It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would Aliens Not Be Violent?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Humans are kidnapped ... have painful medical experiments done on them .... their memories messed with ... and generally treated by aliens the same way that we treat wild animals that we are doing scientific experiments on. The aliens dont' seem to regard us any higher than we regard baby seals or polar bears. (and you can see how their lives are while having to live under humans - YIKES).

Yes, but we have established that dolphins can self identify, feel pain, love and form bonds, essentially everything we think of as 'human' qualities. Yet they are mercilessly slaughtered by entire cultures. A lot of people don't agree with whats going on, and are trying to help, but what can they do. There may be the same thing going on. Their scientists want to do these experiments, but their average citizen could be watching in horror or disgust at how we are treated. Again, not fair to judge. Not to mention, if they didn't care about the pain or fear they induced on abductees, assuming the phenomenon is real, they wouldn't erase the memories of the procedure.

Maybe their health sciences community determined that memory erasure is as good as sedation, since in the end your don't remember anyway. No way to know, and it would be unfair to make up our minds one way or the other without more information, for every abductee that says the aliens are here for bad, there is another that says they are here for good.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
fk me, we dont even know if they exist but their trying to make us fear them. . talk about leaving no stone unturned.

next it will be fear leprechauns they could invade, but we dont know if they exist - BE SCARED ANYWAY-GIVE US YOUR GOLD FOR SAFE KEEPING'S, DARN LEPRECHAUNS

At this rate, every dik and tom will be dressed in bubble wrap scared to even leave the house (or bubble wrapped cupboard) in fear of seeing another color, religion, small or tall, skinny or fat person, and maybe even alien which they said defo doesn't exist a few years back - but be scared anyway

w.t.f

please aliens, invade and wipe out every top government official and massive banking cartel so we can prosper.

take Gordan Brown too, just for the sake of it
edit on 12-12-2011 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
reply to post by JunoJive

i agree but evolution often produces the same result.
if their home planet is anything like ours then they are most likely a lot like us.
we'd probably find more on their planet that resembles earth life.
competition is part of evolution, anything that doesn't compete usually doesn't survive so if they've been around long enough to make space ships then their ideas and motives would also be likely similar to ours.
edit on 12/12/2011 by listerofsmeg because: spelling is aweful this evening.

I made a post on this not long ago: ATS Exolife and I agree, they would have the same motives probably, however we are still hundreds of years away from getting anywhere, anything could happen. The same way we looked at the barbarism of the witch hunts etc of our recent history, we couldn't imagine reverting back to that, we can get a long way in the next hundred years compared to other points in history.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Ya, as Dr. Kaku said, the transition to a type 1 civilization is the biggest hurdle.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
fk me, we dont even know if they exist but their trying to make us fear them. . talk about leaving no stone unturned.

next it will be fear leprechauns they could invade, but we dont know if they exist - BE SCARED ANYWAY-GIVE US YOUR GOLD FOR SAFE KEEPING'S, DARN LEPRECHAUNS

At this rate, every dik and tom will be dressed in bubble wrap scared to even leave the house (or bubble wrapped cupboard) in fear of seeing another color, religion, small or tall, skinny or fat person, and maybe even alien which they said defo doesn't exist a few years back - but be scared anyway

w.t.f

That might have been the case if we didn't have society as we know it, but pressure to conform keep things from getting TOO fringe too quickly. Anyone who is afraid of aliens invading is probably stockpiling food for 2012 right now as well. Not much can change until a few generations from now when people aren't so quick to freak out due to the rapid dissemination of information.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JunoJive
Yes, but we have established that dolphins can self identify, feel pain, love and form bonds, essentially everything we think of as 'human' qualities. Yet they are mercilessly slaughtered by entire cultures.

Which is what could very easily happen with the aliens who are running their scientific experiments. Some may be sensitive to our feelings and others not. Not all aliens are the same just as not all humans are the same. At any rate, the experiments ran on humans are cruel. The next step from cruelty would be violence ...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Yes, but we have established that dolphins can self identify, feel pain, love and form bonds, essentially everything we think of as 'human' qualities. Yet they are mercilessly slaughtered by entire cultures.

