It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK vs. Chemtrails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I was discussing conspiracy theories with a friend last night. He was saying that there were basically lots of individual, idiosyncratic, conspiracy theories. I countered that there was actually a fairly consistent set of core beliefs that near all conspiracy theorists hold, and further, that there was a core set of particular conspiracy theories that anyone deep enough into the subject would automatically believe.

Specifically I made the claim that anyone who believed in a chemtrail CT would also believe in a JFK CT and a 9/11 CT.

Can you prove me wrong?

Is there anyone who believes some version of the chemtrail conspiracy theory (as defined by wikipedia), who also believes that JFK was killed by LHO acting along?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Pointless thread and I'm surprised you have any friends !
!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

A bit of a stretch Uncinus. I admit that it's an interesting theory, and would like to see the end results of this test of yours, but it's still a stretch.

No offense, but this shouldn't be in this forum, but that's just my opinion.

Regardless of your opinion on chemtrails, it would be foolish to believe there was no conspiracy behind the death of JFK, or the 911 "attacks".

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

I would be surprised if debunkers thought either wasn't a conspiracy. Science is the main tool of chemtrail debunkers soo I have a really hard time believing any of you would put much stock in the 911 NIST report or the "magic bullet" theory.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A bit away from the CT stuff, but a few friends of mine have shown surprise when I tell them I take the UFO subject seriously but don't find any of the 'moon hoax' theories to hold water, they say things like "but you're into the conspiracy stuff, how come you believe they landed on the moon". I do personally know some individuals who have gone for the 'whole package' so to speak, there seems to be a lot of that on here, where basically everything is a conspiracy, and it is all related. To be honest I find that mindset disturbing.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You "debunk" chemtrails for a hobby, and have been doing it for YEARS. Why? Don't you have anything more constructive you could be doing than partnering with Phage on forums and calling everyone with 2 eyes crazy?

Of course JFK was an inside job, of course 911 was an inside job... so yeah, many of us believe they'd definitely spray the Hell out of us, like they've done before on the down low. How many KNOWN incidents of experimenting on the public have been declassified/admitted? Many, and people have made them known in debates with you, but you still insist on calling people "conspiracy theorists", which shows your level on cognitive reasoning and awareness.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
You "debunk" chemtrails for a hobby, and have been doing it for YEARS. Why? Don't you have anything more constructive you could be doing than partnering with Phage on forums and calling everyone with 2 eyes crazy?

Of course JFK was an inside job, of course 911 was an inside job... so yeah, many of us believe they'd definitely spray the Hell out of us, like they've done before on the down low. How many KNOWN incidents of experimenting on the public have been declassified/admitted? Many, and people have made them known in debates with you, but you still insist on calling people "conspiracy theorists", which shows your level on cognitive reasoning and awareness.

Notice how he is always online, along witha few other chem debunkers; right awayw when a new chemtrail thread goes up! Its like they are paid to come here right away and start unloading their copy paste debunk crap.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is almost like the whole gate way argument or really labeling a book by its cover. Its ignorance.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm posting in this forum as it's the most likely place on ATS to find people who believe in chemtrails.

My goal is to see if there's anyone who believes in chemtrails, but not in a JFK CT. There are plenty of people who believe the JFK CT but not chemtrails, even here on ATS. But are there any that believe the opposite.

Maybe not on ATS, but is it possible such a person exists?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Maybe not on ATS, but is it possible such a person exists?

This might make for an interesting ATS survey. I'd be willing to bet that JFK CT's would constitute about 80% of all members, UFOs about 75%, 9/11 about 70%, Moon Hoax around 10% and Chemtrails about 5%.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
A bit away from the CT stuff, but a few friends of mine have shown surprise when I tell them I take the UFO subject seriously but don't find any of the 'moon hoax' theories to hold water, they say things like "but you're into the conspiracy stuff, how come you believe they landed on the moon". I do personally know some individuals who have gone for the 'whole package' so to speak, there seems to be a lot of that on here, where basically everything is a conspiracy, and it is all related. To be honest I find that mindset disturbing.

That's a similar thing. But substitute UFO with JFK and moon hoax with chemtrails.

There's a loose core of common beliefs, and then there's more fringe beliefs. My suggestion is that to get to the fringe beliefs, you have to have the core beliefs. Hence I would contend that 100% of chemtrail believers believe in a JFK conspiracy. But only a small percentage of JFK conspiracy believers believe in chemtrails.

My friend did not believe this, hence I'm try to gather evidence, by trying to prove myself wrong by finding a counter-example.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
To illustrate it, my theory is that the distribution is something like this (actual ratios will vary, it's the overlap that's important).

Here nearly all 9/11 believers are also JFK believers. And ALL chemtrail believers believe in the more common, core, theories.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Uncinus because: less epileptic diagram

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

So do you believe either 911 or the JFK assasination is a conspiracy? I really don't know anyone who believes LHO acted alone.

edit on 18-12-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

The actual validity of the theories is not really the issue here. It's how many people believe in them, and what the overlap is with other theories.

Regarding JFK, clearly SOME people don't think it was a conspiracy.

www.foxnews.com...

[in this 2004 survey] 66 percent of the public today think the assassination was “part of a larger conspiracy” while only 25 percent think it was the “act of one individual.”

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by aBlueRAY

Notice how he is always online, along witha few other chem debunkers; right awayw when a new chemtrail thread goes up! Its like they are paid to come here right away and start unloading their copy paste debunk crap.

I must suggest to stop debunkers prove chemtrails exist,because until then debunkers will always be there. You see the problem is that not one piece of solid scientific evidence about chemtrails existing has been shown, but when a debunkers has scientific evidence they are called paid gov't shills. So I would ask you to prove the debunkers wrong or get used to being debunked.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aBlueRAY

I noticed how you and chemtrail believers were the first several posters to this - is that what you mean??

And there always seem to be eomeone online to push the idea of chemtrails at all hours of day and night, and to deny facts, confuse discussions with unsupported assertions and baseless opinion regardless of actual facts, and make snide little ad hominem attacks like this when they cant' think of any other way to push false information.

I find that highly suspicious.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I've speculated as much before. If there was a conspiracy by a government or agency to cover up some sort of nefarious activity, why not find a website where those predisposed to mistrust and ask questions all congregate together and get them believing in some baseless fantasy that deflects them away from the real issues and their fruitless search for evidence will keep them occupied for years. As the saying goes "if you are going to tell a lie, tell a big one."

The regularity with which some members post absolute nonsense, regurgitate the same disproven videos, call upon everyone to "look up" for no reason they will explain and try to just dismiss proven science as propaganda often makes me wonder if there COULD be government shills on here, but on the opposite side of the argument than that normally claimed. Are the believers being deliberately roped in like cattle?

But that would be me being paranoid, wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

He does have friends....
well at least colleagues in the Professional Institute on Chemtrail Debunking

top topics

join