It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The OWS protesters were reaching out, asking for help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What did we give them? Pepper spray, the boot, beat down, ridicule?

What have we become?-----------------------------

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Dec 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You're right. It's hard to listen to the harsh criticisms of OWS too. It doesn't matter whether you agree with them; it doesn't even matter that they're tilting at the wrong windmill. Protest and civil disobedience have a long and illustrious history in this country, and at the very least we owe them some respect. On the other hand, I suppose, civil disobedience wouldn't have such an illustrious history if the practitioners were instead, say, treated to tea and crumpets and handed warm blankets by the authorities....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
You're right. It's hard to listen to the harsh criticisms of OWS too. It doesn't matter whether you agree with them; it doesn't even matter that they're tilting at the wrong windmill. Protest and civil disobedience have a long and illustrious history in this country, and at the very least we owe them some respect. On the other hand, I suppose, civil disobedience wouldn't have such an illustrious history if the practitioners were instead, say, treated to tea and crumpets and handed warm blankets by the authorities....

The OWS people seem OK to me. I live away from things, but still in the USA.

I support the OWS people like they were related to me.--------------

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So. Now we have had, for the most part peaceful, protest suspected of being conservative.
And we have had for the most part, a protest rumored to be liberal.

So where do we go from here?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Well, THAT is kind of the point about OWS. Where are they going and for that matter what were they doing in the first place?? OWS is a 'was', not an 'is' anymore. sad but in reality.....true.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
So. Now we have had, for the most part peaceful, protest suspected of being conservative.
And we have had for the most part, a protest rumored to be liberal.

So where do we go from here?

I don't know. These protesters seemed pretty OK to me. Very polite and generally OK.

Take care ----------------

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wonhunlo

Indeed, there are too many pro-establishment shills on this site. Some even start threads appearing to half-support something, but as soon as you reply with support, they show their true colours and roll out the derisive and snide comments saying that anyone attempting any kind of change is a fool, a layabout, a dirty hippy, etc. And that all from the comfort of their well-furnished homes. Its enough to make the blood boil. Slowly I am learning who they are and avoiding their threads.

Civil disobedience is the first step imho. Only the first...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Well, THAT is kind of the point about OWS. Where are they going and for that matter what were they doing in the first place?? OWS is a 'was', not an 'is' anymore. sad but in reality.....true.

I hope the protesters can find some peace. And in a way to manage their concerns.---------

new topics

top topics

join