It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Ron Paul as President?.......... Why not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I was going to post this in another thread, but thought it deserved it's own.

I Hear many people saying that Dr. Paul should not be President of the United States and have even heard things like "he is EVIL".

Fare enough, it is a free country and you have a right to your opinion, and I am open minded.

So please explain here why Dr. Ron Paul is not the right person for the job, and who you would recommend instead and why I should vote for them.

I keep hearing people speaking things negative about Dr. Paul, but have yet to tell us who would be better and why.

I shall keep an open mind, as I want to see our country succeed, and only want the best in office. I do not want to make a poor judgement when it's time to vote.

I yield the floor.

edit on 11-12-2011 by tw0330 because: grammar edit

Note:

As an american, I feel everyone has a right to persuade a voter one way or another.

I am currently a Ron Paul Supporter, but believe it is our duty as Americans to remain open until the time of election, so that the system remains a system of "let the best man win" vs. "party lines" or "I'm not even going to listen to you, I already know who I am voting for".

I have not seen a single post supporting another candidate, only ones that say Dr. Paul isn't a good choice.

I want to give them an opportunity to explain why, and who I should vote for then.
edit on 11-12-2011 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
he is an agitator, and he questions things. that is awesome

but not for the potus

the potus needs to be (and is) the face of the country, the leader, someone who inspires confidence. confidence is crucial, especially for a fiat based currency driven economy

crucial

I remember when reagan came on TV, thinking everything was going to be OK

paul would make me throw up in my mouth a little, to be honest

the real power structure would pull him aside on his first day, show him the blackmail stuff they have on him, the intelligence briefings on who wants to kill him, and tell him how he will lead the country into the next war. could you ever have imagined a harvard educated liberal democrat authorizing attacks on a soverign nation without going to congress first ? that's what obama did. cheney must have been proud that day

don't forget, he is republican, not liberatarian or independent, so he will protect the wealthy as well

simply put, he will be neutered and muzzled as potus

he can still question the fed as a senator

let him stay there

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Who would you suggest I vote for and why?

edit on 11-12-2011 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I hope he wins, but its going to take a complete overhaul to change the system. We must get rid of all the corrupt judges, congressmen, mayors, senators, ect. But who would replace them? And how are we to be sure they won't sell u out?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

Agreed. It won't happen overnight, and both congress and the senate are going to do anything and everything to protect their own interests.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Please back your answers up with reasons why I should vote differently.

And shame on you if you don't think I should even vote. Not voting at all won't help get this country going again.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

It's not that he 'shouldn't' become president (because anyone whose against Paul is out of their mind) it's more like: he 'won't' become POTUS because he's not part of the Elite-bloodline who support evil (the degradation of society as a whole) all in the name of control and greed.

I respect, honor and support Paul, as I did in 2008, but it's all in vain.
The PTB will never allow him to be elected because after all, there's no election. Only selection.

This is one time I want and beg to be wrong!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I consider Paul a libertarian over a republican. He has to run republican because it's the only affordable way to get votes. He would have to be a billionaire to run independent. Pretty much have to run on a GOP or Dem ticket.

I also don't think they could force Ron's hand. What are they gonna blackmail him with? The media can't even dig any dirt up on him.

To the creator of this thread. Don't base your vote on anyone here. Research it yourself.
If you insist though I will just say, Paul is your only chance to vote for something new. A vote for anyone else is more of the same.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Representative Paul will simply not be as effective as president as he needs to be to fix the problems. This would be like putting a $10,000 engine with high end computer control into a Ford Pinto with shot brakes and worn out suspension. Total waste of effort and inefficient use of resources.

If anything, I wish Paul would join his son in the US Senate where his voice would have more weight.

As for the fellow who posted "shame for not voting"... until the entire power complex in D.C. is changed, voting is futile. I simply will NOT vote for someone who I know will not do the job correctly. Lesser of two evils is still evil (to abuse an analogy).
edit on 12-11-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I think we are being shielded from how big his support has grown by the media. I'm not saying he will take it or that I expect that, but I won't be surprised if he places second in Iowa and then people start taking notice. Who knows, cross your fingers for the snowball effect. One thing is for sure, he has more support this time than 08. People aren't mesmerized by Obama so #s pretty grim.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I consider Paul a libertarian over a republican. He has to run republican because it's the only affordable way to get votes. He would have to be a billionaire to run independent. Pretty much have to run on a GOP or Dem ticket.

I also don't think they could force Ron's hand. What are they gonna blackmail him with? The media can't even dig any dirt up on him.

To the creator of this thread. Don't base your vote on anyone here. Research it yourself.
If you insist though I will just say, Paul is your only chance to vote for something new. A vote for anyone else is more of the same.

Oh as of now, I am 100% for Ron Paul as President.

We live in a "democracy" and everyone has a right to voice their opinion as to who we should vote for, and as an American I believe I should remain open until it comes time to vote.

I have yet to see anyone tell me why anyone is better than Ron Paul, So I want to give them the opportunity to explain to me why someone else is better. That is what our country is about.

So far though, I have not seen anyone support another candidate, only bash Dr. Paul.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Representative Paul will simply not be as effective as president as he needs to be to fix the problems. This would be like putting a $10,000 engine with high end computer control into a Ford Pinto with shot brakes and worn out suspension. Total waste of effort and inefficient use of resources.

If anything, I wish Paul would join his son in the US Senate where his voice would have more weight.

As for the fellow who posted "shame for not voting"... until the entire power complex in D.C. is changed, voting is futile. I simply will NOT vote for someone who I know will not do the job correctly. Lesser of two evils is still evil (to abuse an analogy).
edit on 12-11-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

First off, presidents don't fix problems. They're supposed to prevent future ones and mitigated current ones from further developing. They're merely figure heads with veto power.

Our system is outdated and broken. It no longer works properly. It's like using a black & white TV with rabbit ears now!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

They can.. they can submit ideas the same as the other branches. They just haven't been worth a damn in so long we forgot.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'll mention something I haven't seen in this thread. He strikes me as strong in many areas, but fatally weak in foreign affairs. It's one thing to say "I want to be less involved than we are at present," but an entirely different thing to say "The rest of the world can go hang, we're taking care of ourselves and don't have the time or money to care what other countries do."

I think this position is dangerous in the Middle East, dangerous in Korea, in Taiwan versus China, facing a possible China - Russia alliance, drugs in Mexico and Central America, the list is nearly endless. In it's most extreme form it could result in the US versus the entire rest of the world. We don't win that one.

Who am I voting for instead? I don't think my support at this stage means much. I don't have the money to throw in and I don't even know who the candidates will be. I'm willing to wait a while longer. But in the end it's simple for me, I'll vote for anyone who has a chance of winning whose name isn't Obama.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
"Dr. Ron Paul as President?.......... Why not?"

It would be rather difficult when the mainstream media more or less ignore that he even exists except when taking a cheap shot at him.

edit on 11-12-2011 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

top topics

join