It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHOICE: Keep your way of life or live an older way of life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is particularly addressed towards my American brothers, caught-up in such an important time in your History.

You seem to be facing a wall, seemingly indestructible and yet easy to climb.

Many want to see the dawn of a new day. This dawn has been given the face of a revolution, a changing of hands in regard to control, civil guidance.

Your government is clamping down so strong on your way of life that it is choking you, hurting you, tiring you to the point of confusion.

For years, you have been fed a sugar-laden diet of delicious technology and fruitful entertainment. The pantry was always open and seemed so full.

Now, as your hearts and souls begin to feel the diabetic-like symptoms of tyranny, you are given a choice. It is, mind you, a very hard choice. It can be compared to a choice that an alcoholic would have to make. Do you continue drinking, knowing that it will destroy you eventually, or do you quit, knowing that it will still have lasting scars?

It seems that revolution is frightening because it means that you would have to give up so many of the things that you believe defines you. For example, knowing that so many of your every day devices are dependant on government technology, such as satellites, would you and could you give them up if it meant a better way of living in other, more important areas of existence?

Many important backbones are controlled by your leaders. Many of the technologies you use and take for granted are maintained by a very small, trained group of individuals.

If there was a revolution, a war, a period of violence and destruction, it is more than likely that sources of information and education such as libraries and the Internet could be lost.

Apart from word of mouth, passing down of knowledge from those few who know how to run the power-plants and other necessary hubs, how will you keep the old ways alive?

It isn't impossible that you may have to revert to a way of life that resembles the beginning of the 20th Century, or even the middle of the 19th Century.

This is a fact.

Your guns and Ammunition will only last so long.

There are only a limited number of people who will fight and live to tell the tale.

The teenagers of today do not know the first thing about physics. Many can not repair a bicycle. The majority would not know how to fix a car, let alone convert it to be able to run on home-made alcohol.

Many good men and women aged 20-60 will fight and be killed.

Again, I will point you to the teenagers and the children.

This kind of event would not happen unless there is a catastrophe so large that the entire world falls victim, so try not to imagine that there would be help from other countries.

I believe that this revolution that is so wanted will not happen for fear of losing your comfortable technologies. If it does happen, it will not be instigated by the public, it will be started by the forces of the government.

You have to remember that the people who say that they control your country, those people who tell you that they rule over you, remember that they are only human. They are only talking pieces of meat.

They have no right to tell you what to do.

They have no right to say 'no.'

If a stranger stopped you on the street and grabbed you by the arm, saying that they were going to lock you up for doing something they didn't like, you would defend yourself.

Your government are strangers.

You do not know them.

They do not know you.

Be prepared to treat them as they treat you.

The time has come to open the eyes of your children and teach them what it means to be human.

We are animals. We are creatures that walk and talk. We live. We die. We have happy times and sad times.

Most importantly, teach them, and teach yourself if necessary, how to live in the bush or in the forest.

Practice how to keep yourself alive without so much as a can opener.

We have un-learned what it means to be an animal.

This is a very important thing to understand. If we can not survive in nature, then we will all die.

So the choice is, do you continue to let your maniacal and violent so-called 'leaders' push you further onto the spear, or do you prepare to fight back, knowing that you will lose many of your modern day luxuries?

Remember, if you fight back, you will one day regain your luxuries, and hopefully they wil be used for a better purpose.

If you don't fight back, give yourself a pat on the back and smile, because you will be letting the wolf kill you all.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I have done all I can realistically do to go back to an older way of life. Recently we have got rid of TV, Mr and the wife quit watching a few years back, now we stopped the kids. Big change in their behaviour. We started to show them that there is fun in simpler things. We have a fire almost every night. I've taught them to play cards. Currently they are learning instruments. Anything to keep them away from video games. Board games are a big hit in my house now.

We have more focus on outdoor related activities. I'm an avid hunter and fisherman. This summer we started getting the kids into it. I'm also trying to teach them the values of not being a consumer and to make provisions last far longer than intended. We usually walk now instead of driving, weather permitting.

