It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty of a Woman [WTB]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

you should turn these before and after photos into its own thread,its a perfect example of the medias brainwashing the publics perceptions and a perfect example of how women are turned,or turn themselves,into walking talking barbie dolls,for the rich mans money and for the lonely and gullible poor mans money as well...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Beautiful, well written. Star and Flag. May the Goddess bless you always.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Yes, I think that some women feel that the "positive" reinforcement they receive from men makes it all worthwhile. What can I say other than, "to each her own"?

I agree, those images are a perfect example of how "before makeup" the woman is "ugly", but then once all done up is supposedly "pretty", though the woman's face still looks the same.

Thank you for your comment.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Thank you for reading and for the compliments.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You sound like a beautiful woman!

Good thing you didn't say that you had excessive facial, arm, private area body hair. Then in fact, you would be considered more of a man than a woman. But you didnt say that! You are indeed a beutiful woman!
II look forward to future posts from you as you have proven capable of discussion and worthy of response.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
One more thing if I may be so bold...
Woman look much prettier (to both men and people as a whole who appreciate beauty) without makeup!
If you are a person who feels the need to wear make up then please stop! It does NO good and you are beautiful the way you are. Thinking any other way should tell you that you let what others think of you enter your life too much.

Clowns wear makeup to become a fictional person. Why hide your true self? Makeup looks even worse than whatever insignificant "blemish" you are trying to conceal. What, you think you will always be able to cover up that "blemish" in front of the one you are attempting to hide it from? Why try and fool peole?? Be yourselves! SO much prettier in both attitude and appearance!
edit on 12-12-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Haha! I'm not a Sasquatch, give me that at least!

But, then again, that hair was useful at some point way back when. Regardless, I would still say an excessively hirsute woman was beautiful. It's not like she can help her genetics. Case in point: The Wolf People.

Thank you for your posts! It's nice to see that there are people out there who do appreciate natural beauty.

I agree, respectful discussion and debate are rare in these times. You will definitely see more posts from me.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I admire you for your post. I am a woman, but I like wearing makeup. I dye my hair, I paint nails. I exercise and like pretty cloths and jewelry. I am a girly, girl. I have friends that are the same as me and friends that think along the same lines as you. I think each and every one of them are beautiful. After a while when you get to know a person you really do not even see what they look like but rather see them for their personality and if they are a caring and loving individual. That is what is so great about being a woman. We are all different. Just because a woman chooses to wear makeup, etc does not mean they have no self-esteem and does not mean they do not have a brain.
Again, I really enjoyed reading your post and you sound like a beautiful person!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Comeuppance

Oh yes, I definitely agree with you there. It's just a part of most people's routine, and the woman is still who she is: smart, interesting, attentive, etc, regardless of whether or not she's done up. There's nothing wrong with that.

Which is why I took so much issue when one of the previous posters stated that women are "dolls". Seriously? Brainless, molded, pliable playthings that are only useful in the dollhouse?

I just wonder where "girly girl" became the norm and a "strong woman" became a rare thing?

Even then, there's still room for a made up strong woman - we are who we are, whether or not we like plain or fancy accessories.
edit on 12/12/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Good question. Seems like woman are judged for being too pretty, or not pretty enough, too strong minded or not strong enough, too fat, too thin, too shy, too aggressive (then we are called bitc**s), Just by some of these replies, as your example about "dolls" it is all in the opinion of who is judging us. That is why I do what I want and look how I choose and if others don’t like it well then too dang bad.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I love a woman that has more cushion for the pushin, but the skinny ones feel better, live longer and have more self-confidence. I am fat, but I will not try and say it is attractive in an act of denial.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
imo true beauty , invisible to our eyes , lies within , but physical characteristics also play a role when choosing a partner . whether one looks more on the "inside" or looks more on the "outside" to define a person's "beauty" is entirely up to them .

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

So, who said anything about being "fat"?

And, because someone is "fat" they are no longer "as" beautiful?

I strongly disagree.

Where is the line between "skinny" and "fat, anyway? And, who says that skinny women live longer or are healthier?

One can always get rid of fat by a healthy lifestyle, but we can only get rid of an ugly heart by changing our perception of ourselves and those around us.

Your assumption that I must be "fat" is a pretty sad commentary - because it shows that people believe that only a physically "unattractive" person could post something like this.

But, in the end, what difference does it make as long as I like myself?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Well said!
Amen, sister.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Comeuppance

I totally agree, it is all in the eye of the beholder. This is why when we behold ourselves, we need to see what we truly are, not what society tells we are or aren't or should be.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoB420
imo true beauty , invisible to our eyes , lies within , but physical characteristics also play a role when choosing a partner . whether one looks more on the "inside" or looks more on the "outside" to define a person's "beauty" is entirely up to them .

Definitely true, thank you for stating this. It's all visual perspective for physical attraction, but there are some things that just cannot be seen by the eye... they can only be seen by the heart and mind.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Amazingly well written.

It made me think about the way I view myself. Personally, I'm one of those women who wears make-up often, but I'm certainly not a mainstream beauty. I have too many piercings and tattoos to fit in with what society believes is ideal.

And beauty itself is an interesting topic. After all, beauty is relative. What one person considers to be gorgeous, another can consider to be horrifyingly disgusting. And who is to say whose right and whose wrong?

Actual, real beauty, can only be seen in someone after knowing them intimately over a long period of time. The outward beauty that the whole world seems to obsess about is only a means to an end and not an end in itself (of course, the end is to find a significant other and start a family). Once you have a family, you have much much much more important things to do and to think about than what color lipstick you're going to wear that day. Women who stop putting on make up after they've been married a while and after they've had kids don't stop because they've "bagged a man" - but because they have infinitely more important things to care about!

Which is the perfect segway into my comments regarding that guy who says that women purposefully trick men into marrying them by deceptively wearing make up to hide their flaws. That's totally so far off that it blew my mind. What kind of people get married without knowing each other well enough to know what they look like at their worst?
I mean, although I'm a girl who wears make up. My boyfriend has seen me when I'm so sick that I haven't worn make up or even shaved in DAYS, but because he knows me... truly knows me... he still thinks I'm beautiful. And that is a healthy relationship. A man who sees his significant other without make up and then automatically comes to the conclusion that the make up was to trick him, has some serious confidence problems.

Anyways, thank you for your almost poetically inspiring words about real beauty, OP.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

You've made some excellent points!

I agree, healthy relationships take two [spiritually] healthy people to form and succeed.

Thank you for bringing another facet to this thread, I appreciate your compliments and comments.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This was a wonderful piece with a great message. Much of it could be me (except the makeup.. I do wear that).. A bit muscular... maybe a bit too bouncy.. I'll take strong over thin as a rail any day.

To a real woman: Star and flag for you, with blessings to keep rocking to your own tune.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tabularasa

Thank you, and ditto.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join