It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.8 Hits Mexico. (Just In)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

No I think this might have been the main event but I guess time will tell.

ALS

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Revised to 6.5

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hope everyone is OK there. ♥ We had a 5.9? here in DC and even that was scary, we are not used to quakes so that was a little too much. I can not imagine even a 6.5.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

USGS has it as a 6.5 @ a depth of 40.3 miles (64.9 km), decent size, now to watch for aftershocks.

Source

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISis12RA12ELohim
Hope everyone is OK there. ♥ We had a 5.9? here in DC and even that was scary, we are not used to quakes so that was a little too much. I can not imagine even a 6.5.

I was in a 7.3 in Japan when I was a kid, scared the hell out of me, same fault line that caused the one in March this year.

I know that the people down there are plenty scared right now and waiting to see if the ground stays where it is supposed.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
just happened so reports are thin, will keep updating as and when.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

ALS

ETA:

6.8-magnitude earthquake has struck Mexico's Guerrero state, swaying buildings in the capital

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 10-12-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Thats a big (ish) one, hope this isnt the start of trouble again, its been quiet for a while.

No it hasn't, a few weeks ago a quake around 4.8 hit Oklahoma (U.S.), we get smaller ones around 3-3.5 near the new madrid fault in my state of Arkansas nearly every day to where gas and oil drilling has been suspended because of concerns that fracking has made it worse. Were just waiting on the one that destroys Memphis and Little Rock. The new skyscrapers in L.R. are being built with earthquake specifications because of the activity picking up.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well from the patterns in earthquakes we have been seeing lately, it appears as though earthquakes happen with the earths rotation and they start east and head west as the tectonic plates do their little domino dance. Thats my theory from what i've been seeing.

The scary thing is that the caldera' magma chamber in Yellowstone is filling with magma again so there is going to be a super eruption again very soon, probably within the next 10 years. Geologists and vulcanologists are alarmed at the rate the ground is rising.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISis12RA12ELohim

In martins burg WV we felt the effect of the quake that was a 5.9 in Va...Not in DC...it was felt all over the east coast..It broke our water well here

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i dont know if this copied correctly we will see..So far no damage just power outages...www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
i dont know if this copied correctly we will see..So far no damage just power outages...www.youtube.com...

Its just fine..Shows a bit of shaking and has a report on the eq

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Its just fine..Shows a bit of shaking and has a report on the eq

utube video of.....

3 Large quakes in 12 hours--Japan,Mexico,Sandwich Islands(south pole)...www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Looks like three large earthquakes.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Very strong earthquake near Iguala, Mexico – 3 people killed – DF : Saldo Blanco + Video of the shaking
earthquake-report.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Depth
64.9 km (40.3 miles)

Dulce underground base nuked

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

Seemed to be a rolling quake almost typical of most inland quakes. Far better than those sudden jolts.

FnS for your coverage OP.
edit on 11-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hope everyone is ok.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
hey guys
it was a really scary moment, i was at my job (in Mexico DF) in a 13 floor and it was really amazing and scary, i just remember the last big earthquake in 1985, 8,9 richter with 2 minutes and the terrible results, i thought that the story could repeat now, but everything is ok thanks God, 3 victims, some buildings damaged but it looks like everything is ok.
Its a really scary and terrible experience, just to remember the fragile we are and the incredible strenght from our mother Earth.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Prayers go out to Mexico.

Hopefully the big one does not hit in our lifetimes, stay positive right,
kinda hard when they admitted long ago that they have earthquake weapons
or that we are just plain due for them.

ps What program is that shows the seismic activity around the world?

edit on 11-12-2011 by setiorion because: added something

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

Except for the Sinaloa an Zeta gangs, lets hope some good (building falling on the gang members leaders) has come from this horrible event...the Mexican people have been through a lot with the murderous gangs, the corrupt politicians and police and crappy economy...

Sorry I may be way off base with my comments but the first thing that popped in my head were ceilings falling on the head of the gang leaders...

Sniper...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by setiorion

Try this one...

it automatically updates

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join