It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surveillance Video Captures Stun Gun Incident: (Girl-14: I'm calling the cop dishonest-will you?).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Okay, here is the first story, when reported the first time I saw it: Dateline-December 14, 2011

The mother of a 14-year-old Dieruff High School student has filed a federal lawsuit claiming an Allentown police officer used excessive force when he shot her daughter in the groin with a stun gun during class dismissal in September.Victoria Geist says her daughter, Keshana Wilson, had her arms raised high to indicate she surrendered when officer Jason Ammary pointed a Taser at her on Sept. 29 outside the high school and fired, according to the lawsuit filed Wednesday.

According to the suit, use of the Taser came after the officer grabbed Wilson from behind without identifying himself and "violently" pushed her into the side of a parked vehicle. He placed his right forearm against her throat, choking her, the suit claims. Orloski says the city's surveillance cameras captured the incident and back up his client's claims. An attempt to get the video, which was introduced as evidence, was unsuccessful.

Cops Side of Story (Version 1):

According to a police report filed at the time: Police tried to get students to move along with verbal commands. Most listened, but some remained in the middle of the street, talking on phones, texting or just not moving. An officer approached the girl and two of her friends to get them to move along, but she began to curse, which was inciting the crowd. The officer went to arrest her for being disorderly, but she twisted away from him. She began to resist and the officer had to lean her against the trunk of a car to place cuffs on her. The girl turned back and elbowed the officer in the chin. The girl kept hitting the officer, so he backed up, un-holstered his Taser and fired at her. He reached down to get his cuffs, which fell during the struggle, and he placed her in custody.

At the time, Assistant Chief Joseph Hanna said the officer was justified in using his Taser, according to the "use-of-force continuum." Because the Dieruff teen was likely to injure herself or the officer, she was considered a mid-level assailant and an active resister, Hanna said at the time. The continuum — the standard police use to gauge their use of force — states that after the officer's presence and verbal commands fail, he or she can restrain and control an active resister through non-lethal means, such as pepper spray, hands, baton or the Taser.

Source: www.mcall.com...

Okay... So later today I see that the story was updated-It makes me go Hmmmm:

Surveillance video captures stun gun incident-Edited footage shows Allentown officer firing Taser at 14-year-old Dieruff student.

Edited surveillance camera video footage obtained by The Morning Call shows an Allentown police officer firing his stun gun at a teenage girl in September outside Dieruff High School. The Sept. 29 video – entered into evidence as part of a federal lawsuit filed last week against officer Jason Ammary and the city of Allentown – appears to show the girl raising her arms about a second before the officer fires the weapon and the girl collapses on the street.

Attorney Richard J. Orloski, who filed the lawsuit in U.S. District Court on behalf of Victoria Geist, the mother of the 14-year-old-girl in the video, says that Ammary used excessive forced when he fired the Taser directly at the teen's groin. Orloski would not comment further on the lawsuit Tuesday, saying "the video is more convincing than any words from me."

Gets Good Here:

The first 15 seconds of the surveillance footage begins with Wilson and two unidentified friends walking in the 800 block of Washington Street and then turning back to talk to a group of students. As the teens are beginning to talk, the video abruptly cuts to an Allentown police officer struggling with a girl on the side of a parked car. According to the complaint, Orloski says that the portion of the video was redacted because a pair of surveillance cameras do not capture the entire scene. About 1 minute and 40 seconds is missing from the video, according to the lawsuit.

When the video continues, Ammary appears to be pinning and shoving Wilson against the car using his right forearm to her neck area. The girl's left arm comes across and her elbow appears to catch Ammary on the right side of his face. At that point, Ammary appears to have unholstered his Taser. He takes three steps back and fires at Wilson who appears to raise her arms when she first sees the Taser pointed at her. Wilson clutches for her midsection as she collapses to the ground. The lawsuit claims Ammary "intentionally" shot the teen in the pelvic region to "inflict the maximum amount of pain." As the girl is on the ground, Ammary appears to call for assistance using his shoulder radio and orders one of the fallen girl's friends to back away. As school security officers arrive , one can be seen leading away an unidentified boy in handcuffs.

