Australia's PM Julia Gillard now earns MORE than Obama !

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As if politicians didn't have a bad enough reputation already ... at least here in Australia ... we now have the farcical situation where our PM (Julia Gillard) and the rest of the bottom of the pond scum sucking politicians have just been awarded a massive pay rise.



Prime Minister Julia Gillard's salary will rise to $481,000 and backbenchers will get a base rate of $185,000 from 2012, under a plan released on Thursday.

Source: Pay rise for politicians


Here we have a situation where the average Joe Blow wage earner struggles to get a measly few dollars per pay wage increase to try (unsuccesfully, mind you) to keep up with inflation, CPI increases, huge increases in electricity, etc, etc, etc and here we have politicians getting indecently huge pay rises taking the average politicians annual pay to a minimum of $AUS185,000 and Gillard gets a whopping $AUS100,000+ pay rise taking her to $AUS480,000+ a year ... which I believe is MORE than Obama himself earns each year !

Now tell me, WTF is wrong with the above scenario ??


ETA:
Here in Australia we have a standing joke along the lines of ...

What do you call 100 politicians at the bottom of the Sydney Harbour ? A start !!!
edit on 14/12/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
which I believe is MORE than Obama himself earns each year !



When rumours of this payrise first broke 3 weeks ago, somebody on the radio asked why the POTUS should get paid more anyway. Its not like they're doing a better job in running their country.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
In my mind, I'm just wondering why ANY politician thinks they're worth anywhere near these sort of outlandish and indecent salaries.

Perhaps if a politicians salary was equal to, or just slightly above, the average workers salary ... perhaps the only one's entering politics would be the type of person actually INTERESTED in making a change, looking after the average citizen and running the country in a responsible manner ... instead of being the self-serving, egotisitical and money grubbing basta#%ds that they come across to the remainder of the population as being.

Just rots my socks ....



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
At least Julia will be able to afford her own Carbon (Bull) Tax
More evidence that politicians are out of touch. With Australia being so much in debt why not give the top job a pay rise? Or maybe thats what the carbon tax is really for... hmmm?
edit on 14-12-2011 by Shirak because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I say every politician should have to make the average per capita yearly salary and live on that.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
politicians should all live like pope john paul 2nd..



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yep isn't it all #e? They're telling us to tighten our belts and then getting a pay rise. They say that they have no choice in the matter which has to be a load of bull. Also the opposition is closed mouthed on the subject as well obviously because they're also getting one.


What's stopping either one of them from walking out of parliment in protest against the pay rise? This is so blatantly in your face unethical I'm still having trouble getting my head around that fact that we are being told to tighten out belts and services are being cut left right and centre and then the hag goes and gets a pay rise.

SHE HATES THE VERY CONCEPT OF OUR COUNTRY AND ALL ITS PEOPLE.

edit on 15-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What's the bet that Obama is now going to go after a substantial pay rise of his own ?
After all, isn't his job THE most important job in the world ... so how can he hold his head up with dignity & pride (sarcasm intended) knowing that the PM of Australia is apparently considered to be worth more in a similar position ?
Almost like having sand kicked in your face



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That dirty ranga is overpaid as it is! How can earnings like that be justified for someone who does more harm than good to the country theyre supposed to be guiding in the right direction? It's a shame the other option in Tony Abbott isnt much better, if at all!
Bring back Bob Hawke!! Not that I'm educated on him and his political history but his infamous quote after Australia winning the Americas Cup was a ball tearer haha and who can forget his World Record effort downing a yard glass in 11 seconds....
A true Aussie hero and someone I'd be happy to earn almost half a million dollars a year!



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
I'm still having trouble getting my head around that fact that we are being told to tighten out belts and services are being cut left right and centre and then the hag goes and gets a pay rise.