We try hard not to be a part of mainstream society. The only reason why I have internet is because my job requires that I do.

No more fast food. No nothing.

My family is not only prepared for the apocalypse, we don't contribute too much to the machine. As little as possible anyways.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Excellent work.

Children deserve more than we know.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Its actually sad to see so many kids these days who are so indoctrinated into the machine at such a young age. Not to mention these kids know absolutely nothing outside of their games, shows or toys. I've taught my kids so many things now that they are actually above their grades academically. When their friends come over its actually frustrating to have to dumb everything down, even common sense stuff that they should know at their age. Perfect for the system though, they need strong backs and weak minds.

I started to notice the strain that mainstream society causes on us years ago. Even when I was on Facebook I was mad at the world all the time and acted like a jerk. Then I realized, holy hell this thing is turning me into a monster. Over cut all ties with social media, save ATS for obvious reasons.

TV is just a brainwashing tool. I remember this lady stopped me one day when I was working and told le she had a problem with her satellite service. She said the programming is screwed up. I said well call the company and they will change it. She says no you don't understand, there is nothing of substance on TV anywhere anymore. All reality TV and stories that are done to death. I explained to her that I quit TV years ago for that reason and then congratulated her for waking up. Lol

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Same here. Outside of the sat link to our computer, if you walked on our farm...you would literally be walking back 50-100 years. ironically, as I am typing this...I plan in a few minutes to go out...bust and stack more wood on the porch, feed the animals...horses, pigs, goats, and chickens...with the 2 acres of turnips i planted at the end of last summer...so i could feed them in winter.

We have no sat/cable TV...listen to the radio... and my wife is making a few more homemade gifts for Xmas...

Gotta go.. the pigs are squeeling even now...LOL.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Agree wholeheartedly: "Emp strike" (I.e. No electricity,no running water) Sounds exactly like the1860's plenty of people lived fruitful lives without electricity or running water. I buy books on every pertinent "old/low technology" skill and craft I can find.
edit on 12-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This idea is called Atavism. Atavism is a recurrence or reversion to a past style, manner, outlook, approach or activity. Terence McKenna calls this idea the "Archaic Revival".

Humans lived peacefully on Earth for 200,000 - 500,000 years before our totalitarian-agriculturalist culture was born in the fertile crescent (only about 10,000 years ago). Interestingly, the time before the agricultural revolution is termed "pre-history". As if there is nothing important to learn about 95% of our species experience on Earth.

History books make it seem like the first intelligent people on Earth started in the fertile crescent (in the city of Sumer, which supposedly was established and populated nearly "overnight"). Academia would have it so that we didn't know squat about what man was doing before this time....the truth is that we were perfectly co-existing with the rest of the Earth, something modern "civilized" man has yet to accomplish.

I think the real cause of our "great forgetting" of our ancient harmoniously-tribalized culture was the act of separating the idea of "God" from ourselves and from the Earth. Somewhere along the line, a group of ancient peoples started placing "God" in the "heavens", in the clouds, on mt. olympus, somewhere other than here. God supposedly left humans to "shephard" the Earth, to "subdue the Earth" and "rule over the land and sea". This immediately portrays the idea that the Earth was made for us, that it is a commodity to be exploited by humans, to manipulate the land and sea however man see's fit. See the work of Daniel Quinn (The Story of B) for further explanation.

Interestingly, the Sumerian culture has a very detailed written record of who their gods were: the alien race called Annunaki from the 10th planet called Nibiru. The records state that these alien gods lived among the human men at Sumer, and then one day they up and left - went back to Nibiru. Could this be where the myth started? Where the gods abandoned the Earth & humans? See the work of Zecharia Sitchin for further Sumerian history.

