It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three jailed for army base terror plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Three jailed for army base terror plot

news.smh.com.au

Three Islamic extremists have been jailed over an "evil" terrorist plot to kill Australian soldiers at a Sydney army base.

Wissam Mahmoud Fattal, 35, Saney Edow Aweys, 28, and Nayef El Sayed, 27, planned to shoot as many soldiers as possible at Holsworthy Army Base to advance the cause of Islam, which they believed was under attack from the West.

The trio were against Australian troops in Afghanistan, believing it was oppressing innocent Muslims and they wanted to advance their religion as they perceived it.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Finally the trio have been convicted to 18 years in jail with a 13 year non-parole period. These 3 extremists originally planned to carry out a shooting spree in Sydney's Holworthy barracks, the home of Australia's renowned special forces unit, the 2nd Commando Regiment. Really, i think they deserve longer, considering they were planning a terrorist attack, but i am just glad they have finally been convicted after being arreested in 2009.

news.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

So its ok for our soilders to go over there, bomb and kill thousands of people,
but its not ok for them to do the same to us on a much smaller level?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Look, i am not saying it isnt right, because it's not. We shouldn't be over there anyway. But it isn't right to plan to walk into an army base and attempt to kill soldiers, because they are over in the middle east fighting a war. It isn't the soldiers fault, the extremists should know that, or are they to stupid??? The soldiers are just the pieces to a game, geeze, you, as a member of ATS should know that!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Hmmm. reminds me of the Ft. Hood shooter.

Jihad has gone global.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Well if its not the soldiers fault why are our soldiers killing their soldiers over there?
Why should the extremists know that if we clearly dont either.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Their sentencing is enough, they didn't actually carry out the plan.

edit on 16-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Well if its not the soldiers fault why are our soldiers killing their soldiers over there?
Why should the extremists know that if we clearly dont either.

We are not killing soldiers over there, we are training them. We are training the Afghanistan soldiers, while fighting and killing the Taliban extremists. As for the soldiers being pieces in a game, everybody should be smart enough to see that. They don't decide whether or not to go over there, they are forced to! Then when they are fired at, they have to fire back in order to protect themselves and their mates.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Their sentencing is enough, they didn't actually carry out the plan.

edit on 16-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

Yes i know, as i stated, i think they deserved more, but i don't really care, since they have been sentenced finally. Whats going to stop them from comitting a similar crime in the future? BTW, i read original reports last year stating that it was only a metter of days/weeks until the plan was carried out anyway, so it was a close call.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Many thousands of innocent civilains and afghan soldiers have been killed at our hands.
Well at the end of the day it is the soldiers fault because they have the choice and they give power to the sick ideas that other initiate.
I dont see why its not ok for the taliban to do acts of war when they are in a war.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
As I looked at it, our judicial system is too soft. Myself, knowing when and where they were going to attack would set up a little nice ambush. No courts, no sentences, no possible paroles. Died from natural causes (lead overdose).

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Many thousands of innocent civilains and afghan soldiers have been killed at our hands.
Well at the end of the day it is the soldiers fault because they have the choice and they give power to the sick ideas that other initiate.
I dont see why its not ok for the taliban to do acts of war when they are in a war.

Firstly, There are very few reports of civilian deaths at the hand of Australian forces in Afghanistan, in fact the only report i remember is where 2 reservists from the 1st Commando Regiment hurled a grenade through a window accidentaly killing 4 civilians, however there was a taliban fighter in there. Maybe the Taliban should stop hiding amongst the population and during combat use civilians to protect themselves. Again, we are not killing Afghan soldiers, we are TRAINING them! We are killing Al Qaeda and Taliban extremists.

Yes potential soldiers make the choice to join the military (Or in Australia's case, Defence Force) but they do not have a choice of going to war. Once they are over there they are forced to fire upon Taliban soldiers because if not, they would get injured or potentially killed. It's a lose/lose situation once they enter Afghanistan.

Stop supporting terrorism, you are now a potential target to the US for condoning terrorism

edit on 16-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PURIFIER
As I looked at it, our judicial system is too soft. Myself, knowing when and where they were going to attack would set up a little nice ambush. No courts, no sentences, no possible paroles. Died from natural causes (lead overdose).

agreed. It was the home of the Commandos ffs, i don't think they would have been able to enter the premesis without 'overdosing'

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Well the allies have been responsible for thousands of deaths and we make up a big part of the allies. Of course we wouldn’t hear about the deaths but it is undeniable that they happen.
The Taliban is part of the population, hiding is just part of the war games.

use civilians to protect themselves
Sounds a lot like our politicians and their corporate puppeteers.

If they really cared they would leave the army. Of course they are fired on, they are invading someone’s country..

I am in no way supporting terrorism. I strongly oppose actions by us and them but I find it extremely hypocritical for someone to approve of one sides actions and condemn another’s who are exactly the same in comparison.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Jihad has gone global.

Jihad has always been global -- from the beginning of Islam.

Muhammad wanted nothing less than the conquest and forcible conversion of the WORLD to Islam.

Muhammad had people killed for refusing to recognize him as "The True Prophet of God" and for refusing to convert to Islam.

Islam has always been a "violent totalitarian political system disguised as a religion."

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Jihad has gone global.

Jihad has always been global -- from the beginning of Islam.

Muhammad wanted nothing less than the conquest and forcible conversion of the WORLD to Islam.

Muhammad had people killed for refusing to recognize him as "The True Prophet of God" and for refusing to convert to Islam.

Islam has always been a "violent totalitarian political system disguised as a religion."

Really?

Islam is what ALL THE PROPHETS had as a religion - islam means "submitting to the will of God".

top topics

join