It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One S e n s e

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Lets take humans for example...

Humans only have one sense.

The sense of feel.

Those other senses you learned about go back to being feel-based.

Just think long and hard.

Bright example: When bright light hits your eyes you feel it cause discomfort or hurt. Sometimes a sense has to be heavily effected in order for you to grasp that it is only one sense we have.

None of us have five senses.

Five senses is a lie.

-The sense of smelling is feel-based
-The sense of hearing is feel-based
-The sense of seeing is feel-based
-The sense of tasting is feel-based
-The sense of touching is feel-based

But what do you think?

I even buy that the sense of thought is feel-based. Just because your thoughts aren't normally loud enough doesn't mean it isn't. One time I had a very loud and bright thought, and I felt it. Plus, emotions carry along with thought, and you do feel emotions. There is even an emotion excited that comes along when sharing some common sense. Other than that you can feel the calm in mind. We are always feeling something when awake. But even in dreams we feel things like excitement, or fright, or adrenaline.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

The sense of feel.

Bright example: When bright light hits your eyes you feel it cause discomfort or hurt. Sometimes a sense has to be heavily effected in order for you to grasp that it is only one sense we have.

Five senses is a lie.

But what do you think?

I even buy that the sense of thought is feel-based. Just because your thoughts aren't normally loud enough doesn't mean it isn't. One time I had a very loud and bright thought, and I felt it. Plus, emotions carry along with thought, and you do feel emotions. There is even an emotion excited that comes along when sharing some common sense. Other than that you can feel the calm in mind. We are always feeling something when awake. But even in dreams we feel things like excitement, or fright, or adrenaline.

Quite an interesting theory! So, humour me with this! What happens when people are able to silence their minds like as aimed for via meditation in spirituality? Are they senseless? Haha.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The more uniquer the feel is the more likely it will just get its own label.

That's what I think the reason is to the five senses. But they are each a sense of feeling.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

No, they feel something. Even if it is peace or calmness, they feel something.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Technically you're correct... all senses are feeling...

Though if you consider the fact that all matter is just a vibration, ask yourself this...

What isn't a vibration?

Feeling is just a comprehension of vibration

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Do you think that feeling would be registered by thoughts though? Can feelings and thoughts exist without each other, even if it is a subconscious though? I feel that perhaps a TRUE Stoic would be have to be thoughtless to be emotionless.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So your saying senses are emotions. I think emotions are a 6th sense that you create. All of your sense derive from frequency. What you see is a light ray frequency, you hear sound frequency, you fell electric frequency as well as taste and smell. With emotions, I think you create a frequency. Using your past experiences and the frequency's you are taking in threw your 5 senses at the moment.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You are correct in saying "all of our senses are feel based"

feel
   [feel] Show IPA verb, felt, feel·ing, noun
verb (used with object)
to perceive or examine by touch.
to have a sensation of (something), other than by sight, hearing, taste, or smell: to feel a toothache.
to find or pursue (one's way) by touching, groping, or cautious moves.
to be or become conscious of.
to be emotionally affected by: to feel one's disgrace keenly.

verb (used without object)
to have perception by touch or by any nerves of sensation other than those of sight, hearing, taste, and smell.
to make examination by touch; grope.
to perceive a state of mind or a condition of body: to feel happy; to feel well.
to have a sensation of being: to feel warm.
to make itself perceived or apparent; seem: How does it feel to be rich?[/ex

dictionary.reference.com...

But just because they're "feel based" doesn't mean we only have one sense

Senses are physiological capacities of organisms that provide inputs for perception. The senses and their operation, classification, and theory are overlapping topics studied by a variety of fields, most notably neuroscience, cognitive psychology (or cognitive science), and philosophy of perception. The nervous system has a specific sensory system or organ, dedicated to each sense.

en.wikipedia.org...

Sense is a term for the way we perceive our reality and we do that with the five senses, smell, touch, taste, sight, and hearing. These are the 5 ways we perceive our world. Thought is not a sense, it's the product of mental activity.

edit on 12-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Question is: can a feeling be a thought? I think so. So meditation type people do have thought in mind, even though they think they cleared their mind of thought.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Smell could be argued to be a Sense.
But looking closer at smelling itself, its actually touching of certain odors and entering the Olfactory .

