It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coward kicks woman held on the ground at RNC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ABC has filmed footage of a man kicking a woman who was held on the ground by Secret Service at the RNC Convention.

Video of coward kicking woman on the ground

(EDIT: Open the link in Internet Exporer if it doesnt open in other browsers)

They interview him after the incident where he refuses to acknowledge his actions despite the reporter telling him that they have video tape of him kicking the woman.

I dont' care who you are, what political affiliations you have. You do not kick people, let alone women, being held on the ground.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wow, and the republicans act holier than thou because bush tells them god talks to him. This isn't funny, it is wrong. Didn't see things like this at the DNC. Didn't see thousands protesting, didn't see thousands being arrested due to "no tolerance". The RNC is just, unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Lets just see if this little piece ends up on O'Rielly's "Far and Balanced" news show.

You just know if that was an anti-abortion protester being kicked at the DNC, Fox would be calling for all-out war on Democrats...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
link does not work.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The actions of the republican is totally out of order and he should be charged for this! Without a question.

HOWEVER when we look at the totally uncivil ways the protestors behaved at the RNC its kind of scary that these are Kerry supporters. If there had been rowdy invasive demonstrators at the DNC then there surely would have been arrests also. But its difficult to arrest people for not demonstrating.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Mynaeris, just because they are anti-corruption does not mean they are pro-Kerry. They could be pro-Nader or Pro-Badnarik. And how was it uncivil? Because they didn't go to the "freedom of Speech" zones set up miles away so no one would see them? Because they, I don't know, decided they like to keep using that darn 1st amendment? But good point, hard to arrest people for not demostrating. Now I could see it as being uncivil if say, they were rioting, ie destroying cars, breaking into places, burning things. But it wasn't uncivil, if anything it was the most civil thing in America. They wanted people to know that some people weren't willing to sign a Loyalty/Selling of Soul pact to Bush&Co.

Also, just a little something I've heard, if you wear an anti-Bush shirt at a Bush rally you will be arrested for tresspassing for they only invite Bush supporters.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So you believe disturbing the traffic in New York City with the bicycle protest was civil. Or the weirdos that forced their way into the Republican Youth Congress and started screaming like banshees when the Bush Twins were speaking - is that what you mean by civil? Would this behavior have been considered ok at the DNC?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You're all way out of line here. Way out of line.

If someone kicked a person who was being held on the ground that person was WRONG and deserves to be punished. I fail to see how that represents Republicans as a whole.

A man was arrested at the protests for pulling a cop off a scooter and kicking him in the head until he lost consciousness. Everyone immediately said that most protesters had peaceful intentions and this man's actions didn't reflect the majority of people.

Why can't that be possible here? It's as though it is impossible for some people to admit that one person's moronic actions represent that person being a moron. Throw this guy in jail for assault and punish him for his actions. Stretching this to represent "those republicans" is ignorance. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
If someone kicked a person who was being held on the ground that person was WRONG and deserves to be punished.

Exactly, everyone should be outraged by this, especially Republicans. You need to make an example of this guy, as he is the one on camera doing the act.

Stretching this to represent "those republicans" is ignorance. Nothing more, nothing less.

I agree and people should be careful not to make blanket statements. My thread title just states the facts. There is nothing in my post that says this is representative of all Republicans. The last line in my post reads, "I dont' care who you are, what political affiliations you have. You do not kick people, let alone women, being held on the ground."

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

I dont' care who you are, what political affiliations you have. You do not kick people, let alone women, being held on the ground.

If political affiliations are not a player here, then why do you name the thread, "Republican kicks woman...", instead of, "Man kicks woman..."

You are correct, what he did was wrong, and he should be charged with assault, but it in no way reflects on the party. This could have just as easily happened at the Democratic convention........

But of course, the Democrats kept all protesters locked in double chain link cages with razor wire at the top to keep them away...so much for free speech, eh???

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
You're all way out of line here. Way out of line.

If someone kicked a person who was being held on the ground that person was WRONG and deserves to be punished. I fail to see how that represents Republicans as a whole.

A man was arrested at the protests for pulling a cop off a scooter and kicking him in the head until he lost consciousness. Everyone immediately said that most protesters had peaceful intentions and this man's actions didn't reflect the majority of people.

Why can't that be possible here? It's as though it is impossible for some people to admit that one person's moronic actions represent that person being a moron. Throw this guy in jail for assault and punish him for his actions. Stretching this to represent "those republicans" is ignorance. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bravo!!! I wish I had said it.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction
If political affiliations are not a player here, then why do you name the thread, "Republican kicks woman...", instead of, "Man kicks woman..."

Sure I could change it to that if you wanted. Would that be more politically correct? You open up the video link and it tells you about a young Republican kicking a female protester who is on the ground anyway. Therefore the title reflects the news story.

If it was a Democrat kicking a woman at the DNC, I would title the thread that.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
no no no...

It was W's fault...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
you also fail to point out that a protestor was arrested for felony assault on a republican. did you not get past the point where the guy kicked the girl, or are you just here to mis-lead and try to point out that republicans are mean spirited? bad people on both sides.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
you also fail to point out that a protestor was arrested for felony assault on a republican.

Nope, I saw that bit. Feel free to post a link to any info in this thread. What you have here though is evidence of one of the assaults. Until we see evidence that a republican was assaulted we cant really be sure it happened. but it wouldnt surprise me if it did.

Was this kid who kicked the woman arrested though? We can all see it happened.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Watching the video:

-- While there is no physical response from the protesters, the YR's have encircled them and are ripping the media from the protesters hands. The punk kid did attack the women and it is accurate to single him out as a Republican, as obviously, her fellow protester wouldn't be taking cheap shots.
Has the litte byotch been arrested yet? Or is he a Enron executive's kid?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Violence should not be tolerated and any guilty people should be arrested. However there were many more physical assaults by protesters on delegates and police officers. Of course you have to dig to find those details as the liberal press buries anything that doesn't support their liberal ideology. Then again, as most liberals are facist, it's OK for them to do things that they criticise others for.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Extreme Republicans are Fascists. These days, it's hard to find moderate Republicans; being "pro-Bush" at this stage of the game can't be justified intellectually, so, 'extreme' is the whole categorization of his supporters.
It's odd that you claim a "liberal" press when some 2000 odd protestors were arrested, and nary a total ( or an accurate protester headcount for that matter) is offered anywhere out there in the mainstream!?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
They wouldn't even show it if it happened at the DNC, because most media is extremely liberal. Don't all the sudden start blaming Republicans, because one of them acted out of line, that's like saying all Blacks are thugs, because one happened to rob you.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

Also, just a little something I've heard, if you wear an anti-Bush shirt at a Bush rally you will be arrested for tresspassing for they only invite Bush supporters.

I work in Law Enforcement in NYC and I can tell you thats BS...the NYPD has no political agenda...hell...many are hoping Kerry gets in office...and people did set fires...start fights...BEAT UP COPS...a nice chunk of them were far from "peaceful"...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join