It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook stocks selling 100 BILLION could reveal hidden secrets.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
First and foremost this is in itself not a conspiracy.

I came across a news article about how Facebook is about to release its IPO and subsequently all its employees are about to becomes instant millionaires at least 1000 employees. Thats an insane amount of money.

The most anticipated stock market debut of 2012 is expected to value Facebook at as much as $US100 billion, which would top just about any of Silicon Valley's most celebrated coming-out parties, from Netscape to Google. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Ok thats the facts here is the article link to article

NOW. having read the article a few things occurred to me, the common theme seems to be that all the employees seem to be making a bucket list of sorts, of all the things they are going to do when they get paid. Some to the tune of 50 million.

"There's been discussions of sort of bucket list ideas that people are putting together of things they always wanted to do and now we'll be able to do it," said one former employee who had joined Facebook in 2005, shortly after it was founded. He is looking into booking a trip to space that would cost $US200,000 Read more: www.smh.com.au...

That's chump change when he expects his shares in Facebook to be worth some $US50 million. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

but it was this part of the article that really got me thinking. Where a group of employees have gotten together and discussed amongst themselves about what they loved and how to spend their money.

They were more interested in the mayan ruins

Others are thinking less science fiction and more "Indiana Jones". A group of current and former Facebook workers has begun laying the groundwork for an expedition to Mexico that sounds more suited to characters from the Steven Spielberg film Raiders of the Lost Ark than to the computer geeks famously portrayed in the movie about Facebook, The Social Network. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

so here we have a group of like minded individual who have a burning curiosity for ancient ruins who have suddenly been given the funds in which to pursue their dreams.

Initially, the group wanted to organise its own jungle expedition to excavate a relatively untouched site of Mayan ruins, according to people familiar with the matter who also did not want to court notoriety by being identified in this story. After some debate earlier this year, they are now looking at partnering with an existing archeological program. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

Ok so what do we have here:

We have people working in a company with access to gigabytes of data from around the world.
peoples opinions, thoughts, views, discoveries and on and on. Basically its a sample of what the world is thinking as feeling. Having worked for a web marketing firm i know that facebook has insane amounts of detailed analytics to track and monitor trends of its users. Its all about advertising and they make billions from it.

NOW most IT nerds and even those who are not have a certain psychology of curiosity, it whats drives them to discover things in the first place. Now imagine if all the users on ATS were given 50 million to go and explore the world or used that money to ferret out hidden secrets of the world that have been kept from you because it was on a need to know basis and you couldnt afford to know.

Imagine 1000 people all connected via social media exploring different parts of the planet and even space. Imagine how much lost information they would uncover. Will they keep it for themselves or share it with the world?

even if only half of them share it with the world thats 500 people with potentially 500 new discoveries. That is awesome and i hope we hear about it. It might even be worthwhile to look up some of these employees and see if they want people to help them with their research. I for one would love to work on an ancient excavation dig and find lost secrets of the Mayans. or even go diving looking for lost cities of forgotten civilizations.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ah yes bucket lists. Houses, cars, women, good times. Or you could pool the money together and get some real damn honest to god research on renewable energy and be forever known as the saviors of mankind?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Do I still have time to get hired....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Ah yes bucket lists. Houses, cars, women, good times. Or you could pool the money together and get some real damn honest to god research on renewable energy and be forever known as the saviors of mankind?

well thats my point, 50 million is a lot of money and even if they spend 25 million on women booze and cars thats still a crap load of money. in a fixed term deposit of about 3% 25 million will earn you roughly 3.5 mil a year alone in interest thats based on quarterly terms. That works out to about $60,000 dollars a week you would have to spend every week for a year to spend the money your making on interest WITHOUT making a dent in your original 25 million. I dont know about you but there is no way i could spend 60k a week AFTER having pissed away 25 million from the original 50 million.

Remember once all your material desires are sated whats left is your curiosity. I think 60k a week is enough to fund a CRAP load of expeditions and experiments.

You also need to keep in mind the psychology of these people. They are NOT wall street corporate ego maniacs well not all of them anyway. They are sci fi nerds and dreamers in general. there is nothing more powerful than arming a dreamer with the tools to make his/her dreams come true.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Do I still have time to get hired....

lol i know right?

Like is said maybe all we need to do is put in some initial leg work find the people who are planning the expeditions or even give them the idea that if they advertise via facebook people will sign up as volunteers. I know i would.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I wish they'd pool together their money to buy out the US Govt and put some real people in there.

But I must say I'd go dig in Peru if I had the cash too, I love archeology. Just thought studying to be a film producer would pay off better when I was 20. Jeeze look at me now I'm unemployed and starving, eating poisoned china food because its all I can afford... Man I missed out!

What the!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
nevermind

edit on 11-12-2011 by Lithops because: misread the whole thing

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lithops
nevermind

edit on 11-12-2011 by Lithops because: misread the whole thing

In a world where the value of anything is based on the intangible Facebook is king.

Its all about attention and where people spend it.

I dont want to get metaphysical but where we look we create and make more solid. Thus be it in cyberspace or out of space what we commit most of our time to is what has the most importance to us as a collection conscientiousness. Currently its facebook, that will change but for now thats whats pulling in the crowds and thats where the money is at.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
this is just a case of revisiting the dot com bubble....

all these doofs with money in their pockets are Fantasizing that their FakeBook IPO shares will leave Google choking on their dust.

& Google is generally between $450-$600 per share

whatta bunch of greedy-gus's

hope they all burn their bridges & end up with real Losses that cannot be used as Tax losses

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I think your missing the point. I dont care where they get the money from if its put to good use.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
if i made 60k a week i'd give most of it away to random people.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
if i made 60k a week i'd give most of it away to random people.

admirable a thought as that is all you would be doing is feeding a man for a day or a month. but teach a man to fish and you wont have to feed him ever because he will feed himself.

I would rather teach a man to fish than do the fishing myself and feed him, but thats just me.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What difference is this than any other person that is rich and wants to buy information?

I use Facebook, but I only make money through the free advertising it allows me.

I feel some are saying becoming rich makes you evil. Others are looking to Facebook employees to deliver salvation.

PLEASE!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
What difference is this than any other person that is rich and wants to buy information?

I use Facebook, but I only make money through the free advertising it allows me.

I feel some are saying becoming rich makes you evil. Others are looking to Facebook employees to deliver salvation.

PLEASE!

LMAO facebook employees to deliver salvation hahahahahah

lol dude slow down a bit. all i said was this is a good opportunity for people to explore things they might not be able to do under normal circumstances. Im not suggesting they are all going to release all these findings to world but with more money and interest invested in the sciences and research there is more of a chance of new discoveries being made.

It would be nice if you read what people posted minus your own pre conceived notions of what your want to see.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

second line

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Pity the CIA had to vet you to get an job there :-)

Ah well I suppose the restaurants and real estate and home improvements from the area around Langley will be busy to soon, lots of champers popping!

I bet they are unhappy on having to pay Tax on it, but I suppose there is better margins than Cocaine as there is nothing to produce everyone does it for them, gives them reams of personal information and social acquantences and then Pays them for the honor.

I bet the Operation Paperclip folder is probably now in an gold case, with flashing lights around it, and Goebbels would have been very pleased at how his plan worked out.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Facebook does not produce anything, so unless we value a database of people's favorite movies and what parties they are going to on friday night, this is an exact repeat of the dot com bubble that will soon burst.

new topics

top topics

join