It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the "the end of the world" healthy for the economy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
so I was thinking about 2012 today and it came to me that "the end of the world" can be healthy for the economy. Now, from my knowledge I know that "shopping shopping shopping" can be healthy for the economy in certain circumstances. Now, if people start "maxing out" their credit cards considering that "the end" is near. Would this have a negative impact on our economy post 2012 dramatically? (I am quite dubious about 2012)
Here is a link I found of profit rising near Y2K...

articles.latimes.com...
edit on 13-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

As a personal experience I remember my uncles, aunts and cousins going over my house looking for containers to fill with water. Before the end of 1999 we had purchased so much clothes, blankets canned food, propane, lighters, batteries etc. We went out to restaurants and ate out a lot before the "beginning of this new world". I was only 10 at that time, had NO clue what was really going on.(Except for what the MSM had provided me with) Seems to me that the media did a pretty good job.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

In a full perspective the people do not influence the economy in any way

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yes I suppose it would increase shopping for goods and services of immediate utility will mean that those producers ( and retailers).

Then there are those who would be spending on products that might help survival.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

I would have thought if you had more people spending it would be healthier. People spending must mean people have an income. (More people working)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hopefully by 2012 there wont be an economy

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VikingDude
Hopefully by 2012 there wont be an economy

the way things are going right now who knows.
Shouldn't we be more worried about if we would be even living after 2012?
Excited.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Yes, but this isnt the full perspective. Its the way the economy gets to that point, the ups and downs that bring in these conditions are picked by the federal reserve.. The fluctuation of cash rate and economic condition in my opinion is a confusion and submission tactic for the inevitable time when the economy collapses completley.

Dont listen to anything you hear on the mainstream media to get your idea on how the economy works (its only good if your making short term investments), they only show you the small perspective. For example if they were to tell you the full perspective now we would be hearing how our debts are unavoidable and will lead to economic collapse; but obviously they dont want to scare you yet.

Stay safe, these are dangerous times. If you want to make a smart investment I suggest stocking up on non perishable foods and water because when reality hits the price of essentials will sky rocket.

new topics

top topics

join