It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some positive police news...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Source - Fox 31 Denver

"We hope this will spread to communities all over the nation," said Seneca. "I just want to help kids in their time of struggle. Some of them are so young and their families need so much support, we are just trying to give folks a smile."

Many police departments in Colorado are rolling into Children's Hospital, delivering gifts to children who are fighting cancer. I think it's nice to see some positive news from time to time, and the police seem to always be put into a negative light. I agree with Officer Seneca and I too hope that kindness like this will spread across the nation. Cancer is a terrible disease, and it's even worse when children suffer from it. I commend these officers for bringing a smile to a child that may not be around for next Christmas.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Police later found out the children were going to commit euthanasia and then shot them to death.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
wow gee thanks guys
presents... yay

smile for the nice police officer timmy
say thank you...

thank you officer....
any time kid,you just get better alright!
and look after your mum here..

ok officer

fred, i dont know,sometimes i just want to, i dont know bring god down to earth and make him see what hes doing.all the kids dying, sometimes i wonder if we're fighting the good fight

sure we are Barn, sure we are..

me:vomits on the computer screen

most people say how nice and polite most of the serial killers were too

im with nwa on this one. f*ck the police!!!

even the pet pigs goto slaughter eventually!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Police later found out the children were going to commit euthanasia and then shot them to death.

Totally and completely off base. There are good cops & bad cops...good Soldiers & bad Soldiers. Let's take it all the way. There are good humans and bad humans.

I count you amongst the bad. What a turd.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

A good cop or soldier would have stepped down a long time before the opression of fellow citizens became a regular order.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

I retired from the Army a bit ago, due to the route things were going. But most rookies...Cops or Soldiers, usually think that they are a force for good when they first join. (Yea, there are bad apples). Some of us still abide by those rules.

Try looking at the bright side for once. Not everyone is bad.

I still think your comment was off base though. Too broad a brush.

edit on 16-12-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yeah, I agree, but have mercy on him, we all make mistakes, and it's Christmas!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Why does it have to only be at Christmas?

Why can't the Police visit sick Children at anytime of the year it's not like illness only comes at Christmas?

If people truly want to be benevolent it has to be random and regular not just because the media is pumping the reminder into your brain.

These types of news articles always send a message of 'spin' to me. The most benevolent of people give as much as they can and do not ever need to have it advertised. The Police in America have been getting a fair bit of bad press so it appears they are trying to patch things up.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I know Soldiers and Cops that try to help year round. But it is a feel good story that always appears around this time of year. The rest of the upcoming year will be doom and gloom,...until Christmas.

Hmmm....could be a conspiracy there huh?

Meh...MSM at it's finest.
edit on 16-12-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Why does it have to only be at Christmas?

Why can't the Police visit sick Children at anytime of the year it's not like illness only comes at Christmas?

If people truly want to be benevolent it has to be random and regular not just because the media is pumping the reminder into your brain.

These types of news articles always send a message of 'spin' to me. The most benevolent of people give as much as they can and do not ever need to have it advertised. The Police in America have been getting a fair bit of bad press so it appears they are trying to patch things up.

Much Peace...

Ya know, I was wondering what day of the year the OWS people were going to do anything for someone other than themselves, even if it's just "only at Christmas".

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Good on ya for leaving.
Yeah it seems thats how most 'helping' occupations start out, nice and rosey until reality hits.
I understand there are good cops, but its the orders they are following and the orders that are close to being asked that makes me question their morals.

I was looking at the bright side, I made a joke.

new topics

top topics

join