It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2011 and on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
In 2011 and on nuclear missiles just maybe don't make sense. Maybe if you wouldn't use them it doesn't make sense to have them or to build more of them. So since countries do have them and are building them it only makes sense if they are intending on using them. So my conclusion is that they are going to bring about WW3.

Here is a quick question: How long can a nuclear missile remain un-used without becoming a hazard to where it is stored?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Here is a quick question: How long can a nuclear missile remain un-used without becoming a hazard to where it is stored?

I see what you mean? And they can probably sit a shelf life related to the quality grade of nuclear materials. So better quality material better shelf life less quality may be ticking time bomb after so much time. Good question it would be nice to know the accurate shelf lives of these already existings.. they probably maintenance them to keep equipment and materials upgraded.. I WISH THEY NEVER BUILT THEM I HAD THEM ON MY MINDSINCE SINGLE DIGIT AGES, SMH

edit on 12/9/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Radioactive decay—where the half-life is constant over the whole life of the decay, and is a characteristic unit (a natural unit of scale) for the exponential decay equation. However, a half-life can also be defined for non-exponential decay processes, although in these cases the half-life varies throughout the decay process. For a general introduction and description of exponential decay, see the article exponential decay. For a general introduction and description of non-exponential decay, see the article rate law. Corresponding to sediments in environmental processes, if the half-life is greater than the residence time, then the radioactive nuclide will have enough time to significantly alter the concentration. The converse of half-life is doubling time.

So it depends on the grade of nuclear material and its half-life

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

thanks

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
OK I am in,,,,SURVIVABILITY......this will promote exchange ,,,,the cold war was just that because mutual destruction ...now with underground cities survival is achieved and they even get to pick the gene pool...ha!!! go figure

top topics

join