It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting for Ron Paul may be a trap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So, it looks as though we have Ron Paul set to be a legitimate candidate to win the Republican primary.

But what if he does win the primary?

With NDAA passing, the military can arrest anybody with only a suspicion of being terrorists. They can be held indefinitely and without trial.

But, here's the kicker: What's one of ways to identify potential terrorists? Voting for people like Ron Paul.

This is how we could instantly have millions of people in the U.S. declared as terrorists and rounded up.
edit on 15-12-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How can voting be construed as a terrorist act? How can checking a preprinted box on an approved ballot be terrorism?

Let's not make demons where none exist. Who knows, maybe they're use it lock up some Wall Street criminals, lobbyists and politicians.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

If voting for Ron Paul is a terrorist act so is being a member of this site.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Although I respectfully disagree with the repercussions of him being nominated...

I will say this about your sentiments:

That's all fine and dandy.
Go ahead and try to arrest voters, you silly gov't.

You want a new civil war?

Come.
Get.
Some.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The only trap in voting for Ron Paul is conservatives splitting their vote (yet again) and letting the Obama's enjoy 4 more years of White House parties and tax payer funded vacations.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How would they identify people that voted for Ron Paul? Around here, votes are cast in private and no one is required to say who they voted for. I honestly don't see any way it could happen.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Although I respectfully disagree with the repercussions of him being nominated...

I will say this about your sentiments:

That's all fine and dandy.
Go ahead and try to arrest voters, you silly gov't.

You want a new civil war?

Come.
Get.
Some.

haha I had to.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The Ron Paul Terrorist Report
www.nolanchart.com...

Another problem:

This country is so backwards and so wrong!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I deffinatly agree with you on this. Deffinatly seems like a set up!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britx

If voting for Ron Paul is a terrorist act so is being a member of this site.

and any other conspiracy site, buying firearms, having missing fingers, having more than 7 days of food, paying in cash, weather proofing ammo, if you complain about the TSA, expressions of libertarian philosophies, homeschooling, belief in a NWO conspiracy, identity privacy, having a distant stare, sweating too much, taking pictures, support animal rights, act like a loner, ever been to a political rally, visited a country where english is not the dominant language, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc., and etc.
the list is long, and dumb..

Oh yeah, btw: can I be on one of those groovy lists too, or am I not cool enough?

edit on 15/12/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This whole Ron Paul thing is the media's John McCain..The media and their 'leftwing' organization's are pushing hard for Ron on all internet sites and through the media in hopes of gaining support for him ..because ,like McCain ,they know he's the only one Obama can defeat.
Will people be stupid enough to fall for this 'sleazy' play again?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, certainly, there is always a risk that a politician will say one thing to appeal to a certain group of voters and then get in office and do the exact opposite of what he said. There's no law against lying to people to win their votes. In fact, that's just the kind of speech that is most protected by the U.S. Constitution. Political lies and distortions.

However, the biggest worry is not that the person in office will do the exact opposite of what they say, it's that they'll just become the same kind of political hack that is already there. That they'll pretend to make changes, but then explain that they just don't have the backing from the rest of Congress, and they'll just become the same dull, ordinary politician as everybody else. Wiling away their time rather than getting anything done. Allowing their business cronies to snag those big government contracts and walk out of the Treasury with their pockets full.

I'm a cynic, so that's what I see happening. Just the same old song and dance. Same old pen full of hogs bellying up to the trough. Bless you younger people and your idealism. I think you're idiots.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
The Ron Paul Terrorist Report
www.nolanchart.com...

Another problem:

This country is so backwards and so wrong!

one thing you can do is tell them exactly what you think of them to their face as long as you say, "Well, in my opinion" first, then they can't do anything to you because it's your opinion, and you can't get in legal trouble for your opinion. I have fun with this line a lot with police encounters, not saying I have police encounters a lot, just for the few I have had, most I usually let them know what I think. In the politest tone possible of course!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You won't believe this. from none other than the protocols of zion, the globalist bible:

"When it becomes necessary for us to strengthen the strict measures of secret defense (the most fatal poison for the prestige of authority) we shall arrange a simulation of disorders or some manifestation of discontents finding expression through the co-operation of good speakers. Round these speakers will assemble all who are sympathetic to his utterances. This will give us the pretext for domiciliary prerequisitions and surveillance on the part of our servants from among the number of the GOYIM police."

Now tell me what that sounds like. Ron Paul and his supporters? The MIAC report targeted ron paul supporters. And guess what else, this appears as the first point under the heading "arrest of opponents" following along exactly with what is happening with the indefinite detention bill.

www.biblebelievers.org.au... protocol 13

Im still voting for him though, they cant scare me.
edit on 15-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Which is why every real conservative should vote for Paul instead of one of the fakers they are putting up there.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I saw the dumbest thing ever on CBS today.

the announcer says "it's a 3 way tie at 20% between Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney & "Someone Else"

with something like this as the picture..

we all know who that someone else is though at least

top topics

join