All in all, there are 5 senses, that use feeling to get across to the brain.
We can't say "I FELT the aroma of the pie, as the FEEL of the bakery bell is FELT through my ears, vibrating. The pie, giving of steam, was FELT sitting at the window in full FEELING of everyone who might walk past."
That could get confusing. The 5 different sense are, in fact, senses of feeling from certain parts of your body. otherwise, hearing, eyesight, smelling, all become one word, when they are not the same action.

Basically, we have a very complex language where we have very defined words.
Frio - Calor (hot and cold in Spanish)
or in english we have Cold, freezing, cool, chilly, etc. - hot, warm, burning, etc.
Get my point?
We have different words for different things, the evolution of language. Sure, the basic building blocks of the senses are feelings, but wouldnt that be stepping backwards almost?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Dumbing the term down does nothing for me personally.
While it is true everything comes with emotion, our being in itself could be a "sense of sorts if you would want to go that route. To me it only leads to unecessary pondering :p

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Do you think that feeling would be registered by thoughts though? Can feelings and thoughts exist without each other, even if it is a subconscious though? I feel that perhaps a TRUE Stoic would be have to be thoughtless to be emotionless.

I think thoughts are feelings.

The only person that is emotionless is a dead body. Something in the aware brain is always feeling around for extra sensation.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Thoughts are not feelings, although thoughts can cause feelings thoughts are the product of mental activity.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The sense of feel.

Five senses is a lie.

But what do you think?

Quite an interesting theory! So, humour me with this! What happens when people are able to silence their minds like as aimed for via meditation in spirituality? Are they senseless? Haha.

No because at that moment I would probably feel harmonious/happy and the energy that some call chi. In those moments you kinda instead feel even more than you usually do. It's like your cells are signing. I understand why some people call it raising your vibration. But I can only talk about how i percieve it. Namaste
edit on 12-12-2011 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by WarJohn

Technically you're correct... all senses are feeling...

Though if you consider the fact that all matter is just a vibration, ask yourself this...

What isn't a vibration?

Feeling is just a comprehension of vibration

hmmm...indulge me...reality is an illusion and the illusion is the reality. We are all but wave forms turned to matter by a conscious thought or more like a consciousness grid...the Demiurge! We cannot see beyond our matter like existence, yet there is a whole other existence around us interconnected with us.

Like the Native that met the Spanish on the shores...he asked them... from where they had come and the Spanish pointed to the horizon on the sea and said "That ship", the Native looked and squinted, but saw nothing....because he had never seen anything like that before....it was not in or within his consciousness. Finally after a day of looking and speaking to the Spanish, he saw it and ran back to the village to tell everyone. Within a few hours...everyone else could see it....Transference of ideas through the field....Isn't it awesome!

I know we are talking about senses...but pulling from the consciousness field would be another sense well worth working on.
edit on 12-12-2011 by blazenresearcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Since all of our senses are made just to detect different wavelengths, yes, they are all just one thing. But that would mean that everything is just one thing, one flow of energy at different wavelengths, almost like musical composition, but on a much bigger scale and encompassing more than just sound. I think of this as why music can have such a strong emotional impact on us.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Life is sensation appearing as form.
Sensation is split into different senses, however they all appear in the same place. See if you can find where hearing is taking place. Thoughts appear in the same place as hearing, seeing, tasting, touching and smelling.
The 'one' sense is consciousness.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I often wondered, is it possible not to see, not to even see darkness, just to be in a state of feeling. I have experienced something close to it, I can sense my astral being, I can look deep down into my core, a primary "sense" that is connected and is the core of all the other senses.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Really interesting OP thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I think thoughts are feelings.

