It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great News ! Food inflation to top at 2% in 2012...WHAT ?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
OK...I don't rant often (this is the first time actually) but I am seriously pissed at that comment I heard on the radio yesterday.

I spent a great deal of time searching online to find a source for this comment but haven't found anything to support it.

In my line of work, I drive on the road a lot and listen to the radio. Music lover but they do give news once in a while. So after vomiting the bad news of the day, this announcer finally shouts HEY ! GREAT NEWS ! FOOD INFLATION TO TOP AT 2% IN 2012 !!!

What a crock of [SNIP] !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even in good times, forget the recession, we never had a 2% ceiling! Where the hell does that number come from??

Where the hell does this jerk buy his groceries???

Unbelievable !!

I would have put this thread in BAN if there was a source and scream my lungs out at PROPAGANDA !!!

Main Stream Media at its best! But what is behind this message for the common listener?

= No need to stock up, prices will only lightly increase.

= You run after specials and coupons? what a waste of time.

= Spend for Xmas...you'll still be able to eat after anyway.

= YOU ARE BEING CARED FOR. WE UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE LESS MONEY. WE ARE HELPING YOU OUT.

Lies, lies, lies and more lies. It makes me sick !!

2%.

Meaning. A loaf of bread that is currently $3.39 will top at $3.46. Milk, a liter will top at $1.89. For every one hundred dollars you spend now, you will be spending $102.00 in 2012. REALLY?????

This is so outrageous...there are no words...

Too bad I can't remember what station I heard this from. I would call in and ask for sources. Dammit.

Anyone else heard this? Opinions?

Am I just over reacting here or am I right to be furious??

Yeah. Great News !!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

i think grocery stores shouldnt be allowed to raise prices until they stop throwing away tons of food every day. They raise prices to make up loss, and if you willingly throw away thousands and hundreds of thousands of food a day, and you already make a healthy profit on regular items, then your loses are your own fault, and to expect the consumer to pick up the tab, well.. Who the ..... Do you think you are? You cant always cut costs by putting it on the consumer.. Especially when evryone puts it on the consumer.. These peoople are sooooo stupid, or very evil. They should announce which they claim to be.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

You are making such a good point Myendica !!

Where I live, there is a community center that collects some of those to be thrown out food and gives them to people in need every two weeks. They've been doing this for the last twenty years.

Well, this week, they announced that they will close the center after Christmas. Local businesses are finding it too much of a hassle. And the meat, fruits and vegetables that were lately "given out" were so borderline that they represented a risk...

Makes you think...

I try to stay positive and optimistic but this world is going nowhere fast. I miss the good ol' days...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
are you sure he did not say inflation to stop at 2%? It sounds like you are overreacting a bit

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Yeah I might be over reacting.

When I heard this, I just switched to another channel. Which I now realize was a stupid move. I should have listened to the whole thing...at least I would know where this stupid idea came from, maybe.

top topics

join