It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you give a soft, cuddly AK-47 a loving home this Christmas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I love this advertizing gimick; they make it sound like an ad for abused puppies but, its really an ad for a gun store.

Listen to this advertisement and you’ll reasonably assume that what’s for sale is something forlorn, lonely, cute and cuddly … a stray puppy, perhaps.

“They’ve been mistreated and misunderstood for generations,” the ad begins. “Abusive owners have done severe damage and given these beautiful creatures a bad reputation.”

That’s how it’s supposed to sound. The owner of PRK Arms in Fresno, Calif., brainstormed this brilliant way to sell guns — and, so far, it’s worked.

Hot Air

They say the ads have been wildly successful and sales are way up, especially among women who just can't stand the idea of some poor little assult rifle not having a good home for the holidays.

edit on 12/13/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
They do make a compelling argument. I may have to pay them a visit.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Not only is this a great gimmick, it’s something that is slowly but surely gaining popularity amongst the xmas crowd, as true happiness is a selective-fire, gas-operated 7.62×39mm assault rifle.

But most of us already knew this…

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Yep, there's no joy like the joy of finding fully automatic weapons under the tree on Christmas morning.

Makes me get all teary eyed and sentimental just thinking about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Lets see...the SPCA has Bob Barker. I wonder if we can get Chuck Norris to make a Christmas ad.

"They're depending on you. For the low price of a bit of CLP and a few old rags, you can take care of this poor mistreated weapon!"

No scratch that. It's an AK. No CLP needed.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This ad must be drivin 'em nuts out in Liberalfornia.

One of the biggest gun control pushing states in the union and they have this ad playing about how gun ownership has been abused by the media. They make the guns out to be the victims in the whole scenario.

Its not the poor gun's fault it was used in a driveby shooting; the gun was abused by its drug dealing owner. We should take pietty on the poor gun that was abuse so badly by its owner.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Nope I live in Cali... these are illegal

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You have to love it, and clean it, and treat it just right. One for suzy, one for bobby, just dont squeeze it too tight.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

they do have California edition fire arms with those lame bullet buttons and 10 round mags and there 10 day waiting lists the gun store that did the add is located in Fresno California

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I have already found a loving home for a sweet loving cuddly AK 47.

Her bark is not nearly as bad as her bite.

edit on 14-12-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join