You calling her a hag gave me my best laugh of the day ... thanks !
And yes, a very apt and descriptive term to use



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
What's the bet that Obama is now going to go after a substantial pay rise of his own ?
After all, isn't his job THE most important job in the world ... so how can he hold his head up with dignity & pride (sarcasm intended) knowing that the PM of Australia is apparently considered to be worth more in a similar position ?
Almost like having sand kicked in your face


Obama doesn't care about money anymore, he can't do whatever he wants being ridiculously famous, he is set for life. If I were him, I would take up rapping after getting out of presidency and go on tour, would be the best marketing stunt ever



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
They defend their salary by telling us that 'if you pay peanuts,you get monkeys'

We got monkeys anyway.


# And wouldnt monkeys prefer bananas?
You would think you would get elephants.

Politicians earn too much.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus
 





Text What do you call 100 politicians at the bottom of the Sydney Harbour ? A start !!!


I think we should round them all up and put them on a leaky boat.
Maybe Nauru would take them.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by steveknows
I'm still having trouble getting my head around that fact that we are being told to tighten out belts and services are being cut left right and centre and then the hag goes and gets a pay rise.


You calling her a hag gave me my best laugh of the day ... thanks !
And yes, a very apt and descriptive term to use


I'm so used to calling her a hag I sometimes forget her real name



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TOMFROMOZ
That dirty ranga is overpaid as it is! How can earnings like that be justified for someone who does more harm than good to the country theyre supposed to be guiding in the right direction? It's a shame the other option in Tony Abbott isnt much better, if at all!
Bring back Bob Hawke!! Not that I'm educated on him and his political history but his infamous quote after Australia winning the Americas Cup was a ball tearer haha and who can forget his World Record effort downing a yard glass in 11 seconds....
A true Aussie hero and someone I'd be happy to earn almost half a million dollars a year!


I resent the term you used being Ranga! Orangutans a member of the great ape family and have a higher IQ and they need our protection. It's not their fault they have the same colour hair as this monkey in office.
edit on 14-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I think that Australia is a beautiful place, stunning coastlines and most of the people are friendly and helpful. I have lived in perth all my life, that being said, in the last few years this country has been falling apart! We have illegal boat people washing up on our shores, being given a home, internet, phone cards, food and wages for nothing! If that isnt bad enough, this stupid cow and her political nazis get this huge pay rise! I cant belive it! HOW IS SHE STILL ALIVE!!?? JFK got shot and he was doing the right thing!!! Some thing is drastically wrong here!
But its like the old saying, Ïf the system was the answer..... It was a stupid F###ing question!



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
What's the bet that Obama is now going to go after a substantial pay rise of his own ?
After all, isn't his job THE most important job in the world ... so how can he hold his head up with dignity & pride (sarcasm intended) knowing that the PM of Australia is apparently considered to be worth more in a similar position ?
Almost like having sand kicked in your face


Because the money spent on altering the DNA of a baboon and turning it into something resembling a human has made her very expensive



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddock
I think that Australia is a beautiful place, stunning coastlines and most of the people are friendly and helpful. I have lived in perth all my life, that being said, in the last few years this country has been falling apart! We have illegal boat people washing up on our shores, being given a home, internet, phone cards, food and wages for nothing! If that isnt bad enough, this stupid cow and her political nazis get this huge pay rise! I cant belive it! HOW IS SHE STILL ALIVE!!?? JFK got shot and he was doing the right thing!!! Some thing is drastically wrong here!
But its like the old saying, Ïf the system was the answer..... It was a stupid F###ing question!


Shhh. Though people wonder it's generally not said. Now you're a target yourself on the net.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak
 


At least 15% of the carbon taxes go to the UN for their big Desertek plans for Africa if I'm right. The rest won't be accounted for and will go towards non-existant contracts, mark my words.



posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
guys sorry but can we keep the immigrants out of this?
it's an issue i would discuss quite intensely [and i think our debate would rage some time, piddock]
but it is so totally offpoint here...
we have enough to rage about already in the OP.

my cynical mind can't help wondering if this is possibly something they are doing on purpose...
i mean with all these protests against the money and corruption in politics... can they somehow have missed them?
or thought that they were exempt?
it's possible they can't even see us ants from up there on the hill
but if that's the case it's even worse.

this is all going to come crashing.





 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join