It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Isaiah 9:10 prophecy: Is U.S. under God's judgment?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Our economy would be better if it wasn't sucked dry to support military adventurism, for one thing, and second, the spying on Americans by hundreds of different private and governmental agencies on the level of the former communist East Germany. This is all money siphoned out of the economy for no real benefit to the average American citizen, just for a wealthy few who own oil companies and military weapons producers, and those who own spying contracts from the government.

My views on not being able to "rebuild" our economy has much more to do with the fact that there are lost jobs and credit availability that we're never going to see return to past levels.

People keep making posts on this forum about the future king or the future kingdom, where I think this sort of talk is anti-christ in that it denies Jesus so everyone is another Pontius Pilate or something.

I'm still not sure what you're talking about, but something tells me this is another case of misinterpretation. What future king or future kingdom are you referring to? First, Christ will set up a Millennial Kingdom after the second coming. After the Millennium, Christ will be setting up a Kingdom in the New Jerusalem.

The only thing I can figure that might be adding to your confusion is someone stating that Satan rules the world, which Christ has given him a certain level of reign to do until He removes him from the earth. Satan is the "Prince of the Air" and was cast out of Heaven and down to earth. This is where Satan will reside and will wreak havoc until God sends him to the Abyss and then eventually into the Lake of Fire. If you think someone has stated that Satan has more power than God on what goes on here on earth, I think you may have been mistaken. Let's face it, God has allowed Satan a great amount of control here on earth, but God can step in at any time and intervene, however, I believe that he's refraining from doing so to allow people to fully exercise their own free right now.

And how do you "happen" to know this?

I know what he believes from previous U2U messages we've had with each other.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

This is an interesting observation. Christ is the fish, the living Ark. Aquarius, the water-bearer, brings about the flood "as in the days of Noah".

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

waiting to have sex until youre married is the stupidest thing i've ever heard in my life hands down.

I think our judgment is long overdue and the only thing keeping God from judging us is our support for Israel. He promised to curse those who cursed her, and to bless those who blessed her. The day the US joins with the rest of the world in condemning Israel will be the day God judges us for our sins.

If God doesn't judge us soon He'll have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You need to stop telling me that i haven't already is what you need to do, spend your time being less judgemental. Your own soul needs tending to, you should tend to it before you try accusing people of not being saved.

He who points his finger is the one that is most guilty.
You have Satan as your king and you have said so in the past by saying Satan rules the world.
I have Jesus as my king and I believe Jesus rules the world as king but just not in a physical way but in a spiritual way, which is what we need to recognize and obtain from Jesus so that ignorance and evil can be cast out from the world.

Ok, Satan is my King
. After all my talk about Jesus and my signature and all my threads etc.

I don't think you fully understand what is going on here. You say you studied the bible how long? Right. It has been said in the bible that Satan is the Lord of this air/earth.

Man was given dominion over the earth but when the original sin took place that dominion shifted to Satan. That is where i got that from.

When Jesus was in the wilderness fasting for 40 days Satan tempted him that if he would bow down and worship him he would make Jesus rule over the kings and nations of the earth. How could he do this if he was not the Lord of this Air?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

When Jesus was in the wilderness fasting for 40 days Satan tempted him that if he would bow down and worship him he would make Jesus rule over the kings and nations of the earth. How could he do this if he was not the Lord of this Air?

Yes, when Christ was tempted by satan in the wilderness satan offered Jesus all the nations of the Earth, and said it was his to give to whomever he chose to.

Christ never challenged those assertions.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I'm not here to stir up fear mongering.

Hmm.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I'm still not sure what you're talking about, but something tells me this is another case of misinterpretation. What future king or future kingdom are you referring to? First, Christ will set up a Millennial Kingdom after the second coming. After the Millennium, Christ will be setting up a Kingdom in the New Jerusalem.

This is the sort of thing I am talking about, what you just wrote, that Jesus being king is always in the future.
What has been going on for the last two thousand years and what is going on right at this moment?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You worship Satan, that's all there is to it and you could not make it any more clearer than you just did.
You recognize Satan as your sovereign and deny the sovereignty of Jesus.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Deetermined

This is the sort of thing I am talking about, what you just wrote, that Jesus being king is always in the future.
What has been going on for the last two thousand years and what is going on right at this moment?

He didn't say that Christ's kingship won't happen until the future. You might want to re-read what was said.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You worship Satan, that's all there is to it and you could not make it any more clearer than you just did.

He never said he worshiped satan. How that could be "clear" to you is beyond comprehension.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
reply to post by spy66

This is an interesting observation. Christ is the fish, the living Ark. Aquarius, the water-bearer, brings about the flood "as in the days of Noah".

Pisces.

Well not exactly; The elites say that the year of Pisces is the year of Jesus. When we go from the age of Pisces to the age of Aquarius; Jesus age is over and we enter a new age with a new God/teacher.

