It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran blinds CIA spy satellite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

According to a European intelligence source, Iran shocked Western intelligence agencies in a previously unreported incident that took place sometime in the past two years, when it managed to “blind” a CIA spy satellite by “aiming a laser burst quite accurately.”

Although this was not the topic of conversation more information is actually coming out how much more sophisticated Iran really is in its capabilities . This could have major implications when combined with its electronic capabilities that have just come to light

edit on 15/12/2011 by Sauron because: internal quote tags to external quote tags

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

So now China, and Iran can take out satellites whether it's temporary or permanent.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Blinding a photo spy satalite with a big laser, as long as the accruacy and beam width could hit it for long enough to mess up the CCD camera, then id this seems more likly than tricking a spy drone into coming down at your will...

jus sayin'

Aim a strong green laser pen at any CCTV and by by camera... in a matter of seconds

You need infrared lasers to effect infrared cameras however, vis for vis.

edit on 15-12-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yea it is really an advantageous capability that denies us forces real time on the ground imagery. I suppose this forces them to fly more drones which can now be subject to laser and electronic attack.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
lol where the kids who cry iran is no where near the tech to do such things?

No wonder they need drones to fly over , now even that is compromised .

I wonder what is next .

Spy sats - compromised

Drones - Compromised

"Hikers/agents" - Compromised

false flags fueled by western msn - priceless

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I hope all sinister plans against Iran doom to fail

and the PTB plan to bring the boys back home.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
fair play to iran for sticking up for themselves!!

im happy to see iran stand up against the terrorists and be capable of defending themselves.

iran has its own internal problems in its country but that doesn't give it the right for another country to get involved. especially the country that always sticks its nose in other countries business.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

star!

I do agree here, and the USA is far from perfect internally and externally - hardly the role model for countries to follow.

The big issue is the nuke thing, unfortuntly only those with nukes can make sure other people making nukes are doing so for the right reasons. The nuclear weapon club is members only, and only a member can invite a new member.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
No guys, the CIA meant to have their satellite disabled.

So they can attack Iran with a nano tech stuxnet virus.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Iran shocked Western intelligence agencies in a previously unreported incident that took place sometime in the past two years, when it managed to “blind” a CIA spy satellite by “aiming a laser burst quite accurately.”

This is probably why the US had to use the RQ-170 to gather intelligence on Iran, Because NSA and CIA satellites are deemed useless to gather visual images.

Russia might be helping Iran to locate these satellites. I know Russia have optical detection systems for tracing spy satellites. I haven't heard that Iran has detection systems to locate these types of Satellites.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The US should nuke Iran and send them back to the stone age and be done with it...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

The US should nuke Iran and send them back to the stone age and be done with it...

And the reason for doing that would be....?
  • They recovered our spy drone
  • They blinded our CIA spy satellite
  • They captured our CIA agents in their country

Iran isn't the aggressor here.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

And the reason for doing that would be....?
  • They recovered our spy drone
  • They blinded our CIA spy satellite
  • They captured our CIA agents in their country

Iran isn't the aggressor here.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

Lol Black, thanks for stating the obvious facts that we were talking specifically about only in this thread. I didn know you had our briefing on Iran? omg!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
This is probably why the US had to use the RQ-170 to gather intelligence on Iran, Because NSA and CIA satellites are deemed useless to gather visual images.

That is an excellent theory!

First thing I wondered when hearing about that drone is why didn't they just use a satellite?

I think Iran has a lot of tech up their sleeve to counter the west that we have yet to see.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Why don't you take your death and destruction attitude and shove it up your *ss. The world doesn't need idiots like you, and ATS could surely be done without idiots like you!

At least try to contribute a little to the thread instead of wishing death on millions of innocent people!

Back on Topic...

Its clearly obvious the Iran and many other countries around the world have a far higher level of tech than the US either admit or know. To say the US are the most advanced is extremely ignorant and stupid and it will only bring disaster...

"Don't Underestimate Your Enemies"

If and its an IF, Iran can control US drones and disable/blind satellites, i wonder what else they can do...hmmm!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This is mainstream media propaganda. If Iran did in fact blinded those satellites, Iran would most probably being helped by China, Russia or even CIA covert agents.

Think about it. Once the world know (via mainstream media) that Iran is technologically advanced and dangerous, there will be a unified plan to destroy Iran.

After all, prophet Muhammad mentioned in the Quran and Hadith, the Arabs would suffer greatly and that Islamic powers would shift to South East Asia.
Translation: Most Arab countries would be flattened by wars, nuclear / plaque or disasters.
He also advised all to seek knowledge from China. Yes, China.

edit on 12/19/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: typo

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by spy66

That is an excellent theory!

I think Iran has a lot of tech up their sleeve to counter the west that we have yet to see.

I agree, Iran has more tech than what is being displayed on YouTube or on any wiki page.

How Iran works and communicates with Russia and China on the matter concerning the US and Israelis aggressiveness, is way beyond public knowledge.

Personally. Only Russia or China could give exact coordinates to Iran so that they accurately can blind US spy satellites. There are hundreds of satellites up there, choosing the right spy satellite to set it out of action demands very sophisticated intelligence and detection systems.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If America doesn't like it, then it's a simple solution: Don't spy on Iran.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So much patriotic US flag waving on the other threads, but none in here, I wonder why?

Never seen anyone mention the fact that in the 70's Iran had better access to US technology than the US army did
(benefit of having a US puppet dictator in charge I suppose), why is it so hard for people to accept that they have a 90's technology level (because thats all thats really needed to achieve anything they've done of late).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I saw this when the Drone was captured,

Is really concerning as Iran has always been very advanced in math and science esp engineering,

I think their capabilities are quite well played down.

I am sure the Soviets and the Chinese have done it quite often already, China seems to be on an all out hacking attack at times on the USA, so I don't think its enough to say attack over, but will be used as so.

I tell you one thing ive read as well they have back engineered their own version of the Russian S300 SAM missile, who knows how true these stories really are smoke and mirrors, however if they have the ability to seriously create losses on attacking aircraft, advanced jamming thanks to their new kit, and taking out Satellites, controlling drones...

well any action there would need boots on the ground....

An horrendous terryfing and hopefully never done thing.

Kind Regards,

Elf

<<   2 >>

join