It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Tea Party dropping Bachman for Ron Paul??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I appreciate your point of view and replies seabag. I'm a Tea Partier that has recently stepped forward for Ron Paul. Even though some other supporters make me nervous, I think they're acting out the frustration of their own treatment in the MSM for sooo long. Regardless...

I wasn't ready for Paul last time. But now, after the further erosion of the constitution and 10 years of undeclared war with no end in sight, I am.

He is the only candidate with the right domestic solutions. He is the only candidate that will use the constitution as a guide post. He isn't an anti-war peacenik...he just thinks we should declare war first. Decide our objectives, assign the cash, stomp a mudhole in the bad guy and come home. I'm okay with that.

The rest of the world won't come around in the next four years, and it won't go away either. Let's focus on us for a bit and come out stronger on the other side.

That's where I am now.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If a longtime moderator at (Sean) HANNITY Forums, of all places can come around to Ron Paul, so can MANY others in the GOP establishment voter base.

Quote by moderator of Hannity forums : Iggy

I'm in. I've complained about Paul's FP as recently as last week, but I'm ready to get on board.

Bring the troops home, protect the borders and destroy anyone who ****s with us (without all the nation building crap).

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I was wondering how will military voters come into play in this election day; the ones overseas and the ones at home. I really hope the majority of them vote for Ron Paul. Do these polls take into account any military?
edit on 17-12-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It’s funny how things work…My recent interest in Ron Paul over the past 2 months has opened my eyes to the decline of FoxNews as a reliable political news source. The way they intentionally plug Romney and slam everyone else is blatant and very frustrating. RP hardly gets a mention on Fox most days. They intentionally do their best to ignore him and steer people into thinking this race is down to 2 candidates before a single vote has been cast. Disgusting!!

Along the lines of the OP topic, I read this today on NewsMax (a very conservative group) about who the Tea Party is backing. Notice how they invoke the supposed ‘front runners’ and then bring up Perry and Bachman as potential secondary picks.

UHHHHH…..Excuse me…….Perry and Bachman are below RP in every Iowa poll and he's a constitutional conservative in the truest sense!!!!! WTH??
I must admit now that the Tea Party, at least on the national level, has been completely high-jacked by the Republican establishment.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney are sitting atop the latest polls, but Kremer does not believe the GOP nomination competition is just a two-candidate race.

"I think it's possible that Rick Perry could come back. I also think Michele Bachmann could rise back up," Kremer points out.

Despite Kremer's remarks, she has not emerged as the single voice of the movement when it comes to backing candidates.

This week, former Tea Party favorite and Senate hopeful Christine O'Donnell endorsed Romney and her fellow Tea Party member, South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley got on board the Romney campaign.

link

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join