It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Braces For Opposition Protests,Montreal gazette Calling it a Slavic Spring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Source MonGazette

Source BBC

Tens of thousands of anti-Kremlin protesters are expected to take to the streets of Moscow on Saturday in the biggest demonstration of its kind since Vladimir Putin came to power more than 10 years ago.

The For Fair Elections protest follows the disputed parliamentary poll last weekend, which was won by the prime minister's United Russia party amid credible claims that it was rigged.

The Media lies on the size of the protests

More than 60,000 people have said they plan to attend the protest, twice the number sanctioned by the authorities, giving them an excuse to make mass arrests By montreal gazette.

The opposition says it is hoping for a turnout of 30,000

Who are the opposition? why they are the Russian Communist party.
Source Nationalpost

Just remember Putin still has a huge support the ant-putin opposition are nothing more then Communists, Drug addicts who dont have a life who were picked by the western NGOs in the hands of John McCain and his anti Russian statement.

So ATS what you think of the opposition are they been paid by western NGOs? or John McCain.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sad that you're just labeling the people standing up for what they want as nothing more than low-lives. Reminds me of all the OWS bashing... Everyone labeled the OWS protesters potheads, hippies, crazy people, etc..

I don't know anything about this subject, but your ignorant judgement just makes me hope they get whatever they're aiming to accomplish accomplished.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Sad that you're just labeling the people standing up for what they want as nothing more than low-lives.

And they arent because? its a fact that Russia has a huge Drug problem unless you want to see a picture of a young lady while been in a trance?

but your ignorant judgement just makes me hope they get whatever they're aiming to accomplish accomplished.

Oh yeah and whats that? by killing putin installing an American puppet maybe your the one whose been ignorant you do know the Russian Opposition parties are nothing more then communists, nazis.

So what kind of accomplish you want them to do? you want Russia to have the fake elections like the one in Georgia? where you elect an Puppet?

but your ignorant judgement just makes me hope they get whatever they're aiming to accomplish accomplished.

John McCain would to love see Putin downfall nothing more then that by supporting the Opposition that means you suppport John McCain agenda on Russia by installing a puppet president.

Here you go i suggest you read it through
US Caught Meddling in Russian Elections!

Check the links in the article to you know its funny that your compering the OWS to the anti-putin protesters in Russia the two arent the same.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I love how the Quebec media reports on things other outlets won't.

Montreal is always good for a scandal

Thanks for posting this OP.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
This picture is from the protests this morning 'estimated at 80k+ by the russian authorities themselves'.

What I see here is a mixed group of people 'both young and old' exercising their right to protest against the group of gansters who have hijacked Russia. Can you please point out all the drug addicts and degenerates in the picture 'i'm having trouble spotting them'

Here is a well balanced report of the situation from al jazeera.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
This picture is from the protests this morning 'estimated at 80k+ by the russian authorities themselves'.

What I see here is a mixed group of people 'both young and old' exercising their right to protest against the group of gansters who have hijacked Russia. Can you please point out all the drug addicts and degenerates in the picture 'i'm having trouble spotting them'

edit on 10-12-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

a well balanced report by al jazeera? they are a mouthpiece for the Qatar king Royal family and of course they are working with the American gov, so al jazeera is nothing more then another CNN.

What I see here is a mixed group of people 'both young and old' exercising their right to protest against the group of gansters who have hijacked Russia.

Ah you mean the groups of the russian nazi party,communist exercising that they want to rule Russia? you really want the communist party to rule?

group of gansters who have hijacked Russia.

What about the group of gansters who hijacked United kingdom? or hijacked Ameirca for that matter?

Can you please point out all the drug addicts and degenerates in the picture 'i'm having trouble spotting them'

I already saw few or maybe more in the photo you post i guess the reason you havent spotted them is that your not aware that russia has a huge substance abuse probelm eh?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Oh and the number you post is missleading the actaully number is 30,000 to 15,000 by the other news networks live blogs that i am following, so nice try with that little spin.

So i guess your one of those people that wants Russia to be just like georgia an American puppet right?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well Fox news have been caught out trying to make the Greek trouble look like it was in Russia so just check all your sources 1st before reporting please.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Slavic Spring. Last time I called a Russian a Slav he had no idea what it meant.. so I explained.. then he tried to hit me.

There is usually a protest after a Russian election. It's made worse this time not because of corruption, corruption is normal there, but because of the hard economy the Russians have had to deal with over the last decade.. If there is a large protest in America do we call it an "American Spring" (even though they can't even get the stupid season right, God I hate journalist) or the riots in Britain, which were among the most devastating protests/riots in the World this year (same with Vancouver BC)

Smells like propaganda.

new topics

top topics

join