonardo de Caprio and Tom Hanks - fab film

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ironorchid

Christopher Walken, yes. Catch Me If You Can, no. Pulp Fiction.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

Not Pulp Fiction - Christopher Walken wasn't in that - definately Catch Me If You Can.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironorchid
reply to post by jahn369

Not Pulp Fiction - Christopher Walken wasn't in that - definately Catch Me If You Can.

Nope, it's Pulp Fiction. The scene where Walken's character gives the child version of Butch his father's watch before it cuts back to present day with Butch running home to get his things and kicks off the part of the plot where he and Marcellus make things up because Butch's girlfriend forgot the watch when she left their house for the motel they're staying in after his boxing match.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Are you pranking me?

seriously: "Walken has a supporting role in Tarantino's Pulp Fiction as a Vietnam veteran giving his dead comrade's son the family's prized possession—a gold watch—while explaining in graphic detail how he had hidden it from the Vietcong by smuggling it in his rectum, after the boy's father, in whose rectum the watch had previously been concealed, had died of dysentery." en.wikipedia.org...
Walken was ALSO in Catch Me If You Can, playing DiCaprio's father, but the watch scene is definitely in Pulp Fiction.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

Oh my gosh _ where can I put my face?
You are right of course, sorry about that, must have had a senior moment!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

no problem

we all get those now and again

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
“Son, you got a panty on your head.”

name that movie

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Raising Arizona?

Haven't seen all of that movie and it hasn't been on for a while but I'm sure it's that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join