It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Millions Of People Thinking About The World Ending In 2012 Cause Something Really Bad To happen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
When i first heard about 2012 and all the talk about the end of the world thats supposedly connected within it,was about 10 years ago and back then i thought,well,even if "something" bad is going to happen then,its still a long tome away and i wont worry about it now...

Then,years later,someone said to me,"we have 5 more years to enjoy life and then it will be 2012 and then something really bads going to happen to us and the earth" and i thought that he might be right,but it was still a comfortable distance away,so it didnt really matter yet...

And thats when i started reading a lot about the mayans and their calendars and their prophecies and i have heard and read about so many different ideas and so many different angles about their predictions,that my head was reeling from all the varying opinions,so who really knows whats going to happen if anything...

But now,so suddenly it seems,the much dreaded and discussed,the most anticipated year ever 2012 is only 3 weeks away and i think that because there are so many millions,perhaps billions of people simutaneously believing that something terrible is going to happen,more than ever before,that all their psychic energy thinking about it,thats being focused by humanity on it,is actually going to cause something really bad to happen,when instead,if everyone tried thinking about nothing bad happening and something really good happening in 2012 instead,then maybe nothing bad would happen after all...

edit on 10-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yeah, I think I know how you feel. I'm looking forward to this New Years Eve about as much as my last dental work. Lets all make this New Years resolution that come the next one, ushering in 2013, we are all still to be found in good health and safe. If we can achieve that, I for one will be quite happy.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's over a year away really, since the end date of the calendar supposedly is December 21st 2012.

It might simply be the end of the calendar the same way every year ends on December 31st.

And after 2012 it will be a new era, a start to a new calendar.

If anything does happen in 2012 I highly doubt it will be end of the world business, I would lean towards interesting changes that will affect our future, like new technology or a new worldwide state of mind.

Also another clue is the Mayans were all about observing the stars and that also may be a clue to what might happen in 2012.

Whatever happens, just sit back relax and enjoy the ride. This site is going to be crazy this time next year haha, there's gonna be lots of mega threads all hyping up december 21st. So see ya here this time next year?

edit on 10-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well the thing is.....all these different entities 'predicting' the end to be in 2012, never actually said '2012'. It's all just conjecture. Even the Mayans exact date is still debated. Way back when, whether you're talking about Nostradamus, or Da Vinci, or the guy that wrote Revelations, it was really easy to say you're a prophet and that you have foreseen the end to humanity.

All you gotta do is speak in riddles and say fire will rain from the sky. Waves the size of mountains will sweep the earth. Plagues, Famine, Rape, Death, Child Molestation, Lady Gaga, etc. People have been talking about the end of times since the beginning of time. It's really a fascinating subject, and really can get a rise out of people. Religion has ingrained it in our heads to fear death, to fear the end of the world. It's not like anyone would ever make an end of the world prediction about how cute little bunny rabbits will rain from the sky.

I have wondered and worried about next year too. But in my travels I have learned a little bit about how our minds work. We thrive on fear. It is an emotion that makes us feel alive. When next year comes and goes, we will pick another date out and say that this will be the end of the world. When I was younger my mom always talked about how we're living in the times of Revelations. Well, that was like 15 years ago and I still haven't seen any seven headed sea creatures come out of the ocean and ask people if they want to get down with the devil.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
are you going to make a new thread next week ?
and the week after
then in the last week.
you could make a new thread every day
!!!!
i think you should

do you think we will still be able to experience sarcasm in 2012?
edit on 10-12-2011 by stopmakingsense because: forgot the punch line

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

2012 is just another year. Work, live, love, have fun, enjoy your life.

If I'm wrong, and the world does explode, then I'll make an apology thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the reminder.

Woop, woop going to bust the new year wide open with good things in my life.

Going to be out with the bad and in with the good.

My kidneys are improving. Gone up from stage 4 to a better stage 3.

Came thru a week in ICU knocking on heavens door.

But I am now alive and breathing and I got my Harley Davidson home this week after being in the shop over a year.

I start rehibilitation of my sick lungs first week of 2012 and hope to be back in the saddle of my bike in a couple of months.