Which is what could very easily happen with the aliens who are running their scientific experiments. Some may be sensitive to our feelings and others not. Not all aliens are the same just as not all humans are the same. At any rate, the experiments ran on humans are cruel. The next step from cruelty would be violence ...

Perhaps, but again they aren't killing us, they are perhaps callous about our needs, but that may be unintentional. I remember reading about some dolphins in captivity killing themselves, and when they tried to figure out what was going on, it turned out there was a motor causing high pitched whining in the tanks driving the dolphins insane. Whether the cruelty was intentional or not is unclear, it could just be that they don't understand our sense of fear or pain.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
+ AND - ENERGIES within the Cosmos. Good/ET bad /ALIENS. Human leaves this planet with good heart intentions = good ET human leaves this planet to go take over controll and misguide innocent Et = bad/aliens. SO I agree in the OP that some would be considered good if viewed from a human perspective as are some viewed bad from a human perspective. Angels(cosmic/interdimensional/ultradimensional GOD forces) Demons (cosmic/interdimensional DEVIL forces) GOD-DEVIL ect. ALL energy in the end

edit on 12/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Destinyone
We're the bad neighbors, on the wrong side of the galactic tracks....

As long as we keep our garbage on our side, they probably have no interest in us....

That might be their reason for not showing themselves, we have a lot of problems to fix, and they know we'll just demand they do it for us. I would wait till the kids grew up to show them how to drive a car too (to use a poor analogy).

Cheers.
edit on 12-12-2011 by JunoJive because: changed reply to quote.

I think it was a good analogy you made. I sometimes think they must view us as the trailer trash of the Universe.

And why should that even bother you?...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
+ AND - ENERGIES within the Cosmos. Good/ET bad /ALIENS. Human leaves this planet with good heart intentions = good ET human leaves this planet to go take over controll and misguide innocent Et = bad/aliens. SO I agree in the OP that some would be considered good if viewed from a human perspective as are some viewed bad from a human perspective. Angels(cosmic/interdimensional/ultradimensional GOD forces) Demons (cosmic/interdimensional DEVIL forces) GOD-DEVIL ect. ALL energy in the end

edit on 12/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Yes, but we are at a loss to properly define good and evil. A man steals a loaf of bread to feed his family, the shop keeper sees that act as evil, the family being fed, as a heroic good deed. Perspective is a blinding thing sometimes. As for God/Devil duality, if there is any truth to that story, God created the Devil which means that the source of all good, is the source of all evil, there is no duality. No such thing as cold, merely absence of heat. In fact, duality might be one of the bigger problems to face our paradigm in the future. Correcting the need for a 'them' for the 'us' to unify against. We need better reasons to organize ha.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If they've finished eating the inhabitants of the planet they're at now,they'll come and start on us.
Maybe.
If they(assuming any exist)are like us,we're right up coprolite creek without a water-shovel.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

w.t.f

That might have been the case if we didn't have society as we know it, but pressure to conform keep things from getting TOO fringe too quickly. Anyone who is afraid of aliens invading is probably stockpiling food for 2012 right now as well. Not much can change until a few generations from now when people aren't so quick to freak out due to the rapid dissemination of information.

I'll tell you sumet that freaked me out the other month. . my niece was looking over my shoulder as me and a friend of mine watched a UFO clip on youtube. . this girls only 7 and she turned around to me and said "they're not going to hurt us though, are they" me and my friend turned around and was like..o.k, wtf. then she carried on " well people go on like they're scary but i think they're here to help" ...im thinking, help what..wtf does she know that needs help other than her Dora The Explorer zip thats loose, wtf? Probably nothing but im sure many on this site too would have been thinking what i thought- wtf.

Another thing i'll mention is the amount fo aliens in children's TV. i have a 11 month old daughter and i watch tv shows sometimes with her on an afternoon. . i find that they show aliens allot, saying that they're here, that they're nice beings etc. . again probably nothign other than showing things that are relevant to our current times, but again - most people from this site would be thinking the same as me, wtf!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They would be no more hostile to us than I am hostile to ants when I remove them.

