It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty of a Woman [WTB]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I don't see Beauty when I look at the "after" pictures. I just see all of the makeup and glamour and what our society tells everyone they "need" to look like.

The woman still looks exactly the same, just hidden behind a mask of paint and false appendages.

I feel bad for the people who actually fall for this.

I used to fall for this when I was younger, thinking, "I have to be skinnier, I have to wear tighter clothes, I have to be like everyone else so everyone else will like me!" All it caused me was low self-esteem and anxiety and trepidation - I was so worried about other people liking me that I forgot all about liking myself.

At the same time, though, I never wore makeup and never wore excessively revealing clothes and never asked for a diamond ring. And you know what? I still don't wear makeup and still don't wear excessively revealing clothes and have never worn or asked for a diamond ring.

Why? Because I accept myself as I am,not how you have judged that I should be.

Perhaps you will now have a better understanding of what my initial post was intended to say.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
No. You are no more perfect than anyone else. You are just another human.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I'm glad it lent an upbeat start to your day! May you remember every morning when you wake up how awesome and beautiful and exceptionally perfect you are.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
No. You are no more perfect than anyone else. You are just another human.

This is true. And, we are all perfect in our own ways. Therefore, I am perfect and You are perfect. We cannot be more or less perfect than anyone else because each person's perfect is unique to who and what we are.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by notmyrealname

Agreed, the world would be a much different place if everyone realized that they, indeed, held the secret to happiness within their own hearts.

Thank you for your compliments and comments.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Those women are not "Beautiful" at all. In fact, I wouldn't give them the honor of calling them Women. They are still little girls, guided by society, and what's expected of them.

To the OP, AMAZING post. I truly wish there were many more women out there that thought like this. My last two relationships had to end, because they kept asking me the same question, "What do you want me to be?" and they couldn't understand the answer, "I want you to be you"

This post is thought provoking and just plain beautiful. Embracing uniqueness, diversity, and the beauty of self-esteem is something that has been lost in modern society. May your courage and wisdom inspire women and men alike everywhere.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Xenrutcon because: spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenrutcon

The point of my post was to show make up does work magic

Beautiful or not is a matter of prespective.

But as you can clearly see make up does make the beast into a little beauty ^^

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Of course you don't see it . Heance why i made the post to show the magic of make up .

Regardless if you don't think its beautiful or not. Thats what suckers us men in the first place. You know when the women is young takes her time with make up hair outfits etc ?

But after a while they feel they don't have to uphold the image they SOLD us with when we FIRST went out with them.

This is unfair . we got ripped off and demand refunds .

I know some fat chicks that think skinny girls are the abnormal ones. and visa versa.

Its all realtive .

You don't have to get ultra skinny to be sexy ?

You know how many fat chicks i've seen that do there hair make up and put on a cute outfit , that when i see them i druel and go omg :p

They take the time to look good , its high maintence , it may not be for the lazy .

If all women just walked around looking like dudes , do you really think womens value would increase? It would decrease and so would respect levels far more then what it is today.

Men love our dolls

We buy fancy cars , fancy homes , fancy dinners , fancy gifts for our fancy women

welcome to the doll house.

If you don't like it i suggest moving to one of those tribes where women walk around butt nekked being all "oh natural"

Remember your the one who put "i am perfect" in the op ?

Your just full of hot air just like the ones you preach against.

Reality check. No such thing as perfect on this earth .
edit on 10-12-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I agree, perspective is everything. Though as far as magic...I know how makeup works, therefore it is not magic to me

I also found it interesting which celebs you chose. Never in a million years would I consider Lady Gaga attractive, physically or otherwise. All it takes to be beautiful is to love yourself

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You're funny, and I'm pretty sure you didn't actually read my post that was directed at you.

Where did I say I walked around "looking like a dude"? Where did I say I need to be "ultra skinny"?

I have never, do not, and will never live in a dollhouse because I do not misrepresent myself.

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the "dolls" you like are unhappy to be seen only as playthings to be discarded as soon as the newest model comes out?

I'm sorry you've been tricked and misled by women in the past, I really am. But, you were not "in love" with the woman herself... you were in love with the idea that the woman was superficially beautiful, no matter who she really was. The only way you could stop loving her just because she isn't tripping around in stiletto hills or wearing a pound of makeup is that you did not love her for herself in the first place.