The lawsuit and Allentown police gave different version of events leading to Wilson's arrest. The 100 seconds of missing video does not show when Ammary confronted Wilson and what prompted the confrontation. According to the lawsuit, Wilson did nothing to provoke Ammary. Orloski writes in the lawsuit that the officer grabbed Wilson from behind without identifying himself and "violently" pushed her into the side of the car. Allentown police said the girl was cursing and inciting the crowd and when the officer went to arrest her for being disorderly, she twisted away from him. The officer then leaned her against the trunk of the car to place handcuffs on her, but she continued resisting and elbowed the officer in the chin, police said.

Here is the Dishonest Call:

The lawsuit claims that the video also refutes some other "embellishments" in the police report, including: 1: Officer Ammary saying he aimed lower because the teen was using her backpack to block the Taser; the video shows her upper body exposed. and 2: Officer Ammary saying hundreds of students were blocking vehicle traffic when the video only shows a small number of students on the street
Source: hwww.mcall.com...

Well Look-the video is up at Youtube:

Sorry so long but I think the case is pretty well outlined to understand the jist of the issue. The Cop apparently made the situation sound worse than it was.... and about a 14 year old girl. Taser? That alone bear scrunity.

But then the apparent embellishments that are made to boiser his arrest-assault! "Oh I had to shoot her in the groin area because she was using her back pack as a shield (which begs the question of how the back pack play a part in the matter (was it on her back the whole time, was she carrying it, did she drop it during the "confrontation" and pick it back up? what?

Then, the number of students said to have been on the streets. Making it sound like a riotous situation. Which I guess we'll never know unless we get the UNEDITED footage. For pete sake.

We as the citizens of communities pay for the police, schools, equipment etc etc but we can't get to see what the hell the cameras were put up there to see? I would think it would be public access/domain.

Seems to me that a call needs to be made to the PA Attorney Generals Office as this particular department is KNOWN to the AG's office for various reasons.

Thoughts?
edit on 12/14/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Look at that video. Someone was operating that camera to make it zoom in and out like that.

I think the Atty for the girl is correct. The missing tape will make his case stronger and prove the cop(s) are lying.

Honest to pete. Very interesting. He a big tough guy.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Nothing to discuss. Unless we get the whole clip any reply after mine is now pure speculation.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

What? The whole issue IS THE MISSING tape.

The girl clearly put her hands up and Was NOT using her bookbag as a barrier or defense-as the cop indicated his reason for shooting her in the groin area.

And that the area was swarming with kids not obeying lawful commands etc. Are you pulling my leg?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
She raised her hands in a surrendering way just before he tased her. The cop's statement is a blatant lie, case closed.

He's a real tough guy tasing her "in the groin", maybe he should experience what that feels like. There are police officers and there are pigs, he's a pig.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
She pushed the cop away then saw the drawn gun and put her hands up, the cop didn't have enough time to realize she wasn't going to continue fighting him

But a taser on a girl that you can hold back with no problem is excessive vorce

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It reminds me of the lying s***s who recently peppersprayed the protestors, claiming they were surrounded and in danger. They always lie... excuse me--embellish their reports. That lie is broadcast to the public at large by their spokespeople, and becomes the "Official Story," so to speak. And most citizens will believe it, or, at worst, give the police the benefit of the doubt, even after they watch the video that proves them lying. I don't know what it is--some kind of psychological principle, I guess. It's beyond me.

My boss is one of those people. He can barely contain his glee when he watches an overwhelming number of jackbooted cops wade into a line of unarmed protestors. I secretly suspect that if he himself were beaten down and tasered by a cop, he'd still be happy to stand in line to kiss their butts. It's a head-scratcher....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Without the whole clip we can't judge who is right and who is wrong.

All there will be is speculation on for example what her raising her arms meant ( "i'm sorry" or did it mean "what! what you gonna do to me")both of which lead us nothing closer to the truth.

You know why? Obviously because the whole clip is missing. Hope you get it.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It time the PDs across the country STOP protecting their own and START cracking down on those police which give them all a bad name. If that can't happen, and soon, there is something terribly wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

All there will be is speculation on for example what her raising her arms meant ( "i'm sorry" or did it mean "what! what you gonna do to me") which does not lead anywhere.

I can't tell if you are being serious or using sarcasm. You really read the whole story?

Unless she was armed with a weapon, which she was not, there is no reason to use a stun gun on a 14 year old girl, not like she'd be difficult to hand cuff and, no offense to anyone, but it didn't look like she could run very fast... or far.

So, basically what I am saying to you, unless you live an alternate reality, this is a clear case.

"Without the whole clip we can't judge who is right and who is wrong."
You don't need audio or a different angle to figure that out. The people in charge of the "missing" clip... I think it's safe to assume they indeed were the ones wrong.

