It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins another Florida GOP straw poll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Another win for the only candidate that isn't corrupt and loves freedom...

Ron Paul Wins Pasco County FL GOP Straw Poll!

Florida Pasco County Straw Poll 12-13-2011
Results are:
Ron Paul: 171
Gingrich: 51
Romney: 30
Perry: 14
Santorum: 6
Bachmann: 3
Cain: 1
Huntsman: 1
Johnson: 1

edit on 14-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
LOL!
Flag because I love Ron Paul.
And, yes, he will win.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by Vitchilo

Gingrich, Romney, and Perry combined couldn't touch him
way to go Florida vote Ron Paul.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Actually one small county in Florida. People here might get on you for the title...but he did win another, so....cool for the Ron!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by Vitchilo

Gingrich, Romney, and Perry combined couldn't touch him
way to go Florida vote Ron Paul.

Now that you mention it, Dr. Paul got more than 50% of the votes cast!

In political terms that's considered a "tripple dog" landslide!

[color=#00BFFF]Ron Paul's Official Website

edit on 12·14·11 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Bigger news today, was a picture of Newt surfaced with PLO leader Yassar Arafat shaking hands and giving advice.

I wonder if Palestine still doesn't exist?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This shows the strength of Ron Paul grassroots organization on a national/mass level.

I'm waiting for the trolls to come in.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here's another way to look at it...
Of the 278 votes cast:

Ron Paul: 171 or ------------61.5%
Gingrich: 51 or ---------------18.3%
Romney: 30 or ---------------10.8%
Perry: 14 or -------------------5%
Santorum: 6 or ---------------2.2%
Bachmann: 3 or --------------1.1%
Cain: 1 or ----------------------0.4%
Huntsman: 1 or ---------------0.4%
Johnson: 1 or -----------------0.4%

Dunno how meaningful these straw polls are and I'm sure with only 278 votes cast it not an accurate depiction of the greater voting populace of the US. Aside from that it's not often I see any of the other candidates winning or even coming close in these polls. It's saying something no matter how irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Another win for the only candidate that isn't corrupt and loves freedom...

Ron Paul Wins Pasco County FL GOP Straw Poll!

Florida Pasco County Straw Poll 12-13-2011
Results are:
Ron Paul: 171
Gingrich: 51
Romney: 30
Perry: 14
Santorum: 6
Bachmann: 3
Cain: 1
Huntsman: 1
Johnson: 1

edit on 14-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

I want to know WHO THE HECK SUPPORTS NEWT GINGRICH AND WHY

I see nothing but hypocrisy, corruption, profiteering, self-serving when I hear that man. When he answered a question about lobbying (in Iowa I believe), he laughed at how absurd his own answer was.

Are the Gingrich supporters simply supporting him just to have anyone else but congressman Dr. Ron Paul the Re-Founding Father be the Republican of choice?

Common sense is not that common

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TOMFROMOZ

Ok, the air needs to be cleared.

Its a straw poll and nothing else. Its not supposed to represent anything other than organizational efforts and potential.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This article says it all.

www.tampabay.com...

Ron Paul supporters flood Pasco's first GOP straw poll

They came from all corners of Florida: Volusia County, Charlotte County, the University of Florida, even Miami. And the Ron Paul supporters emerged victorious.
Tim Rodocker, 27, of St. Petersburg said he had about a week's notice of the event. "If we would've had another week, we would have doubled (the turnout), easily."

Lea Rashka, 47, is a registered nurse from Davis Islands who came with a dozen others from Hillsborough. "We spread the word," she said.

So Ron Paul supporters found a small straw poll happening in a small florida county and got people from all over florida to drive there to vote.

I honestly don't see this any different than Ron Paul supporters spamming any internet poll on facebook, twitter, and forums to get people to flood that as well.

In short, this is not representative of how Pasco County will vote during the primaries.
edit on 14-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Ok, the air needs to be cleared.

Its a straw poll and nothing else. Its not supposed to represent anything other than organizational efforts and potential.

That comment sounds like it came straight out of a MSM reporter OR a non Ron Paul supporter. They'll say "Straw poll means nothing". BUT, they'll praise the poll if it is in their favor.

Then again, straw polls mean absolutely nothing. Or so says Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council and Values Voters Summit organizer, who is trying to blow off Congressman Ron Paul’s win in this weekend’s contest.

Source Perkins-Ron-Pauls-straw-poll-win-didnt-mean-anything

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Thanks for the explanation although I have to ask...

The voters that took part in the straw poll, we're they aware they were voting on Ron Paul's "organisational efforts" and his "potential"?

Or we're they voting based on who they want for the Republican Party nominee?

I think there's a difference.