I thank you for proving the validity and necessity of my post.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

"Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the "dolls" you like are unhappy to be seen only as playthings to be discarded as soon as the newest model comes out?"

yea kinda like we men are just your ATM's

Do you mean to tell me you know the mind of every girl ? and all the dolls out there are really unhappy ? Is that what you wish me to believe?

Because i can point to numerous examples of where that is a blatant lie?

Maybe your not happy with it . Thats cool thats your cup of tea . But not all girls are like you with weak self esteem issues . So please don't put all your eggs in one basket and tell me they are unhappy. You don't know.

If you don't like the make up and doll look thats great . Don't do it . Find your self some friends who don't mind the tom boy no make up look . nd you'll be great !

But the others girls love the attention and how sexy they feel when they get all dolled up . It would be a crime to take that away based of a few feminist runaways who don't get along with the herd. no?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xenrutcon

Thank you for your kind words. I am sorry for your losses, I hope you someday find someone who does not need to ask who to be. I appreciate your candor.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Awesome.
Bump.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Mod note:

There is no need for name calling. Don't go there. OK?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Wow, I'm sad you have such low esteem for all women.

I am sad that there are people who read your posts and agree with them.

This is a sign of the times we live in.

I'm not sure where you are getting that I am a feminist, I guess you're upset that I don't want to be objectified?

Regardless, why are you so upset by what I post? I am in no way disturbing your lifestyle or your house of cards

I will not be brought down by your materialistic attitude. I do not know you, you do not know me.

I spent the first 18 years of my life being used and abused by people like you because I thought "they must be right, they rule the world".

But, you are wrong.

I will not stand for that negativity in this thread. Spew all you want, I will always have a decent and respectful rebuttal.

Take care.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
S & F from me.

It is a big issue...

I see a picture of this one (I found on the net)
sou rce

I think this woman is beautiful. She has character. This is a person I would enjoy having a conversation with.

And yet, famous People (such as Brigid Bardot) Did you see the nasty media publicity about her because she did not do the botox or facelifts? - It was damn insulting... they referred to her as an old hag.

It is really very sad that society is so superficial.

edit on 10/12/2011 by Thurisaz because: sp and add link

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I agree, that woman looks wise and interesting and like she won't take any lip from anyone.

I don't know what to say, other than it has become a negative thing to be old. Ironic, though, since we are constantly trying to find ways to prolong our lives...

The media is awful about superficiality because that is what they get paid to do. Sex sells, and money is king.

But, not for me.

I prefer to see people as they are, and they are beautiful. Always.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

A [hip] bump for the beautiful women of ATS.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What a beautiful story. It is really so beautiful to be natural and it is rare these days.

I do not do things to my hair or like to wear make up either. I was just not interested in those things as a girl. I still am not interested in those things. I think it is quite liberating too!

I really do not understand when a woman says "I need to wear makeup", I do not understand the need.
I went shopping once with a friend and she had picked out around $100 of makeup because she said she 'needed' it. It blew my mind!!! She could never understand why I dont wear makeup and all that stuff either.
I really did not like it when my girl friends would try to get me to wear makeup and all that. I felt like a guinea pig...and then I felt like a clown with that stuff on my face and then immediately wash it off to their disappointment... lol

I had a man shake my hand one day and he pulled back in disgust and said "ew, you have man hands, they are so dry" I said that I worked hard all day as I was looking at my hand trying to figure out what was so disgusting about them. He said basically that his woman would never have hands like that because she doesn't work like a man. Must be nice, I thought. But some of us have to work hard and there is nothing wrong with working hard.

hahaha, people make me laugh.

I really do love your story! It is very uplifting. It is so nice to see this!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueBanshee

Yes, I have also encountered many women who "need" makeup. I find that they are embarrassed when they don't have makeup on because they feel naked. They do not want anyone to see them "naked", and will even refuse to leave the house without at least lipstick on.

It's almost as if they believe their natural face is a hideous monstrosity that can only be presentable when masked.

Thank you for reading and taking the time to post your experiences, I appreciate it!

And, I agree, there is nothing at all wrong with hard work. I definitely would have said the same thing to that man. Some people just don't get it.

edit on 12/12/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join