The age of Pisces is from when Jesus started to teach at the age of 12. In year 12. and to 2012. That is 2000 years. God created the world is 6 days (6000 years) The end of year 6000 is on December 24/25 in 2012. God rested on the 7th day (year 7000). God is resting in the age of Aquarius.

I assume that the age of Aquarius will be the age of Allah and the prophet Muhammed/the Koran.

Christianity is on its way out and Islam is on its way in.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

All things considered....Yes.

Why? Because of how Christianity is setup and it's original base in Judaism.

To start with Judaism is based on a compact made between God, Moses, and the people of Israel in the Sinai desert after they left Egypt. Per the compact in Leviticus 26 the benefits of being in this relationship are detailed. Along with the punishments involved in breaking the laws as given by Moses and God. And that once committed to the compact it is binding on not just you but your descendants as well in perpetuity.

Christianity made no changes to that arrangement. However per Romans 11 it details that Christians are adopted Israelites. Grafted into the tree of life which is the family tree of Abraham, Issac, and Israel. And as long as you're a good Christian you are on the good side of the Covenant.

The problem is when people start falling away from their religion. Misfortunes are supposed to start coming your way. Illness. Bad harvests. Enemy attacks. Wild animals attack. And that is just the start. Then it jumps a level and the punishments increase. They that hate you shall reign over you. Plagues. Starvation. Etc.

Top level punishments include being conquered by your enemies and the people being killed or taken away as slaves. Which is what happened to the Israelites of the 7th century BC. And what Isaiah was referring to. But yes it could happen again. The Apocalypse of Revelation may simply be an extension of Leviticus 26 punishments.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

To start with Judaism is based on a compact made between God, Moses, and the people of Israel in the Sinai desert after they left Egypt.

This "compact" as you call it is called a "covenant". And it was made between Abraham and God, not Moses. And technically we can go back to Genesis and look at the statement God made that the seed of the woman would crush the serpent's head.

Christianity began with a new "covenant" between God and man, the covenant of grace. This happened at the last supper with Jesus and His disciples. We've been operating under the covenant of grace for 2,000 years now.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Compact or Covenant it's just a matter of semantics. But what I said is accurate. Judaism is based on the laws of Moses. And Leviticus 26 is the basic agreement made. Follow the rules and be rewarded. Violate them and suffer the consequences.

As far as a "new covenant" in Christianity I need to point this out.
Matthew 5.
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

New Covenant? Not in this lifetime. Maybe after the 1000 year reign of the saints.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Judaism is based on the laws of Moses.

Mosaic Judaism is, but that's been impossible to practice since the temple was destroyed in 70 AD. The Judaism practiced today is "Talmudic" Judaism, and is a works based religion. And of course Christ didn't do away with the law, He fulfilled it. That is our redemption! And Jesus began the new covenant of grace at the last supper.

"And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood." ~ Luke 22:20

"for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins." ~ Matthew 26:28

edit on 18-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

He never said he worshiped satan. How that could be "clear" to you is beyond comprehension.

I think its abundantly clear this fellow likes to tell people they have unclean spirits in them and telling them they are going to hell or that they serve Satan. As i recall it the Sanhedrin said the same thing about Jesus and they commited blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

What he doesn't see is that by his words and his actions he is condemning himself. As i have told him before that he is not a christian or he wouldn't seek to split his brothers and sisters apart and sow dissention. Divide and conquer is Satan's tactic.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Your hatred and your accusations have already judged you. You who are so quick to point the finger and accuse people without ever knowing them. You are no better than the Sanhedrin who crucified Christ. Before you go pointing fingers at people all accusatory-like, you need to take a good long look deep in your soul and contemplate why you abuse other people so harshly. Do you think what you do makes you like Jesus? You are a hypocrit.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Your hatred and your accusations have already judged you.
So then it is OK for you to do the exact same thing?
That makes a lot of sense and gives weight to your admonishment (not!, just being sarcastic).
I don't have any hate, and your own words accuse you, I am not making things up.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
On the whole old/new covenant issue, I think you are both essentially right. The old covenant was to teach us the nature of God and his standards, while the new covenant revealed more of God and fulfilled the gap between man and that high standard. Because sin still has consequences in our physical world, the old covenant is still in effect and we are to obey God's Law to the best of our ability. It's like a parent raising a child - when the child is old enough you allow them to go out and make mistakes in order to learn. It is not that your high standards for your child have changed, but that you are putting the responsibility in their hands to show them you trust them. Trust is fundamental for any relationship. God trusts us to keep his commandments - but even better - he takes it as proof that we love him. "If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, for he cannot deny himself." - 2 Timothy 2:13
edit on 19-12-2011 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I will say yes the US is under God's judgement.

So is every nation.

God did not create Nations. Man created nations to divide man. Those things which divide against the whole will be judged accordingly.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join