We need to lift the veil of forgetting and remember that WE are the gods, me you and everyone you know. we are all co-creators of this reality we share today. WE are the gods, THE EARTH IS OUR MOTHER and THE SKY IS OUR FATHER (stars/cosmos).

If you're interested in this concept (it must be the future of our culture. If not, we will definitely collapse), check out this blog called The Atavist. Blog posts include titles like : What comes up must come down: Population Growth, and The Cultural Lens and the Law Breakers.
edit on 12/12/11 by metalshredmetal because: edit

edit on 12/12/11 by metalshredmetal because: sp

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i want to live in a gilligan island type situation.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
damn alreadygone, your living the life i want to live!
but my wife wont let me
she likes the city so in order to keep the peace, i'll stay here for now.

i have my berkey water filter and some food and water stored up but is it ever enough?

i need to learn some more simple living skills.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Nice post Unrealised! Star and flag for you! You have read my mind from afar.. We all may be "forced" to go back to the basic ways of life. As I see it, the strong will survive, and the weak will perish! This is the law of the jungle, and as I stated, we may have no choice in the matter. I am fully confident I could survive off the land, if that land is not biologically tainted. I have stated this in many other threads, but what concerns me the most, are biological weapons. If they are deployed against american citizens, millions will die. The insidious part of this is that you would not know that they had been deployed, until you succumbed to their effects. By then it would be too late. We will see how all this plays out in the future eventually. The question is, when?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Thanks lonewolf10....Trust me, it didn't just happen. It has been a long time coming, but well worth the effort.

Have you ever considered "investing" in a "weekend retreat"...?

As far as she knows, it is a place to go and rest up on a few weekends in season, and maybe a few holidays a year. And with land prices dropping, now is the time to buy...

here along the North Carolina/ Virginia line border counties... you can buy an acre of land for about 6000-8000 dollars. If you can invest 15000 -20000...you can buy 3-5 acres in the wilds and foothills of the mountains along the Roanoke/ Staunton River. For the price of a big 4x4 Ford F-250 pickup, you can buy a small farm with an old but livable farm house... check out United Country Realty.

Of course, after visiting a few times and a few subtle hints, maybe she would warm up to living in the country.... and do your homework, too. Even though we are out in the wilds compared to the city folks... with a one hour drive we can see the Rembrandt Exhibit, a Genghis Kahn Exhibit, see Michael Booble', see a live production of a Christmas Carol, see the NC Symphony, visit 2 different minor league baseball teams, go to countless coffee houses, gourmet restuarants, see live music ranging from jazz to blues to country, numerous art galleries, and a Krisp Kreme Donut shop that has been a fixturen for over 50 years.... plenty of culture there.

On a local level.. we have a local theater company, live music from bluegrass to jazz...boat racing, balloon festival, numerous festivals from herb to hot sauce, book clubs, some really nice bed and breakfasts with gourmet menues, wine tasting and art events,... and so forth.

Seriously, come on down for a visit or find a place closer to home...How can you turn down a farm house and 5 acres for the cost of a pickup truck?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Beyond
Nice post Unrealised! Star and flag for you! You have read my mind from afar.. We all may be "forced" to go back to the basic ways of life. As I see it, the strong will survive, and the weak will perish! This is the law of the jungle, and as I stated, we may have no choice in the matter. I am fully confident I could survive off the land, if that land is not biologically tainted. I have stated this in many other threads, but what concerns me the most, are biological weapons. If they are deployed against american citizens, millions will die. The insidious part of this is that you would not know that they had been deployed, until you succumbed to their effects. By then it would be too late. We will see how all this plays out in the future eventually. The question is, when?

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with this post.

I think the ugly reality will be (should the S ever finally hit the fan) that we won't have a hope in hell of surviving off the land because all flora and fauna will be poisoned in one way shape or form.

Chemical weapons, biological weapons, nuclear weapons... it's not going to be pretty.

