It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian Strategic Missiles Can Penetrate U.S. Missile Shield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by timidgal

russian president is a puppet.Even the real power does not fully vested in Putin's hands.Its shared among some generals and Mr.Putin.

You might well be correct since most of the supposed "world leaders" are nothing more than puppets.

With that said, I still stand behind my contention that an unquantifiable statement is just hyperbole since there's no credible proof.

Plus, I remain skeptical of any "news agency" (Interfax-Military), which is nothing more than a propaganda machine for the Russian military. Check out the description from the "About Us" section of their website. The email address to contact them is "[email protected]." - nuff said.

Unfortunately, all site content is copywritten and redistribution or republication of any data is prohibited so you'll need to check out the link to read what I'm referring to. It's clearly nothing more than a Russian propaganda vehicle and I would take anything "reported" on it with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Something tells me the russians won't hesitate to destroy this shield if no deal is reached

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
You are all crazy.

Noone needs Sun Tsu, there is no war, noone needs it and noone can fight it, noone could invade the US, Russia could not invade and take over Europe, China or Middle East, nor could China blah blah blah.

People banding around world war 3, dont forget, in WW2 US were on the same side as Ruskies, China were slaughtered by Japan, the US defeated Japan, we have just ended a çold war'which wasnt a war, previous to WW1 there were heaps of wars which were never called World Wars.

Stop sensationilising stuff will you, how on earth would anyone know what russia's missiles can do to the defense sheild, who cares, Russia are never going to launch a nuke, US know this becuase they wouldnt launch one either, so why do russia care if we have a missile sheild and why do the US pay a fortune to have one.

Its all messed up and I hope ron paul sorts it out! I dont even know him,

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FastJetPilot

FastJetPilot=disinfo mole. Lay down and take it? Honey, obviously, you ain't Made In America!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The way I see it, they may be able to overwhelm the shield, but they cannot remain un detected. If they can be detected, they can be destroyed with lazers.

People say that it is not possible to deploy enough lazer batteries to destroy as many incoming contacts as the Russians could put out, but I say thats bull. If the threat is big enough, the military organisations of the West WILL meet the threat with a decent protective response. It is beyond doubt. They have too much to loose by any other route or action.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lowundertheradar

Nor is a big percentage off the world. Made in the USA that is.

Russia is just baiting after all with the protests over the recent election fiasco, which Russia blames the US for trying to make the situation worse.

Both sides always do this, my toy is bigger than your toy rhetoric.

Unless there is a major flare up in the middle east nothing will come of this.

Besides China has India to face down, as well as the pact between a lot of Pacific regions and the US.

While Europe has its own internal problems with the war off words between France and the UK.

One thing is for sure, 2012 will be an interesting ride for us all.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

problem of of an arms race in that
U.S. policymakers continue to think the Cold War criteria and view Russia as the enemy number 1

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

What missile shield?

Oh that. Ummmm......nevermind.

--------
There is missile shield you see and a missile shield you do not see.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Thanks for sharing this. I'm really disturbed and confused by Russia's reaction to this whole thing. It just doesn't make sense. It's absurd to think that the United States can ever make a missile shield based on one shot methods like Patriot anti-missile systems against Russia or China. They know it and we know it. More importantly, we all know each other knows that. So what is this all about??

Heck...We're JUST perfecting ballistic anti-missile interceptors as it is, and absolutely cannot produce and deploy the sheer numbers it would take to be a true "shield" of any kind against either of those two powers. A few dozen of these deployed strategically around Europe and South Asia would pretty well check-mate a nation like Iran tho...who could never mount the numbers to over come the interceptors. Just the opposite situation from Russia itself.

If Russia is REALLY this protective and touchy about Iran and Syria, we may REALLY want to take a big step back and re-evaluate this whole idea before going any further toward the point of total commitment against either of those 2 smaller nations. Iraq and Afghanistan have both worked to the extent they have because Russia was indifferent about Iraq and quietly enjoyed seeing their former enemies from the bad old days getting a good pasting from the Americans in Afghanistan.

Iran OR Syria becomes almost terminally stupid if Russia is serious about actually backing them with more than mere words and UN posturing. I'm starting to wonder...... are they REALLY that serious?

I am sure Mr.Putin is serious about what he says,even if US/GB gov. thinks he is bluffing,by now he never bluffed.So if i am US/GB/NATO countries citizen i would take every his word for granted. But that is just me.People from countries mentioned above are fully confidend and extremely proud being patriots...meaning hating Russians.
Why would Putin let US/NATO take rest of the world? And why would anyone be so sure that Russia will not nuke any country in world if is being threatnend...? I for one would nuke any country that is trying to destabilaze mine by paying students to go on riots and civil unreast. Putin is just too nice to many countries,but as i see that is going to change after march 2012... It is time someone say stop to this mass morderers!!!
PS: i am not Russian,neither am i American nor British,but i admire Putin for his strong personality!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lowundertheradar
reply to post by FastJetPilot

FastJetPilot=disinfo mole. Lay down and take it? Honey, obviously, you ain't Made In America!

FastJetPilot is right. Ron Paul will offer Iran friendship amongst other things. Sounds like he will do alot to end American imperialism, He is not a psychopath like some in America.

And The Art Of War is a book for sneaky cowards. We need to stop the deceit not encourage it. Arent we more evolved? I also think it would be good to seperate a countries governments from its people. Instead of worrying about what Russia is doing Americans should focus on their own evil corrupt regime. Electing someone like Ron Paul will do more to protect Americans than Missile Shields and reading The Art Of War. Bringing the troops home would help. Ron Paul will do that too.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ron Paul=Class A delusional idiot who must be living in a fantasy world if he thinks his "dieas" would work.

