It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would Aliens Not Be Violent?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shamdaddy

In which case, we would stand an ok chance of defending ourselves. A lot like that movie battle of LA. They are not millions of years ahead but enough to get here. We have the home field advantage, and if they want the planet, they can't just blow it up. Not to say they couldn't engineer a super virus to just take us out...haha

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
“In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace. The art of war is of vital importance to the state. It is matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence under no circumstances can it be neglected.”

Sun Tzu

None of us can fathom what an alien thoughts or wants could be since we are all human, there may be peaceful races and also militant ones so we must prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised to meet a peaceful race.

Your right about the variation, and as I stated earlier, even within that race their may be factions. The greys for instance, that people seem to see in abduction scenarios, probably have several 'casts'. Most abductees report being experimented on, so we can assume that the 'scientific/biology' cast along with the 'military' cast would be encountered. But there are probably those that manufacture the sustenance/food, the dwellings that people live in, the fundamental services like plumbing etc. Point is, our military represents us, and will represent us out there. Chances are they are going to do things that upset the rest of us, but wouldn't be representative of our actual human intentions. We must assume that peace is always possible, assuming you can work things out with more reasonable beings.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I just don't see how when Aliens "arrive," all our world problems will be solved.

Says who? That thinking might be our doom..and slowly (thanks god!) some people start to believe the opposite...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

Thats a fair assessment. When I see "advanced" alien race, I imagine a race much like the one from the movie 'Knowing' or the Taelons from Earth Final Conflict. They are so advanced, that none of the elements they require for their technology are available on any planet in natural form. They basically extract pure energy from zero point, or the more refined versions, and manufacture all their necessities out of the primordial 'stuff' of the universe. If they were only 200 years ahead of us, they would probably be more interested in cooperation since it could prove mutually beneficial. A race thousands or millions of years ahead, wouldn't stand to learn anything, and would therefor most likely prove indifferent to our existence.

I know I reference a lot of science fiction in my posts, but thats just for clarity, I assure you I'm very grounded in my beliefs about this kind of thing haha.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

So back to the EDs. They are more spiritualy advanced than us. They wont hurt us because they "know" they are being watched. As for the Greys doing horrible things to people. If you wish to compare them to human history. You could say some EDs are Buddhists and some are Nazi doctors. Or something like that. My point is they have been helping us through out history. Why show up now? When our morals are almost non existent? They see we need help. We have lost our way.

I don't see us as having less morality now than ever. Quite the opposite, atrocities have been committed since the dawn of time, now we have means to shine a light in those dark places. We, as a civilization, are undergoing a transition to make accountable those in power. If anything, they are showing up to watch as we 'birth' into our new paradigm, one perhaps where they are comfortable in making contact officially.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Humans have a track record for firing first, asking questions later. I believe the world's response to off world visitors will be the key as to how we are treated.

Any off world visitors will be more advanced then us, to what degree who knows. I hope that they study this planet and it's people before making contact. The time taken to study us will give them the information that we are a hostile people, with war and hate being the name of the game.

In my mind they are here for any number of reasons, any of them could mean hostile and or friendly. Some being:

1. They are explorers looking for life within the universe. (Universe being mans world and understanding)

2. They are looking for another home planet.

3. Their race is dying and space exploration is a way of finding answers to prolong their race.

4. They are looking for resources for their home planet. If they can travel this far, perhaps they can harvest resources and transport back to the home planet.

There is no way we can correctly predict what will happen when visitors land, until such time as it happens.

It is my hope they can look beyond the response of the world governments and see that not all of the people on this planet will be hostile towards them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
There is a reason why some real UFO investigator come to conclusion that these entities are not 'Aliens' but they just pretending. They are living among humans from before humans exists.

off course all these cannot be proven by MATERIAL and PHYSICAL sciences. They inhabit different dimensions thats not material.. they have the power to temporarily appear in physical, but their world is non-physical.

their identities are different in every age. they show themselves as benevolent entities but in reality they hate humans, they are cruel and liars..

and they are getting stronger everyday until the situation enables them to appear en masse to humanity, pretending to be saviour.

the signs are there.. the slow push toward the pure materialism.. the ideas that human came from monkeys thus moving from a God centric creation, the ideas that God is just a myth, the 'Scientific' man who expect everything must be explained with Material Sciences or it didnt exists..

these move toward godlessness among humanity will speed up these entitie's appearance on the world stage.

what can we do about it ? nothing.. its the sign of times. Everyone here directly or indirectly know the sign of current age, where children disrespect parents, where bad things are now considered good, where perversions are allowed even flaunted, where hate abounds..

thats what the world heading to.. the final conclusion..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join