It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Battle Feds Over Child’s Health...Forced to Give Unnecessary Cancer Treatments.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Did a search for the exact title..Nada.
So, on with it then:

I don't remember seeing or hearing of this either on ATS or the MSM. I was just cruising through some back content and came across this article of parents forced to subject their child to chemotherapy and radiation treatments...after he was pronounced healthy!

americanfreepress.net...

Imagine for a moment your nine-year-old son is diagnosed with a rare form of cancer, suffers through nearly three months of chemotherapy, is scanned, and declared cancer free. Then imagine that your state takes you to court to force your cancer-free son to have even more chemotherapy and also radiation treatments, at the behest of your son’s doctor.

A malignant tumor, Ewing sarcoma, was discovered on his spine, and surgery was successful in removing the bulk of it. The small amount left behind was successfully treated with chemotherapy. Although a positron emission tomography (PET) scan showed that all the cancer surgically removed did not grow back, Jacob’s oncologist insisted he go through another six months of chemotherapy and an additional two months of radiation. His diagnosis was based solely on an insurance company-influenced “standard of care” protocol, which costs $60,000 a month.

$60,000 per Month? After ALL the cancer was removed and DID NOT come back.

Who is doing the forcing? The DHS. No, not THAT DHS but I admit I was a little shocked to see those 3 letters in there.

Immediately following Jacob’s treatment, the Stielers were contacted by an investigator from Michigan’s Department of Human Services (DHS), a 10,000-employee state agency with a $4 billion budget that provides public assistance and child and family welfare services. She asked if he was ready for round two.

And here come the scare tactics:

Mrs. Stieler informed her they had decided to decline further treatments, as the PET scans had shown Jacob was cancer free. At that point, the DHS representative said she had no choice but to petition the court and force them to comply with the doctors’ and hospital’s recommendation.

And then:

“Child protective services investigated for about a month and a half, along with the assistant prosecutor, and neither of them followed through with it, because they didn’t find any reason [to believe there was any] medical neglect.”

She added: “They were getting ready to close the case, when they discovered unknown forces had influenced DHS to pursue it, against the recommendations of their own agency investigators and the prosecutor.”

Unknown forces? Politics or Money...it's always one or the other but in this case, what could it be? Why force a child to go through this ordeal if it isn't necessary? Why subject the parents to it?

The hearing was set for Dec. 5th and was postponed. You can view their progress here:
www.hopeforjacob.org...

Let see……..I never got back to you all after the motions hearing on November 30th. I guess I didn’t take the time because there was nothing to report. They were supposed to go over some of the motions that were filed, but the “other side” wasn’t prepared. It ‘s getting quite ridiculous! They’ve been investigating us since July. Filed the petition in September and THEY’RE not ready? Oh, and I forgot to mention that one of the reasons that the trial was asked to be moved to January is because “it’s not fair” that it was 2 against 1. As in Ken and I having 2 lawyers to their one. Pathetic! Oh well! I guess this all just makes them look worse and worse.

How many times do citizens end up on the other side of the table across from multiple lawyers of Govt. and Corporations? Do it back and they get an extension? Pathetic.

They are asking for people to come out and support them on the 15th for a motion of dismissal.

"For those of you that live in or near Marquette County and can be at the courthouse to support us next week – the 15th, we would greatly appreciate it. The judge will be going over the motion to dismiss the case. Hopefully he’ll see all the support we have and realize just how crazy this case is. It will be held at 1:30 in the original courthouse at the top of the marble staircase. "

My own personal message to the family in all this is to stay strong and fight for your rights.

Peace

edit on 11-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

In my mind this just adds to the conspiracy of registering (regis, Latin for "to rule") a child's birth. In effect one appears to give control to the government. It's sick and nasty and anyone that forces another person to undergo compulsory medical treatment is a sick, bigoted a-hat.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by jude11

In my mind this just adds to the conspiracy of registering (regis, Latin for "to rule") a child's birth. In effect one appears to give control to the government. It's sick and nasty and anyone that forces another person to undergo compulsory medical treatment is a sick, bigoted a-hat.

Politically or financially motivated, it's wrong on every count.

Putting a family and child through this for any reason is inexcusable. What the hell goes on in the mind of some people is beyond me.

join