I am still not sure if you are using sarcasm...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
It reminds me of the lying s***s who recently peppersprayed the protestors, claiming they were surrounded and in danger. They always lie... excuse me--embellish their reports. That lie is broadcast to the public at large by their spokespeople, and becomes the "Official Story," so to speak. And most citizens will believe it, or, at worst, give the police the benefit of the doubt, even after they watch the video that proves them lying. I don't know what it is--some kind of psychological principle, I guess. It's beyond me.

My boss is one of those people. He can barely contain his glee when he watches an overwhelming number of jackbooted cops wade into a line of unarmed protestors. I secretly suspect that if he himself were beaten down and tasered by a cop, he'd still be happy to stand in line to kiss their butts. It's a head-scratcher....

What about the cop who pushed the New York Bycyclist off his bike and lied about it. If it were not for the tape he would have gotten away with his blatant lie.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by Jepic

All there will be is speculation on for example what her raising her arms meant ( "i'm sorry" or did it mean "what! what you gonna do to me") which does not lead anywhere.

I can't tell if you are being serious or using sarcasm. You really read the whole story?

Unless she was armed with a weapon, which she was not, there is no reason to use a stun gun on a 14 year old girl, not like she'd be difficult to hand cuff and, no offense to anyone, but it didn't look like she could run very fast... or far.

So, basically what I am saying to you, unless you live an alternate reality, this is a clear case.

"Without the whole clip we can't judge who is right and who is wrong."
You don't need audio or a different angle to figure that out. The people in charge of the "missing" clip... I think it's safe to assume they indeed were the ones wrong.

I am still not sure if you are using sarcasm...

See, ladies and gentleman. The above is a classic example of pure speculation.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hah! We thought they put those cameras there to spy on us! We sure showed them, huh?

I may have puked a little in my mouth watching the video in the news article I linked below. Watch the whole police station pile drive the guy who just got bashed in the face with a wooden desk. Unprovoked. Of course.

I don't think we need the rest of the mysterious missing clip to come to the conclusion that law enforcement is way out of hand. In the girls defense, fighting off an attacker is a natural instinct. She was shoved against a car being man handled by a large man. I would have kicked him in the nuts and the gone for another swing while he was holding them.

It doesn't take much to make a cop angry, does it? Maybe they screen for psychos during the hiring process.

Wow

www.newson6.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Also. In regards to the "embellished report" when a person "embelishes" (aka lies) about certain details of a course of events, it makes the whole report invalid. This officer obviously lied at least twice in the report. Therefore, not anything that he says can be trusted. Either that, or he his dillusional and probably shouldn't be permitted to carry a weapon that he may use against a child.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
and not only the footage but the person who zoom in on the cam is a wittness as well.yet,whos side is he/she on?something is verry wrong,even in the edited version seems to side more with the girls version.bare in mind she wasnt the one editing the clip.leading me to believe they edited as close is posible to his version,word against word'?it smells curruption alright.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The vid also shows no crime to warrant physical action by the LEO.
Double edged sword editing the vid.
It does however show the actions of the officer.
Her word against his.
These days an officer's word doesn't hold as much water as it once did.
The officer's entire life can be made public.
Odds are, he's done this before.

Nice Job LEOs.. when your paycheck gets cut because your budget was used to settle this lawsuit, don't get mad at us, go ask officer "taserthug" for funding.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Not first time police do this kind of stuff with videos. That camera was manned obviously and the footage edited. They cover for their friends.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

She pushed the cop away then saw the drawn gun and put her hands up, this here is speculation,once the cop away she could have noticed the badge."speculation as well from my part.but it is no speculation that her statement is near to what we see as true then what he states.so if we stick to the little facts we have in hand and take both words into acount one is clearly liying. simple,no brainer.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Fact of the matter is that is should have never risen to that level of confrontation. She is a Female, 14 years old.
Period.

I think an independent review board and investigation is going to be conducted and this officer will not be at the winning end.

That is my opinion, of course, but in PA, Juveniles are given a lot of give before they are in the criminal system. I do see all the remaining charges being dropped also.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thoughts?

Anyone getting upset needs to calm down and realize they don't have all the facts and that we need full video. I would be less worried about the girl being tazed then thrown to the ground which is what would have had to happen if she kept resisting.

Keshana
This is not a racial comment, but a cultural one.

<<   2 >>

join