It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food For Thought On The Beginning Of Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A few days ago I started to really ponder everything. I usually ask myself these philosophical questions but I only ever just skim the surface with them. This time, however, I decided to just keep fathoming theories; going further and further into the unknown. Eventually, I got back to the original question of the Big Bang Theory, or the First Creation.

The theory is: people say that the Universe, or God, or an atom, became somewhat self aware or some other quantum explosion happened and thusly, the Universe, or something, was created from nothing. My argument here is not to debate on how something could be created nothing. I realize a different concept.

Could it possible (as if the Universe would limit itself with possibilites, haha) that perhaps there never was a time of nothing? Perhaps, the Universe just always was. There was never a time of going from nothing to something. Many people would say "Well, obviously there had to be nothing at one point or how could it exist? How can something be without being created?" Well, I do not know the answer to that. However, I certainly don't think that the Universe falls to the hindrance of something being impossible.

Through my study of Philosophy and even quantum science, I have come to the realization (a personal one) that time is essentially non-existant and that from "the beginning of the Universe" to the perhaps eventual "closing of the Universe" is really just one moment. There is no past, there is no future, there is merely the moment of now. That being said, for there to be a start of the Universe would imply that there was a timeline that it fell upon.

When I try to think about this it literally makes my brain hurt. As if, my limited mind is not able to truly fathom it. Of course, I am not trying to state this as factual (obviously) so please, if you hold dearly to your concept of Big Bang or God, continue doing so, as this is merely a theory and I do not wish to offend anyone.

So, what do you all think about this theory? Maybe there never had to be a Creation of everything? I mean, we do not know the limits or powers of the Universe, we merely conceptualize things rationally based on our experiences. Not that this really matters much, but I do think it is fun to imagine.

edit on 8-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
*Accidently hit enter, please wait for me to finish typing*

Accidentally hit enter waiting your post... great title by the way

edit on 8-12-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

I think that god has exploded, as the continual expansion of the universe proves. The unity somehow exploded and became fractions of god, therefore separation, and the creation of a new space - time dimension. The more the universe expanded, the more relative separation we found. And time is just a measure to size the space that separate each fraction of the original unity. The more space we perceive, the more time time it gets to catch the next fraction of unity, and in between there is dark matter to fill the continual expansion, therefore its more difficult to perceive the unity. And now we all are trying to collect the pieces of the original body in order to recompose the unity, but perhaps its too late. Who knows. Maybe the damage is done.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
*Accidently hit enter, please wait for me to finish typing*

Accidentally hit enter waiting your post... great title by the way

Hehe, sorry about all that. Sometimes I just can't wait to post

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
How about all of space AND time:

Depth exists because of the kinetics of omniscience employing all of omnipotence so as to TRY to become true to the definition of omnipresent, by "moving" with infinite division/subtraction to be "present" even inside of absolute non-existence. The singularity thus exists as does the dimension of depth.

The FAILURE to reach absolute non-existence was solved by first generating the non-existence. This is accomplished by applying angular kinetics of every possible degree, at infinite rate (speed). Where the singularity IS, as a collective of that "flight path" generates the dimension of height which is the infinite expanse. The same "flight path" also generates the non-existence which is where that singularity IS NOT as a collective. This is the infinite impedance.

So far the spatial dimensions of depth and height have been generated. Re-review above if you missed it.

Half of the spherical evermore that is the infinite expanse (kinetic) curls back inward from everywhere, toward everywhere. This current flow inward is the current of time, an absolute kinetic existence. Out from the infinite expanse, this time current is all the future. It spherically is imploding toward the infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity.

The "problem" is the infinite impedance is in that pathway. When absolute kinetic impacts the infinite null, impedance, this current (time as all the future) is stopped and it explodes into infinite voltage (Ohm's Law on an infinite scale). This is the infinite spatial dimension of width. Since there is no time kinetics because of the "conversion" it exists for an infinitesimal duration. This is the "present". The "present" exists as a Planck rate string of instances.

The implosion of spatial width returning to it's default state of absolute kinetic (time), which is the time current (again) only now this time currrent is all the past. The time current of the past continues to flood spherically down and inward, from everywhere, toward everywhere, where the infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity is. This is the "underworld", all the past that contains all the instances of each "present" they are carried down and inward eternally.

So now not only did I present the 3 dimension of space, but tied in are the three characteristics of time

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
How about all of space AND time:

Depth exists because of the kinetics of omniscience employing all of omnipotence so as to TRY to become true to the definition of omnipresent, by "moving" with infinite division/subtraction to be "present" even inside of absolute non-existence. The singularity thus exists as does the dimension of depth.

The FAILURE to reach absolute non-existence was solved by first generating the non-existence. This is accomplished by applying angular kinetics of every possible degree, at infinite rate (speed). Where the singularity IS, as a collective of that "flight path" generates the dimension of height which is the infinite expanse. The same "flight path" also generates the non-existence which is where that singularity IS NOT as a collective. This is the infinite impedance.

So far the spatial dimensions of depth and height have been generated. Re-review above if you missed it.

