It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever heard of this guy?Buddy Roemer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I was just reading and watching a few videos with this man..

Buddy Roemer...he is campaigning as a republican for president..

But up until this morning, i had never heard of him..

I like his style and what he stands for...go check it out..

buddyroemer.com...

Give me some feedback ATS....
edit on 10-12-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Buddy Roemer Webpage

So glad to see someone put him out there! He gets it,and he'll get my vote.

Wasn't even sure I would vote this time around until I found out about Roemer and read everything I could.

Faith and hope;Restored!

edit on 10-12-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: to add link

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
as I recall he was a perfectly good guvner in Louisiana but switched from Demo to Repub and got sabotaged by the liberal media when he ran for re-election.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

He's our former govenor of Louisiana.

He's useless. To be honest with you, I'll put it this way...

You ever lived in a state for 8 years and hear absolutly nothing about your govenor and what's being done for your state?

now... Enter Buddy Roemer... Ta Da! He's all talk and no work. He was probably one of the most Bass Achkwards gov's we've had.. oh wait.. we had one worse! Kathrin... Our last former gov. She shoulda got sucked up and out to sea durring katrina... Money hungry, food stealing, lieing, puppeteering, nieve, idot, ignorant hag of a woman who did nothing short to us hurricane victims than what Bill Clinton did to Monica with a Cigar!

The best Govenor we've had here was Edwin Edwards... and he was a crook! lol But he was a caring crook! He actually HELPED Louisianians.

Look, I dont pretend that Louisiana isnt a racist lot when it comes down to it.. racist but not outwardly and not hurtfull, least not in our little part of La. Each side is racist, yet there is an understanding of one another in some part. Sorry folks, I didnt make it that way, it just IS that way...

YET, we got so tired of our govenors, that we actually voted in a guy who looks like he just flew in from India. Go figure... And he's actually doing something for Louisiana! It took all those years, all those govenors to get to one guy who's not even considered "ok" in racial terms... And we vote him over our own "supposed cajun" blooded people for govenor... and we like him!

Just a lil insight to my native state.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

He seems like a slut.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

First time I heard of Roemer was on the Colbert Report. www.colbertnation.com...

He seems like a good guy.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

thank you for your input..

A little more research is needed for sure..

But i still like his style now..

He was Gov. back in the 80's from what i read..

we'll see....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

lol! He's got a great sense of humor,that's for sure!

Yea,he does seem like an alright guy. Of all those in the running,I think I'll take a chance on him. We need someone different,and he is definitely different.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by theRhenn

thank you for your input..

A little more research is needed for sure..

But i still like his style now..

He was Gov. back in the 80's from what i read..

we'll see....

By all means, my friend!

He does speak well. Funny to see him with white hair now though. It used to be really really dark.

He is definatly influentual, but the kinda guy that tells you exactly what you want to hear. As one responder mentioned, he did switch sides as well. I dont really get that. Changing sides when you're in your 20s is normal. When you're way into adulthood and already in politics? Makes me think that anyone who does this doesnt know what they really stand for and sway with the ma$$e$... if you get my meaning.

Either way, good luck on your search for truth. I have serious issues with the things that's taken place in Louisiana over the last 30 years, and for me and many of us here, we feel sold out by this do nothing. He gave our hard working jobs to koreans. Shrimpers lost jobs by the thousands because they then had to compete with a new "enemy". I remember hearing stories of gun fights over Big Lake and the Gulf between shrimpers and korean industry shrimpers. Eventually, our shrimpers went under the waves while foriegn trade and the exploitation of our waters by people who live litteraly half the world away, had enough. We lowered prices, they lowered prices.. We hurt, they didnt. Finaly, we had more stipulations put on US... The natives of Louisiana, while Korea could come over and clean the lakes bare of seafood, leaving us hardly nothing against those many many fleets! The same issue came up again with the free trade BS on Sugar with south america. Once again, louisian industry was killed by our own govenor. At least the sugar they grew was in their own country. Korea shrimped our waters bare and still do today. Native shrimpers barely make enough to keep their boat on the water and many end up eating their own catch because that's all they were able to obtain because of so damned many restrictions put on us.. only us.

When I hear a La govenor speak... all I hear is.. Rape us and Leave us for Dead!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
any more thoughts on this candidate?

surely some of you have heard of this guy....

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

See brother? I know we have folks from Louisiana here. Not many save the older folks, realise he was our govenor. he was too quiet.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
any more thoughts on this candidate?

surely some of you have heard of this guy....

I think he's not well known because he refuses to take big money donations for his campaign..he only allows us little people to donate,and caps all donations at $100.00. So,no big splashy trashy smear ads for Buddy!
That really appeals to me.

In regard to the issue of him "switching" party? As we move thru life our understanding of the way of things,how it works changes,and so do our alignments..or they should if we're worth our salt.Perhaps he feels he'd do more good based on what he's done that didn't work etc,and the party switch follows. If I ever get the chance to ask him,I will,and I'll let you know.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I heard a few Roemers about him but that's about it...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

LoL..

It's seems not many people have heard of him...

Maybe he needs a better campaign...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I've heard of him... probably should add him to the thread on "candidates nobody ever talks about." This guy, however, is at least a lot more organized than many.

top topics

join