It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Ignorance Has No Excuse, Yet You Have So Many! [WTB]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There is a belief that everyone is the same, or should be equal. This I believe is false. This has nothing to do with race, or size, this is about minds, those who use them, and those that dont.

We currently live in a society where everyone has to be nice, and polite, to especially those that need to hear that they are just plain ignorant. Those of us that choose to learn, and research, and see things for what they are are constantly surrounded by ignorant hive minded people.

Those that grew up in the world of "mommy knows your special", and "dont listen to those other people, their just jealous", and the infamous.... "you can be anything you want to be".

These quotes for many have been the icing, on the ignorance cake, that they continually choose to fill their mouths and minds with.

We are NOT like everyone else.... choosing knowledge over group think is a trait that not many people have, and ignoring these facts is what makes our population what it is today.

Its bad enough that we live in a world where Justin Beiber is the top Google pick, when there is about 1000 more things to be concerned with, but we also have those that choose to be ignorant while they search.

The thats not true because the bible says.... or the MSM wouldn't lie.... Obama is the antichrist.... or no the Jews are not taking over, even if they own everything.... mind control did happen, but that was in the 60's.... or I understand what your saying, but your misspelling is giving me a headache, so lets just focus on that.

Take your pick, Im sure there is a bit for everyone here, maybe even including my thread, but I frankly dont care, and I often feel as if I have to belittle myself in order to make the simplest of points, because your parents built you up so much, that now real life is to much to deal with and you need to be coddled.

Life is what you make it, and suck it up, if it doesn't go your way. We are not all alike, I may be smarter then you, and the next person smarter then me, but at least I an except that and not use every excuse I can to try to make myself feel better, I will not use the we are all equal bs, because in fact we are not, we are quite different, and thats what truly makes life what it is.

I refuse to be a drone, and waddle around in a sea of ignorance, so that I can make the next idiot feel better, thats not my job!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
SnF for the entry.

I agree. Not everyone is equal, yet society dictates that we find a MEDIAN by which to process people.

Why can't we just let people's characters speak for themselves? If you act bad, you are bad. If you act good, you are good. Am I missing something here?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Depends on what you mean by equal. Everyone deserves equal rights & the opportunity to pursue happiness. Whether you're a child living in corrupt war-torn Somalia, or an upper-class silver spoon kid from California suburbs. Unfortunately that's not the case and humanity is suffering, courtesy of your local dictators and totalitarian megalomaniacs.

Mentally, clearly not everybody is equal. Personality, intelligence capacity and ambitions are spread across a broad spectrum. Some are artist. Some scientist. Some teachers. Some trash-men. That doesn't mean we're supposed to judge somebody's' character by the career path they choose. IT also doesn't mean everybody "deserves" the same compensation for their services regardless of skill-level & risk.

There must be a balance here. However that balance has been disrupted and replaced with disparity. The wealth-gap is not only massive, but the wealthy class will do ANYTHING to continue widening that gap. Including fraud, [mass] murder, unethical law making, propagating domestic & foreign conflict, debasing currencies, & a range of other atrocities that any free-thinking human would be appalled by.

This form of apathy, psychopathy, & megalomania is a crutch to the human race and leading us down a path of complete destruction. This evil spits in the face of 'equality'.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

weird mixed feelings towards this... agree with a lot but have qualms with 2 things...

firstly 'you can do anything' might not be true but 'you can do virtually anything if you're willing to dedicate the time and energy' is very very true....

and 2ndly you mention the bieber style distractions people opt for over 1000's of more important matters to "be concerned" about.

have you ever tried "being concerned" about even 100 issues at once? you'd die from stress.

point is I think everyone doesn't need to focus on everything bad in order to fix everything that's bad, we just need to each work on issue locally because we're a globally co dependent system...likes cells in the body... each responsible for its own area of the whole body...we just need each cell cluster to do its part...

just my 2 cent & thank you for the interesting read.

Peace,
-TF

new topics

top topics

join