Half of the spherical evermore that is the infinite expanse (kinetic) curls back inward from everywhere, toward everywhere. This current flow inward is the current of time, an absolute kinetic existence. Out from the infinite expanse, this time current is all the future. It spherically is imploding toward the infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity.

The "problem" is the infinite impedance is in that pathway. When absolute kinetic impacts the infinite null, impedance, this current (time as all the future) is stopped and it explodes into infinite voltage (Ohm's Law on an infinite scale). This is the infinite spatial dimension of width. Since there is no time kinetics because of the "conversion" it exists for an infinitesimal duration. This is the "present". The "present" exists as a Planck rate string of instances.

The implosion of spatial width returning to it's default state of absolute kinetic (time), which is the time current (again) only now this time currrent is all the past. The time current of the past continues to flood spherically down and inward, from everywhere, toward everywhere, where the infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity is. This is the "underworld", all the past that contains all the instances of each "present" they are carried down and inward eternally.

So now not only did I present the 3 dimension of space, but tied in are the three characteristics of time

Very lengthy and informational post! However, I reiterate... "limited mind"...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Currently, science cannot prove time exists. In fact, science cannot 'prove' to 100% certainty, almost anything, they can only theorize what they believe according to what they know through math, hypothesis and experimentation.

Personally i believe time is a series of nows, much like a video games frames per second. I believe the universe works identically to a video game world. Our universe, and the physical realm we have to come to know is governed by rules, these rules are the mathematical code that describes our physical experience. In a video game, the game world is completely governed by script - essentially the same but on a far smaller scale.

The parallels between both our physical realm and a video game are undeniable. I am not saying we are living in a video game, but the same basis of creation and governing is the same, but on far more inexpressible, infinite scale.

The video game is started by turning on the computer, or console. Our universe was started by the big bang, or a huge expansion from the origin of nothing.

I am of the opinion everything in our physical realm works in cycles.

We can really only hypothesize creation, we cannot know the answer yet, we just know so little about our own earth, reality and ourselves to be able to answer one of the biggest questions in existence.

I don't believe in Earth Gods, but believe there is a higher governing power that has set the boundaries for existence. Anything else is just speculation.

Every human is a god.

Every human is a moderator in the game of life.

The more knowledge humans have, the closer we become to being what the general population refer to as God. God is knowledge, we have the potential to learn, we have the potential to become God.
edit on 8-12-2011 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I believe that omniscience, evermore self-aware, seeked existence inside of absolute non-existence. The non-existence had to be produced as a relative realm since absolute non-existence is self-annihilating the instant any consciousness considers it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's simple really. What you see as the universe is the scale of your perception.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

Dear ErroneousDylan,

I am a Christian; however will start with the science answer. The universe is expanding, science has look at it and found that it is all expanding as if it started from a central point, like the ripple in a lake caused by a pebble. What the evidence suggests very strongly is that everything started from a central point, what they cannot understand is what caused it to be or expand in the first place. I personally have no problem with what science believes regarding this.

The part you mention about God isn't quite correct. Christianity, Judaism and the Muslims would all say that God always was and always will be. Most would say that the bible says that everything in reality began as a thought by God. If you wish to say that God determined to create the universe and did then that would better represent the beginning of it; but, not the beginning of God. By the way not trying to convince you of either assertion, merely responding to your question by attempting to clarify what both science and religion believe about the beginning of the universe. Peace and keep asking the questions of yourself.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I could agree with the idea that there in no real beginning of time. I do think that at some point the universe changed for some reason, and became what humans like to call god. I think this universe / god's awareness opened up into an infinite space. In search for answers about it's existence in infinite space, a system of dualities came to be when this universe / god "turned on the lights" and created what we think of as the light of chaos. The duality of light and dark was created. Upon searching this light, the universe / god basically realized that this system of light/dark was lonely because it was becoming self aware and the duality created made the universe / god realize it was alone. This caused a compression of the light which created the universe as we know it. In compressing the light, life was created. Light is life, life is light. The atoms in our bodies are from that light.

What we see as the universe is god's atempt to gather information so that god can better understand god.
edit on 8-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have felt that linear time is a human concept, and the universe is so much more.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Since we're on the subject of time and beginnings, how should we track "Universal Time?" There have been several systems of time developed in the course of history, but generally we have tracked time with the movement of the sun or moon. What is the most efficient way to state a measure of time as to the specific moment in the universe?
edit on 8-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I am really thankful for all your opinions. They are all quite fascinating. It's nice to be able to take bits and pieces from each one and combine it into something that resonates with me.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow closest I think I have heard yet. Well how about the everything always was and when it became self-concious it caused the creation of the nothing that many (maybe it) is convinced it came from. Nothing didn't exist until everything becoming concious created it. That's why you can't imperically know anything before the bigbang.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Op sounds similar to my ideas. In my creation theory the starting point of creation is 1, not 0. First there's timelessness, where all of time (an infinite amount) is bundled into a single moment, then it splits and we perceive the distinctiveness of the splitting.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that "time does not exist", but I would say that it's the result of our ability to perceive distinctiveness and measurement.

join