It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did “piss poor” come from?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I also thought it "don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of"...meaning dirt poor!

Hmmm....interesting...never thought much past that!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Looks like someone chucked the baby out with the bathwater..I'm with the guy with the dog Avatar.

I've read, England is old and small and the local folks started running out of places to bury people. So they would dig up coffins and would take the bones to a bone-house, and reuse the grave

Run out? Where? We do re-use graves eventually, especially in city spaces, that is a given, and yes people would be buried alive, but that is along time ago....These days we still open new graveyards and embalm our dead just incase they were sleeping...*insert spooky piss poor face ere*
edit on 28-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

But worse than that were the really poor folk who couldn't even afford to buy a pot --
they "didn't have a pot to piss in," and were the lowest of the low.

No, the lowest of the low were those who had neither a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out of!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz...our urine samples are very intricite now but years ago, the color and smell was what they relied upon.

I know a man who is a second-generation lab tech. His father reported color, smell, and taste.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

does nobody read threads just the op and make a comment. as stated several timeshere this is just a cut and paste of a HOAX email that been floating about for years get educated my a**

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
mods please move this to hoax

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

What's The Matter,,,, Up set because you didn't think of it, Or Do You Believe Your Running Something Other Than Your Key Board.
E-mail or friends Talking about an E-mail,,,, It Can Be Posted Here.
Grew Up or Move To another Thread!.
This is The Folk Tales and Urban Legend Topic Area,,,,, Not Your Own Private Topic Center!
edit on 28-3-2012 by guohua because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

Here is another question, What does Tit For Tat Mean?
dashdespatch, Does that question up set you, do the MODS need to move to the Hoax Area,,,,,,,,

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

you didnt think it up either. like i said its an email hoax from years ago and you are trying to take credit for telling us all these clever "facts" where it has been shown to be untrue

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

op = tit post = tat

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I always thought people said it because people used to piss on the poor, lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join