It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We the People, who are meant to rule. - Banks leaked Email!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Los Angeles votes to end corporate personhood

“Move to Amend’s proposed amendment would provide the basis for overturning the recent Supreme Court decision in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission,” stated Mary Beth Fielder, Co-Coordinator of LA Move to Amend. “The Supreme Court has no legitimate right to grant people’s rights to corporations. We must clearly establish that it is we, The People, who are meant to rule.”

City Council President Eric Garcetti sponsored the resolution, according to the Los Angeles Times. He said the largely-symbolic legislation was necessary because “big special interest money” was causing gridlock in Washington.

a few more bricks taken out of the wall of corporate greed and Gov influence.

the occupy movement is showing the power of protest and things are beginning to move on both sides at an alarming rate there are bills being proposed to take our freedoms and give more power to the top tier 1%, as if they don't have enough already.

more and more people are waking up to this fact of big business taking their US made wealth overseas and essentially hoarding it while the 99% of Americans use their blood sweat and time to keep this US machine running.

other states have already passed resolutions with the same wording.

Boulder, Colorado passed by a 3-to-1 margin
Rep. Deutch Introduces OCCUPIED Constitutional Amendment To Ban Corporate Money In Politics

Bank’s leaked email admits ‘Occupy’ movement ‘could impact our industry’

The financial website Zero Hedge has allegedly obtained a memo from Bank of America’s field services operation warning, “We need to make sure we are all prepared.”

Vocal New York organizer Sean Barry told Raw Story Tuesday that an action known as “Occupy Our Homes” would place foreclosed and homeless families in otherwise-vacant homes. That effort began Tuesday with over 40 events in more than 20 cities.

“On Tuesday December 6th there is a potential nationwide protest planned that could impact our industry,” BofA employee Leonard Pavlov reportedly wrote to BAC Field Services.
“We believe the protests will likely take place tomorrow at auction sites, homes that are being foreclosed, homes in the eviction stage and vacant homes.”

OWS is having a strong effect and will not stop!

from bank of america.

“This is standard operating procedure. The safety of our associates and third party contractors is our first priority.

the statement goes on to say theat BofA does everything they can and foreclosure is a last resort but the last 5 years of foreclosure evidence prove otherwise and the people aren't buying their lines anymore the quote above clearly shows who they prioritize and their books show who is profiting the banks failing system of debt is coming down and I am happy to see it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
lololololo - they are scared

i can see light at the end of the tunnel =)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen

Please check your oxygen supply. I suspect you may be hallucinating.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Hessdalen

Please check your oxygen supply. I suspect you may be hallucinating.

why is that? I just posted many links to the contrary.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

ok - i will open a window...
ymmd =)
edit on 7-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Go LA! Today there was plans also to protest outside the Supreme Court in DC against Citizens United.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I cannot say that I disagree with you there W1LL. Big business and the banks have been the ones actually running this country for years. Its about time that these corporations are held accountable for what is happening to this country. Corporate America doesn't care about you, I, or anyone else. All they care about is making money and not giving a damn dime of it back to this country. If we were to have taken all of the corporate profits from the last four years and put it all in a pot. The government could have erased 80 to 90 percent of the deficit that we are in now.

All of this stems from the bank bailouts that Dubya and his cronies handed out to the banks who said that they weren't making a profit. They were making a profit all right. They just weren't making the profit they had forecasted to make. Then they go to Congress whining, crying, and saying, "We are in financial trouble and we need help so can you guys bail us out?" They get the multi-billion dollar bailouts and we are the ones who have to fit the bill. Yet if you or I were to go to the government saying that we need help. It would take months for us to hear back from them if we heard back at all.

new topics

top topics

join