If the end is nigh, let's all hope it comes from mother nature (ie: a massive EMP from a coronal mass ejection or something) and NOT a manmade one.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

I think the ugly reality will be (should the S ever finally hit the fan) that we won't have a hope in hell of surviving off the land because all flora and fauna will be poisoned in one way shape or form.

Chemical weapons, biological weapons, nuclear weapons... it's not going to be pretty.

If the end is nigh, let's all hope it comes from mother nature (ie: a massive EMP from a coronal mass ejection or something) and NOT a manmade one.

you speak the truth, Cranial. I do hope its Mother Earth that wreaks havoc on us and not mankind poisoning the Earth. At least we will have a chance.
And Captain Beyond, I'm trying to prepare to go back in time because I really think that is the way it will be.
Some will be prepared and make it, others will not.
Mother Earth will fix herself, one way or another. I just hope I'm ready.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
No just not because I have a conciseness and I could not live in a world where people weren't allowed into buildings or to marry someone they loved because of the color of there skin.
I honestly don't know how anyone who grew up in today's world could simply go back to those times. I mean i'd go back to the nineties in a heart beat but not there is no way I could back to a time in which segregation existed.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

For years, you have been fed a sugar-laden diet of delicious technology and fruitful entertainment. The pantry was always open and seemed so full.

Enough with the fat American jokes!

---------------------------

We will not rise up and overthrow because we are too lazy in my opinion. The other poo kicker is that we are so divided. Two party system has destroyed our ability to be reasonable, to fight for the common good. All liberals are lazy, and conservatives selfish. When these thoughts change, perhaps the right change will occur.

I thought this was going to be about giving up technology and living on a farm. Good thread OP, good thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The return to a simpler life is no longer a choice, it is obvious to those with the eyes to see that it is the only show in town. Our society has reached the point where an exponential economic growth model has intersected with a falling energy supply, & that folks is the end of the story. This is as irrefutable as the laws of mathematics, & we can no longer gauge the future from the pattern set by our recent past. The future will be nothing like our past, & these skills of the past will be of immense value to anyone who chooses to know them while there is still time to learn.
The next oil shock is not far off, & it is only then that the sheeple will begin to understand exactly where we are, the mirage will shatter when the price of oil hits $300 - $500/barrel. If you think this is ridiculous, then think about this. If BP had managed to extract all the oil from its most advanced oil recovery operation called deep horizon that blew up in the Gulf of Mexico, that oil would have run the entire world for 12 - 24hrs. This is where we are at, & that's all you really need to know in order to understand how precarious our situation is.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
No just not because I have a conciseness and I could not live in a world where people weren't allowed into buildings or to marry someone they loved because of the color of there skin.
I honestly don't know how anyone who grew up in today's world could simply go back to those times. I mean i'd go back to the nineties in a heart beat but not there is no way I could back to a time in which segregation existed.

I'm not talking literally here.

You know what I'm talking about.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarpenterMatt
Our society has reached the point where an exponential economic growth model has intersected with a falling energy supply, & that folks is the end of the story. This is as irrefutable as the laws of mathematics, & we can no longer gauge the future from the pattern set by our recent past. The future will be nothing like our past, & these skills of the past will be of immense value to anyone who chooses to know them while there is still time to learn.

Beautifully said.

It is sad, but true.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

You can defend against chemical and nuclear to some extent. Biological is silent and deadly. Ebola is a very nasty virus. You hemmorage in side and bleed out every orifice of your body very slowly. That's why biological concerns me.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Unfortunately the earth cannot support 7 billion humans using primative technology. This is because primative technology is, in comparison to modern technology, much more inefficient. The only reason the earth can support 7 billion is because we rely on advanced technology and fossil fuels to support large-scale systems (everything from the highways that allow sufficient distribution to the systems that allow medical knowledge to be transferred).

So...as the earth retrogresses to an earlier state -- like others in this thread I think its inevitable -- a whole lot of people are going to have to die. Maybe more people than have ever died in any other event, ever.

I think its going to happen one way or another, whether we like it or not.

top topics

join