It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Clouds - Wondering about origin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I took these pictures on my way home from work a couple days ago. I was just really intrigued by the formation of the clouds and wondered about their origin. I have included the pictures (resized) in this post. I have also included the links to the full size pictures below.

I live approximately 3.5 miles from the Indianapolis International Airport on the West side of Indianapolis. These pictures were taken looking south toward the airport (roughly 3.8 miles away). It was approximately 5:20pm.

I'm not claiming anything nefarious with the clouds, just looking for information. In-fact it could be nothing it all besides some cool looking clouds.

It seemed that they started at the airport and made a type of soundwave looking formation going from West to East. I circled where the airport would be in the first image below.

Is it possible that something or some kind of testing at or near the airport could cause this formation? It seemd to encircle around the outlying areas of the airport.

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

Thanks to anyone that can provide any information...

Even if it's just "ahh - it's a bunch of clouds - nothing to see here"!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Cool pictures. The one with the hole in it looks interesting. I'm sure there's an answer as to their origin, but I dont have it!

They look like someone's blowing concentric cloud rings. Is that a body of water that they seem to eminating from?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Thanks.

There aren't any real bodies of water in there. There are several retention ponds and a small creek in the area, but that's it. Besides that, it's just a bunch of fields between there and the airport with the exception of interstate I-70. It runs parallel with the airport property.

new topics

join