I think it would be a great idea to make my first ride straight to the tatt shop and get a new tat.

Oh yeah come on 2012.
I am ready to live and live good.

Come on life hit me with your best shot.
I'm ready to give it all I have within me and then some.

Peace and love.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to seeing it all unfold the way things are atm I'm past caring...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
what scares me isn't the possibility of "the end", that i would actually welcome but it's all the weak minded people who accept this as fact so now i will have to stock up on ammunition and barricade my family in the house to protect them from all the people letting go of every inhibition. people have been putting a date on the end since recorded history and probably before it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
double post, sorry.
edit on 10-12-2011 by n3mesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
More than 50,000 people die on this planet every day. Add that up. Many won't make it to the end of the end.
And If everyone on the whole planet held hands and prayed as hard as they could that the sun should set and never rise again, guess what... here comes the sun.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I think that thought forms could be a reality,like a tulpa,a psychic thought projection that takes on a life of its own...

There was an author who wrote lots of books in a house about a shadow character,a guy with a cape and hat i think and years after the author died,new owners started seeing a replica of the character the author spent so much time thinking about,haunting the house...it took on a life of its own...

If we create our reality by thinking about it,then if everyone in the whole world held hands and thought about stopping the rising sun,perhaps it would not rise,but i guess we'll never know unless we try it...

Arent some people able to change the shapes of clouds by thinking about it while looking at them? imagine what kind of psychic thought form 1 billion people could focus into reality...

Never before have so many people been simultaneously thinking about something terrible happening at the same time

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
How can OP post a thread detailing the mechanics of disaster/apocalypse...and on another thread, not, maintain the same justification for evil in the world?

I have seen this a few times from various posters and can see the glaring contradiction in opposing stances...a sure sign of conflicted, unclear thought...

When we meet the creators...they will be US...

Make a difference and embrace creativity at its most visceral level, with the understanding that your thoughts do create the 'world'...and if what you see is negative in nature, you are clearly not understanding how this process (which does not distinguish between a positive result and a negative result) works and occurs...

If a critical mass of 'negatives' continue to peruse and swallow a one-sided media (intent on only filling thier own pockets), what you will see, is what you think...(believe - get hypnotised by)...conversely, what you think will be what you see...

Simple psycho-mechanical procedure...observe it in your life...for real...

Akushla

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Are you saying that i should be narrow minded and should only think about one thing? Like start one thread about one thing and then never ever think of another subject to thread and think about..

Scientists and physicists have lots of "different" theories and ideas...so do i...so what...whats it to ya?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by akushla99

Are you saying that i should be narrow minded and should only think about one thing? Like start one thread about one thing and then never ever think of another subject to thread and think about..

Scientists and physicists have lots of "different" theories and ideas...so do i...so what...whats it to ya?

Settle Gretel...

This particular thread of yours details, not a theory...but the mechanical process by which creation works, individually and collectively.
The contradiction I detailed contrasts the subject matter of this thread versus some of your other threads...and I raised the obvious contradictory nature.

Don't get me wrong...I have admiration for those who have the time and ken to mount threads...including your good self...

...but an idea mounted will be challenged.

Akushla

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
No. Everyone thinking of a new beginning instead of the world ending will make something happen. I believe that the end of the world is true in a sense. I say in a sense because they havent exactly being quite clear as usual and leave out the important parts. .
The end of the world.....literally? No
The end of the world....As we know it? Yes

They want us all to believe the end of the world means everyone. The end of the world and also doomsday is the elites destruction. However they want us all to believe that it involves all of us to instill fear. Think of it as a double bluff.
Notice its happening now? They are acting out the scenario shared within religious scriptures.
Another important thing that you all need to see is that the text read and written within all religious scripts etc miss out one important factor....
YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW IT WAS SAID, and you cannot tell how it was meant to be taken.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

One thing is for sure:

ATS will be one busy like crazy forum this time next year...

Blocula,

I think you are right on target with this one. In no other time in our history have so many people thought of the same thing at the same time. "Thoughts become things" isn't just a stupid slogan.

The power of our imagination is still an undiscovered country. I know people that have no faith or beliefs in anything, yet they strongly believe that something disastrous is coming our way in 2012...

