It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Earthquake, altered Earth's gravitational field.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I don't know how this affect us ,but our planet gravitational field it is already affected by solar storms and pole magnetic migration.
If this earthquake alter gravitational field of the planet,what could do the next one of the same size?

TextJapan’s March 11th massive earthquake altered the planet’s gravitational field Posted on December 8, 2011 December 8, 2011 – TOKYO – Last week, we learned that the massive Tohuku earthquake that rocked Japan earlier this year shifted the sea floor of the Pacific Ocean by about 50 meters. Today, New Scientist informs us that the same earthquake was so powerful that it altered the planet’s gravitational field and, in turn, the orbits of satellites circling Earth. The findings were made by two satellites that make up NASA’s Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment, or GRACE, which has the express purpose of monitoring fluctuations in the Earth’s gravitational field, which are caused by adjustments in the planet’s mass, such as those caused by the melting of polar ice caps. How did GRACE come to the conclusion that satellites were knocked slightly off course? The researchers calculated how the relative velocity of the two satellites changed as they passed over the affected region. GRACE records variations in the gravity field due to other processes too, but these background signals change over larger timescales than that of the quake, and so could be identified and subtracted. The leftover signal showed that the rate at which the distance between the two GRACE satellites changed – the so-called range rate – was twice as high in the month after the earthquake as in the month prior to the event.
source(theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

Visit link for full article.

Is this the first sign that, the next powerful earthquake of the same size or bigger, could trigger a Pole Shift?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
A pole shift?

No.

Insane jumping to conclusions?

Yes.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

It's not a conclusion,just a scientific fact, with scientific data,and many hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's only a fact if we can prove it will.

So far, we have no data to prove what would make it shift completely.

When you say 'pole shift', be very careful with the words that you use.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I believe that sarcasm is not the answer.

Can an earthquake cause a pole shift??

Big enough i believe it could.

Jumping to concusions?

No i dont believe so. As stated above...it could happen. Big enough quake could cause anything, just because it hasnt happened, doesnt mean it wont young squire.

BTW, the members who stared this post........ Troll feeders.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

My only question, is if this accelerate the pole shift!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Thank you scubagravy,but this is just a question,I hope to find an answer!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
It's only a fact if we can prove it will.

Did you even read the last line of the OP??

keyword...." IS " .

Who is leaping now ?

You cant blame someone for assuming with your own assumptions lol
edit on 9/12/2011 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/12/2011 by scubagravy because: typo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy

I believe that sarcasm is not the answer.

Can an earthquake cause a pole shift??

Big enough i believe it could.

Jumping to concusions?

No i dont believe so. As stated above...it could happen. Big enough quake could cause anything, just because it hasnt happened, doesnt mean it wont young squire.

BTW, the members who stared this post........ Troll feeders.

Listen, he/she said 'the next powerful earthquake of the same size or bigger, could trigger a Pole Shift?'

Of course a BIGGER earthquake could. You and I both know that. But this earthquake just wasn't anything magical or out of the ordinary.

Earthquakes of this size happen all the time. This one was just messed-up because it happened in the vicinity of a nuclear reactor, and you know it.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

This earthquake was a tragedy in terms of Human loss,and a changing point in Earth's and Humanity History!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Your right, ' this one wasnt' but the OP is talking of next, read your last post again and will see that im agreeing to disagree
. Damn sydney siders... no wonder i moved lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy

Your right, ' this one wasnt' but the OP is talking of next, read your last post again and will see that im agreeing to disagree
. Damn sydney siders... no wonder i moved lol.

Of COURSE the NEXT earthquake could shift the poles.

My next FART could shift the poles.

There is no use in speculating if we simply have nothing to base it on.

Speculation is speculation, even if there are facts. Fact is, in this case, the facts are there, but they are the not the facts needed to prove the outcome being talked about.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Please lets stay on subject ,manners and decorum!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Haha, but your only being asked for your speculation, not your fact. Other than the fact that you seem to be able to speak of facts that are mere speculation, is infact a speculation of your speculative factuating speculations.

I only care that you read the OP correctly, factually.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Is this the first sign that, the next powerful earthquake of the same size or bigger, could trigger a Pole Shift?

No, because they also recorded changes from the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake in 2004 and last year's earthquake in Chile.

Even a large snow fall or flood can change earth's gravitational field.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

No, because they also recorded changes from the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake in 2004 and last year's earthquake in Chile.

Even a large snow fall or flood can change earth's gravitational field.

www.newscientist.com...
Not changes of this type and size.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Then there are all the other large quakes from previous years before the satellites were launched....They too would have changed the gravitational field.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Then there are all the other large quakes from previous years before the satellites were launched....They too would have changed the gravitational field.
We don't know if humanity come to turning point in it's history,did we?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Um?

I don't get what you're saying.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Um?

I don't get what you're saying.

I say that ,in the past decades,we are experiencing things that we didn't have before,and they become more powerful each year.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join