Looks like the right-wing, neocon, paranoid, conspiracy theorist nut job that he is. Cooky, cooky old man. He will never get elected and he looks like the creepy old single uncle that you dont want to leave your kids around.

If this country goes from Obama to Paul then God help everyone. FORTUNATELY it wont happen!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by John0Doe

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Thanks for sharing this. I'm really disturbed and confused by Russia's reaction to this whole thing. It just doesn't make sense. It's absurd to think that the United States can ever make a missile shield based on one shot methods like Patriot anti-missile systems against Russia or China. They know it and we know it. More importantly, we all know each other knows that. So what is this all about??

Heck...We're JUST perfecting ballistic anti-missile interceptors as it is, and absolutely cannot produce and deploy the sheer numbers it would take to be a true "shield" of any kind against either of those two powers. A few dozen of these deployed strategically around Europe and South Asia would pretty well check-mate a nation like Iran tho...who could never mount the numbers to over come the interceptors. Just the opposite situation from Russia itself.

If Russia is REALLY this protective and touchy about Iran and Syria, we may REALLY want to take a big step back and re-evaluate this whole idea before going any further toward the point of total commitment against either of those 2 smaller nations. Iraq and Afghanistan have both worked to the extent they have because Russia was indifferent about Iraq and quietly enjoyed seeing their former enemies from the bad old days getting a good pasting from the Americans in Afghanistan.

Iran OR Syria becomes almost terminally stupid if Russia is serious about actually backing them with more than mere words and UN posturing. I'm starting to wonder...... are they REALLY that serious?

I am sure Mr.Putin is serious about what he says,even if US/GB gov. thinks he is bluffing,by now he never bluffed.So if i am US/GB/NATO countries citizen i would take every his word for granted. But that is just me.People from countries mentioned above are fully confidend and extremely proud being patriots...meaning hating Russians.
Why would Putin let US/NATO take rest of the world? And why would anyone be so sure that Russia will not nuke any country in world if is being threatnend...? I for one would nuke any country that is trying to destabilaze mine by paying students to go on riots and civil unreast. Putin is just too nice to many countries,but as i see that is going to change after march 2012... It is time someone say stop to this mass morderers!!!
PS: i am not Russian,neither am i American nor British,but i admire Putin for his strong personality!

do u tnink rus. communists are better than Putin for US im very doubt
the probs is not in Russia but in US

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything about this 'new missile' that the Russian's have?

It is all word foreplay, for the sake of world safety. We will never know exactly what the US missile shield capability is (unless used), and the same goes for any Russian missle system.

On the count of a possible WW3, it makes no difference in the end. Einstein said it best.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FastJetPilot
You are all crazy.

Noone needs Sun Tsu, there is no war, noone needs it and noone can fight it, noone could invade the US, Russia could not invade and take over Europe, China or Middle East, nor could China blah blah blah.

People banding around world war 3, dont forget, in WW2 US were on the same side as Ruskies, China were slaughtered by Japan, the US defeated Japan, we have just ended a çold war'which wasnt a war, previous to WW1 there were heaps of wars which were never called World Wars.

Stop sensationilising stuff will you, how on earth would anyone know what russia's missiles can do to the defense sheild, who cares, Russia are never going to launch a nuke, US know this becuase they wouldnt launch one either, so why do russia care if we have a missile sheild and why do the US pay a fortune to have one.

Its all messed up and I hope ron paul sorts it out! I dont even know him,

Russkie without "s" will be correct

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cambion
Does anyone know anything about this 'new missile' that the Russian's have?

It is all word foreplay, for the sake of world safety. We will never know exactly what the US missile shield capability is (unless used), and the same goes for any Russian missle system.

On the count of a possible WW3, it makes no difference in the end. Einstein said it best.

there is no protection from nuclear submarines

u now that?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hmm, here is that global research company again that I posted on ATS a few days ago. I believe I had a call from one of thier departments. Probably inteligence.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Does this allow for a back down by the Russians while still saving face on the world stage?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure if a world war will kick off. However, I firmly believe that the cold war never ended. IMO Iraq, Afghan was just an excuse to test weapons (and obviously for oil).

I dont take anything that putin says seriously. "our missile are better than yours" "our army is better than yours" bla bla bla. I bet, if you look closely, you can see a "made in China" sticker on the Russian missiles.

Russia aren't a threat, Putin and had saggy man tits will do bugger all unless attacked. The only nation stupid enough to fire a nuke is the US administration. Please don't take what the idiot says seriously.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think the scenario of World War III will be:
U.S. and Russia will launch all its missiles at the same time and at the same time the U.S. and Russia will cease to exist.
Other variants are unlikely

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krono
I'm not quite sure if a world war will kick off. However, I firmly believe that the cold war never ended. IMO Iraq, Afghan was just an excuse to test weapons (and obviously for oil).

I dont take anything that putin says seriously. "our missile are better than yours" "our army is better than yours" bla bla bla. I bet, if you look closely, you can see a "made in China" sticker on the Russian missiles.

Russia aren't a threat, Putin and had saggy man tits will do bugger all unless attacked. The only nation stupid enough to fire a nuke is the US administration. Please don't take what the idiot says seriously.

If you look closely at the Chinese missiles and hardware you will see a made in Russia Sticker on it.

If the initial engagement start out with a EMP strike. Russia has a better percentage to be able to fight with a larger functional army after the Blast.

The reason that Russia today have a weapon that can penetrate the US shield, is because the Russian missiles has the ability to carry up to 10 self dependent and guided warheads of up to 750 Kilotons each.

The US dont have the technology that can detect a decoy warhead from a real warhead. And the US dont have the capacity to destroy all the decoys and 10 warheads at the same time.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join