It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of 274 US troops dumped in landfill: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Remains of 274 US troops dumped in landfill: report

ca.news.yahoo.com

The US Air Force dumped the cremated, partial remains of at least 274 troops in a landfill before halting the secretive practice in 2008, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

The procedure was never formally authorized or disclosed to senior Pentagon officials, who conducted a review of the cremation policies of Dover Air Base -- the main point of entry for US war dead -- in 2008, the Post said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is very disheartening news.

I wonder if they will release the names of the soldiers to the families at least. Although, this could open up a can of worms which could have the US Military sued from here to high-water.

An additional group of 1,762 remains -- which could not undergo DNA testing because they were badly damaged or burned -- were also disposed of in this manner, the Post said, citing the Air Force.

I can understand not having a "proper burial" for unidentified remains but to dispose of them in a land-fill.. Almost seems criminal.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

They were probably just 274 dissenters. No big deal...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
WOW, I really hope this isnt true, If true, then our government and military remind me of Nazi Germany in the 30's and 40's, sickening

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
this is gut wrenching....no matter if they where traitors ... there should be a proper burial of some sort
edit on 8-12-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Why isn't the article title "Remains of 2,000 US troops dumped in landfill: report" ?

An additional group of 1,762 remains -- which could not undergo DNA testing because they were badly damaged or burned -- were also disposed of in this manner, the Post said, citing the Air Force.

Our government loves our troops, just like they love you and me!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Almost seems criminal?? Those involved in this atrocity should be hanged by the neck until dead...period!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Woooo-Hooooooo! Y'all got room for some more boys over there now...and we have PLENTY. We'll send y'all some more don't you worry.

Raise Heck Y'all! Woot! Shoot, Shoot, Shoot, Burn, Burn, Burn, kil, kill, kill! Bury the losers and moooove on. If they had been real American heroes, they wouldn't have died!

Remember troops it's all about Freedom. Yeah. Hear it ringing? Can you hear me now? I thought so.

Now: Where in the heck did I place my Nobel Peace Prize?

-------
------

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
L
L
used to be : "join the army, and see the cemetery"

now it's:

"join the air force, and wind up in a dump"

:shk:

edit on 8-12-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why is anybody surprised? Joining the military is a career choice with poor health and safety protection.

It really amazes me when soldiers, their families and ultrapatriots get upset with the shenanigans of command staff and politicians.

Do people actually think that self sacrifice and commitment to one's country is of any value to the psychopaths and interest groups that rule the country?

edit on 8-12-2011 by Helixer because: grammar

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We are, very simply, a broken nation.

We are callous in every regard when it comes to humanity. From birth to childhood to adulthood to death. We seem to care very little for our fellow man unless it's profitable or can be exploited for some kind of other gain..

We will reap what we sow.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Terrible news indeed

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Pardon my rant in your thread but I just can't understand this. We send our brothers and sisters to war to kill our brother and sisters in other nations. We all know why now, we know that our friends and family are put in the line of fire so that the military industrial complex can just get fatter and richer, we know they are sent to clear the path so that McDonalds and Monsanto can poison more people. They die for profit and now we see they are treated in death as they were in life...like dirt, literal dirt. FU whoever ordered this and FU whoever condoned it, you disgust me.You vile corrupted pigs who don't deserve to be called human.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Pardon my rant in your thread but I just can't understand this. We send our brothers and sisters to war to kill our brother and sisters in other nations. We all know why now, we know that our friends and family are put in the line of fire so that the military industrial complex can just get fatter and richer, we know they are sent to clear the path so that McDonalds and Monsanto can poison more people. They die for profit and now we see they are treated in death as they were in life...like dirt, literal dirt. FU whoever ordered this and FU whoever condoned it, you disgust me.You vile corrupted pigs who don't deserve to be called human.

Very well put.

Even if you think these neocon wars are wrong, the desecretion of the bodies of dead soldiers by their own side is beyond reason.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I read in the article that the family gave permission dispose of their bodies but I don't think this is what those family's had in mind. It tears me up to think of soldiers tossing other soldiers remains in a landfill. America has become something dark, disturbing and unrecognizable. These were people who served for everyone in this country and this is there final resting place. I am ashamed America that you will bail out corporations but yet you cut corners like this.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The only thing that surprises me is that it's taken this long for Americans to wake up and see that your soldiers are nothing but pawns for evil and your government doesn't give a damn about you. You're all expendable. What? You actually thought your government cared.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yeah, it sounds like what a mexican drug cartel would do after murdering 100's of people. Who gave them the right to do this anyway?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, we got Barry in office, he's in deep doo doo over Benghazi, seal team 6 breach/ death/ muslim emam praying to allah condemning them to hell, You got atrocious bills and exec orders. You got the IRS losing control, Not to mention the media is starting to fry. Now this, and guess what? Guess who it all points to? Mr fallboy. That is only my opinion of course....coming from a public citizen opinion. He is Commander in chief, is he not?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

Do you realise, that you necro'd a 2 year old thread about a news story that isn't even available for reading anymore?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

How is Obama responsible for a practice that was officially ended in 2008?

I am not American but even I don't see how what you said has any bearing on this!

new topics

top topics

join