Not good...

Much like the power of prayers from a multitude would create miracles - the belief that it would most probably makes it occur but this is debatable - thoughts of this world ending by a multitude cannot produce good results, or so I would think.

Millions or billions of people focusing on fear, destruction and death...that, for me is one serious scary thought !!!

I've had some people compare this to Y2K. I find that totally irrelevant as the numbers are way way bigger this time around.

Maybe I'm wrong. No, let me rephrase this. I pray that I am wrong.

Good topic, Blocula. S&F.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Thanks for the reminder.

Woop, woop going to bust the new year wide open with good things in my life.

Going to be out with the bad and in with the good.

My kidneys are improving. Gone up from stage 4 to a better stage 3.

Came thru a week in ICU knocking on heavens door.

But I am now alive and breathing and I got my Harley Davidson home this week after being in the shop over a year.

I start rehibilitation of my sick lungs first week of 2012 and hope to be back in the saddle of my bike in a couple of months.

I think it would be a great idea to make my first ride straight to the tatt shop and get a new tat.

Oh yeah come on 2012.
I am ready to live and live good.

Come on life hit me with your best shot.
I'm ready to give it all I have within me and then some.

Peace and love.

Good on you dame......ride hard.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

and on the eve of december 21st,2012...december 20th, the whole world will be in a frenzy of bad thoughts and will have reached a fever pitch of focused negative energies directed at the end of the world...

Alien invasion?...Maybe...Lets just hope they are benevolent and not wolves in sheeps clothing...

Pole shift?...Maybe...But what exactly happens and how fast does it occur?

Axis tilt?...Could be...If theres a tilt of the earths axis,the human race is in deep,deep trouble...

Christ returns?...I doubt it,if so i'll try and ask him where he was and what he was doing while auschwitz was being constructed and operating in full swing,i'd just love to hear his reply...

Nothing happens?...I hope so,but somewhere,some idiot or some group of idiots will try and do something really stupid and violent,as usual...

And then december 21st 2012 comes and goes and nothing happens and humanity breathes a sigh of relief and them Bammmm!!! the end of the world happens the next day,on the 22nd,just a little extra slap across the face of humanity,whos in need of a good wake up call anyways,the mayans were off by one day...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by intrptr

There was an author who wrote lots of books in a house about a shadow character,a guy with a cape and hat i think and years after the author died,new owners started seeing a replica of the character the author spent so much time thinking about,haunting the house...it took on a life of its own...

"Took a life of it's own"... how can "nothing" take a life of it's own? If I think a thought and you "see" it that is telekinesis I think. But how that works without seeing it is anybody's guess. I hear you about the cape and hat dude, I saw it too. Maybe that spirit was there before he moved in. Just thought of him because he was being "contacted".

If we create our reality by thinking about it...

We create our reality by first thinking about it, then acting upon it.

Aren't some people able to change the shapes of clouds by thinking about it while looking at them?

Clouds move by themselves anyway. Those same people can't turn one hair white or black. Or make a blade of grass grow quicker. Or reliably guess which card I am holding up.

Never before have so many people been simultaneously thinking about something terrible happening at the same time.

Thats called a premonition, if it's true and not rumors spreading. Look at all the recent stuff on the web about the end of the world. None of it, none of it came true. The planet has been here 4.5 billion years and will take a lot more than puny humans to make it go away. If some number somewhere, some when, all thought at once it already would have happened. What is going to end is the current Paradigm. The current world order History repeats itself. Or rhymes or something like that.

Now, I knew a girl once who swore up and down that sometimes when she went to open a door, it would open on its own. Uh HUH, I said. Then, one day, I saw it with my own two eyes. She walked ahead of us and as she was reaching for the door, it opened... The way I see that is that she has a "guardian spirit" that looks after her and lets her know that. One time I was almost run over by a semi truck and as I stood there watching my death come at me, a voice in my ear said "Run!" Say run out loud and that is how I heard it. Outside my head. Go figure. So, not poo pooing your ideas about positive thinking just placing them in a different light. Its good to think positive or that we have "powers" or we can plan ahead but... (read my signature).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join