It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's PM Julia Gillard now earns MORE than Obama !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

$400,000 a year and it is not for life, it is only while being President. The salary use to be $200,000 a year but in 1999 Bill Clinton signed the congressional bill that raised it to $400,000 a year but it could not be applied to Clinton himself (so Bush was 1st President to fall under the $400,000 a year salary).

1st source but I think this is right

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
guys sorry but can we keep the immigrants out of this?
it's an issue i would discuss quite intensely [and i think our debate would rage some time, piddock]
but it is so totally offpoint here...
we have enough to rage about already in the OP.

my cynical mind can't help wondering if this is possibly something they are doing on purpose...
i mean with all these protests against the money and corruption in politics... can they somehow have missed them?
or thought that they were exempt?
it's possible they can't even see us ants from up there on the hill
but if that's the case it's even worse.

this is all going to come crashing.

But immigration in general and illigal immigration in particular is a political issue.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Hahaha

I withdraw my comment and will never agian refer to our dirty red headed PM in the same light as a more superior creature to her, the orangutan.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Your title made me think of this,

Tyrants, dictators and kings always award themselves the greatest rewards, even while the serfs suffer in their stead.
She must be all of the above, coz not one person in this country actually voted for her...
Isn't that what those three do?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
Your title made me think of this,

Tyrants, dictators and kings always award themselves the greatest rewards, even while the serfs suffer in their stead.
She must be all of the above, coz not one person in this country actually voted for her...
Isn't that what those three do?

In a way you're making a very valid point. We're all expected to tighten our belts and yet we're effectively being told in true "French Revolution" style by our (unelected) leader to .... "eat cake". Too bad the guillotine can't be put to use here in Australia as we certainly have the perfect person to try it out on

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Only one fault with this thread.It's title is misleading.The title leads one to believe she actually has earnt it!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed how she has set herself up with yes men and other lackys? Also how she gave the Gg job to a female ( no I'm not having a go at females) and has now given that womens son in law a job.

Did you know that the Gg is the only one who can sack her?

If she fails to have support from the houses they can petiton the Gg to sack her but it's that much harder if the Gg is on her side.

Did you know that now if the Gg was to sack Gillard that the Gg's son in law would now also lose his job?

edit on 15-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just an update the payrise justification was because they had to be more available on facebook twitter and other social media.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Just an update the payrise justification was because they had to be more available on facebook twitter and other social media.

What ?
Sorry but I must be missing something here ... could you please give more info. How does facebook & twitter justify the obscene pay rises they've just been given ?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Huh
Are claiming to be compywrited and marketable now
Or are they claiming it as some kind of overtime

edit on 15-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

it's an issue i would discuss quite intensely [and i think our debate would rage some time, piddock]

my cynical mind can't help wondering if this is possibly something they are doing on purpose...
i mean with all these protests against the money and corruption in politics... can they somehow have missed them?

But immigration in general and illigal immigration in particular is a political issue.

yeah, and so are the education system, housing, healthcare.... what's your point?
i thought this was a thread about our Prime Minister's payrise

if you want to talk immigrants, start an immigrants thread and we'll talk it out there, but let's not obfuscate everything else. let's not forget relevance.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Ranga's tweet:

Yaaaaay for meeee!! Just got a sweet new pay rise!!! Gonna make them commoners squirm now! Just wait till they see the next stupid thing I tell them! Yaaaay for me!!

Edit: Sorry guys, I know I'll get flamed for the continued use of ranga, but it just felt really wrong to use our dictat... ahem, sorry, PMs actual name....

Blackhawks in 3,2,.....

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

yeah, and so are the education system, housing, healthcare.... what's your point?
i thought this was a thread about our Prime Minister's payrise

if you want to talk immigrants, start an immigrants thread and we'll talk it out there, but let's not obfuscate everything else. let's not forget relevance.

It's all part of the issues surrounding the PM and her party. You arrogant self imposed MOD you. How about if you don't like people talking about all the issues surounding Gillard you find another thread and leave the regulating up to the MODS chum.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Because that's really whats its all about isn't it? Personal gain and fortune at the cost of those who break their backs to live honestly.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
DUDDE IM A NEW MEMBER OF ATS and i cant start a new thread yet coz im a noob... but julia gillard just got put on the spot whilst doing a media interveiw massive fffff up of Security some guy just strolled on up and droped a document on the bench in frount of her and walked off ... oh yeah this is the last thread with gillard the snake in it so that why i post here cheak this out tho said somethnig about his missing child ''http://bigpondnews.com/articles/TopStories/2012/08/23/Mysterious_intruder_at_PMs_conference_787004.html?cid=ZBP_NEWS_L_L1-2_MysteriousintruderatPM sconference_RSS_230812'' really what is going on has anyone found out what the file is about ???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join