If they exist, and if they have mastered interstellar flight, we wouldn't be considered a sentient species to trade with, war with, or have peace with.

If they wanted us moved, destroyed, etc, they would.

And they wouldn't perceive it as hostile. Just a matter of them doing what they feel was needed done.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I'll tell you sumet that freaked me out the other month. . my niece was looking over my shoulder as me and a friend of mine watched a UFO clip on youtube. . this girls only 7 and she turned around to me and said "they're not going to hurt us though, are they" me and my friend turned around and was like..o.k, wtf. then she carried on " well people go on like they're scary but i think they're here to help" ...im thinking, help what..wtf does she know that needs help other than her Dora The Explorer zip thats loose, wtf? Probably nothing but im sure many on this site too would have been thinking what i thought- wtf.

Another thing i'll mention is the amount fo aliens in children's TV. i have a 11 month old daughter and i watch tv shows sometimes with her on an afternoon. . i find that they show aliens allot, saying that they're here, that they're nice beings etc. . again probably nothign other than showing things that are relevant to our current times, but again - most people from this site would be thinking the same as me, wtf!!!

Could be just conditioning to accept that aliens may be real, but a lot of it is just tolerances growing every generation. We did away with sexism for the most part, and racism as well, now in the 21st century I suppose we find ourselves warming more and more to the idea of galactic cousins. Nothing to be worried about really, considering it hasn't affected our lives day to day yet, why would it any time soon. Same principle as the end of the world. It could happen sure, could happen any day, but is it worth wasting your life worrying about it ha.
edit on 12-12-2011 by JunoJive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
They would be no more hostile to us than I am hostile to ants when I remove them.

If they exist, and if they have mastered interstellar flight, we wouldn't be considered a sentient species to trade with, war with, or have peace with.

If they wanted us moved, destroyed, etc, they would.

And they wouldn't perceive it as hostile. Just a matter of them doing what they feel was needed done.

Maybe, but even on our planet we have numerous biology professionals, interested in the smallest and most inconsequential of life forms on our world. I would imagine that we probably encounter their military-scientific personnel, but there are probably groups that specialize in lesser evolved species. I mean we can respect curiosity, love, and joy in animals that we deem 'non-sentient', why would they be so likely to overlook the fact we seem to be using tools and building structures that other animals are not. I think we have set ourselves apart enough that they would take a second look at us, but perhaps we just aren't yet ready to understand or even truly believe they exist. Imagine if it turns out all the accounts of angels and prophets from the heavens, were aliens and that foundation was gone, there are a lot of people alive who aren't ready to give that up.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Whats the first thing humans do when they see an Alien Craft and its occupants

They shoot them down
How would you respond?

In the great words of Katherin Tate and MontyPython probably the credo of a continually shot at visitor trying to be friendly.
"are we bovered".
"Camelot (earth) a very silly place".

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Not sure how often I've heard of people opening fire on a UFO. In fact in the documentary I Know What I Saw, a former member of the military during the Woodbridge UFO encounter at Rendlesham forest near the air base in suffolk england, sort of chuckled at the idea and asked "what good would it have done?". This from someone trained to defend a nuclear capable air base.

I recommend this free documentary to anyone interested in the subject, as it sheds quite a bit of light on their procedures when dealing with humans and our aircraft, as well as a small bit about their language and possible translations of some markings. You sort of have to use the same logic and reasoning that solves a Sudoku puzzle, a little deductive a little inductive reasoning. Be flexible and this doesn't seem so far fetched.

edit on 12-12-2011 by JunoJive because: Spelling/Elaboration

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

The presumption that violence to be physical is in everyone's mind yet much more advanced races would most likely "conquer" us by more subtle means; manipulation must be very easy when you have a brain that is millions of years ahead. We wouldn't even be aware of their presence yet they could run everything.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JunoJive

The problem is the technological differential.

They may need to keep us around for study, or they may click a button and have everything they want to know.

I hope for the former

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I believe that any space alien race that visits our planet Earth, should have the capability to defend themselves; if needbe. Therefore.... I think that the other-worlder's, that visit our planet, should have the capability of provoking extreme violence on a world-wide scale.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join