I'm really sorry if this sounds condescending as its not my intention I just want clarification. Election time in Australia is somewhat different to how it's done in the USA and this is the first USA election I've followed.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It proves none of the other candidates have people willing to do the same.
BTW...he just won Miami also.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Thanks for chiming in but to show my neutral stance and uneducated view on American politics and public opinion, wouldn't that work both ways? I mean I'm all for Ron Paul getting the nomination as from what I understand he's the only candidate who seems to be for the people and not the corporate hierarchy (but we've all been fooled in the past) but I'm sure if another one of these candidates won a straw poll, wouldn't all the Ron Paul supporters just say something like...
"well Ron Paul won the last ten polls so he's clearly the front runner"??

Once again I'm just trying to get clarity on the process and I don't want to be swayed by a single persons view other than the single person who is actually running for office, in this case good old Ronny. Not that my view will count come election time being from Australia and all.

One thing I have noticed is how quickly the popularity of a candidate can change, it happens in every political system but the only way I see RPs popularity change is when it gains momentum.

Just a final question in this post and the more replies the better...

Has anyone here's actually jumped off the Ron Paul bandwagon?
Cause to date I haven't witnessed it on these boards....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TOMFROMOZ
Here's another way to look at it...
Of the 278 votes cast:

Ron Paul: 171 or ------------61.5%
Gingrich: 51 or ---------------18.3%
Romney: 30 or ---------------10.8%
Perry: 14 or -------------------5%
Santorum: 6 or ---------------2.2%
Bachmann: 3 or --------------1.1%
Cain: 1 or ----------------------0.4%
Huntsman: 1 or ---------------0.4%
Johnson: 1 or -----------------0.4%

Dunno how meaningful these straw polls are and I'm sure with only 278 votes cast it not an accurate depiction of the greater voting populace of the US. Aside from that it's not often I see any of the other candidates winning or even coming close in these polls. It's saying something no matter how irrelevant.

I don't know how meaningful this is either. But I will point out that some of the "polls" that are done in Iowa contain no more than 400 voters (others are around 2k). Furthermore, some of these "polls" contain "voters" from independent and democrat voters. I would suggest that some of these straw polls are a bit more accurate in that, it requires people to organize and go somewhere to voice their opinion (not just answering a phone call). At the end of the day, the only votes that count are from those that are willing to actually go do it. Now, in a state like Iowa, there are other challenges for a candidate like Ron Paul. For instance, to vote in the Republican caucus in Iowa, you must be a registered Republican. Unfortunately for him, a not insignificant amount of support for him in Iowa seems to come from "independents" and even *gasp* democrats. How many of them are going to be willing to change party affiliation to vote? I don't know. That being said, once again based upon Iowa polls, over 70% of RP supporters are claiming that they will definitely caucus for him where it looks like only 50% or so claim the same for Gingrich. That could be huge!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

"i honestly don't see this any different than Ron Pau supporters spamming any internet poll on facebook twitter, and forums to get people to flood that as well."

Its all fair game for other republican candidates supporters, right?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

I made that comment so people understand that this is only a straw poll and it doesn't carry any mass representation of how a bigger affected area would vote. Helping people understand would prevent trolls like Outkast Searcher coming in saying Paulbots spammed the polls again.

Like I said, straw poll victories demonstrate organization, dedication and enthusiasm. None of the other candidates are able to pull this off. That is the main point to be taken away from these straw poll victories.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
This article says it all.

www.tampabay.com...

Ron Paul supporters flood Pasco's first GOP straw poll

They came from all corners of Florida: Volusia County, Charlotte County, the University of Florida, even Miami. And the Ron Paul supporters emerged victorious.
Tim Rodocker, 27, of St. Petersburg said he had about a week's notice of the event. "If we would've had another week, we would have doubled (the turnout), easily."

Lea Rashka, 47, is a registered nurse from Davis Islands who came with a dozen others from Hillsborough. "We spread the word," she said.

So Ron Paul supporters found a small straw poll happening in a small florida county and got people from all over florida to drive there to vote.

I honestly don't see this any different than Ron Paul supporters spamming any internet poll on facebook, twitter, and forums to get people to flood that as well.

In short, this is not representative of how Pasco County will vote during the primaries.
edit on 14-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

I like this response.....

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It proves none of the other candidates have people willing to do the same.
BTW...he just won Miami also.

That's a pretty telling response from Ron Paul supporters going to that effort for what I understand is just a lowly straw poll. Having that kind of influence in some ways surely reflects the greater opinions of the whole US of A of Ron Paul's campaign.
Come election day it goes to show that all these energetic supporters will get off their arses and go to the polls to vote for RP. For the other candidates, hopefully for them, their supporters show the same kind of enthusiasm otherwise I can see a steamrolling victory for Ronny!!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Not trying to usurp this thread but good points. I do not know of anyone jumping of the bandwagon but I am sure that it happens just like with any candidate. Maybe not at the same rate, however. I have also noticed that only RP seems to mostly rise in the polls while almost all of the other candidates jumped and then fell. I really don't know what this indicates. In a way, it feels a bit like trial balloons but that is the conspiracy in me, I suppose...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join