The only person that is emotionless is a dead body. Something in the aware brain is always feeling around for extra sensation.
..to respond to ...the group?

linkfor Systemic Centres, (from Solar Septenary Chart of Planetary Schemes) www.shamballaschool.org...
The Light of the Monad
www.shamballaschool.org...
www.kryon.com...
“Bright Lights”
You have seen a variety of bright lights on planet Earth, those people that bring the light from Home and shine it through a bubble of biology to help you to more easily see yourself and the light from Home. You have always known that some beings come in with almost too much light to carry. It is as if their eyes attract attention because of their extreme brightness, and they are so creative that everything they touch turns to magic. But sometimes their vibration is so high that it is difficult for them to be comfortable on Earth, a planet with such a low vibration. Many of you have seen these bright lights that we call “Earth Angels.” They come in with many gifts, giving of themselves freely and without hesitation. Sometimes this is done at their personal expense and the toll is often quite heavy. Like Yet they leave behind incredible gifts to help the advancement of all of humanity. You have seen them in many of your famous artists, such as in musicians who have died quite young but left their indelible imprints behind. www.lightworker.com...
Universal Geometry www.shamballaschool.org...

Nine Year Cycle

The third ray governs all cycles such as those of nine million years, nine hundred thousand years, nine thousand years, nine hundred years and nine years. In other words, all that originates on the third ray is controlled by spiral-cyclic efforts based upon the numer "9", and its multiples such as 9,90, 900, 9,000, 90,000, and 900,000. Now, reflect on the fact, that the 3rd Ray is the personality ray of the Earth, the ray of the Mahachohan, and the ray of the third planetary centre - humanity, the Throat. The emanatory impulses of the third ray pulsate in a cyclic peak every nine years under the direction and inspiration of the third ray personality ray of our planetary Logos, Sanat Kumura and the direction of the Mahachohan R. This is the real reason behind the Occult fact that the Hierarchy meets in silent conclave every nine years:

At those times, when the Hierarchy meets in silent conclave, a part of God's vision, and His formulation of that vision for the immediate present, is revealed for the next nine year cycle. They then, in perfect freedom and with full mutual cooperation lay Their plans to bring about the desired objectives of the Heads of the Hierarchy, as They in Turn cooperate with still higher Forces and Knowers." [Esoteric Psychology II, 241-242]Text

link
Universal Geometry

"You are not allowed to enter here, unless you know geometry." (Plato's Academy in Athens)

“The Dodecahedron is the form with which God decorated the Universe.” (Plato, Timeo)

The universe is based on the dodecahedron which has 12 pentagons (12 x 5 = 60 not 72 = 12x6).

Basing on Tibetan teachings and on Pythagora’s (?) harmonical value of Numbers we could say that:

- 12 is the Number of a creation (3) in expression (4), i.e. of a cycle in expression (the Number of a “complete cycle” is 24 = 12x2 - “Rays and Initiations”, V)

- 6 is the Number of “perfect form in Space” (ibidem): 6 = 1x2x3 and also 6 = 1+2+3, the synthesis of triadic Power

- 5 is the Number of manifestation on mental plan, that is building of thought forms

- 60 is the Number of 3 cycles between Vulcan (1st Ray) Jupiter (2nd Ray) and Saturn (3th Ray) to build a Five pointed Star (5 positions of Saturn in the Zodiac whereas Jupiter returns in the same Sign of a first conjunction) and also a Six pointed Star (6 positions of Jupiter in the Zodiac during 3 conjunctions and 3 oppositions)

… So we can think that 72 = 12x6 or 24x3 is the Number of a perfect cycle in space.

And that 60 = 12x5 is the Number of building a thought form : the superior Triangle of solar Conscience follows this Law! The Laws of Golden Section φ in Five pointed Star and of π in Six pointed one.

Finally 84 = 12x7 is the Number of perfect completion of a cycle, and 84 is the revolution period of Uranus, the 7th Ray!

How simple and powerful are Numbers!

“The science closest to spirit is higher mathematics, if correctly understood”. Hierarchy (1931) - 162

Here is the Solar Five pointed Star that Solar Conscience is building from 1901 to 2020 (when finally Jupiter and Saturn will be joint in Aquarius)

Text

edit on 13-12-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join