It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you think of other civilized planets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Imagine a less civilized planet than earth with just bugs or far less intelligent beings than humans...

then think how would they see earth???

To them, WE would be the people in UFOS (planes & such) with the technology that WE dream of (internets & whatnot) and WE would be the people with all the super dooper weapons and gunfire. From their point of view of course.

Imagine that next time you're on a plane or in a massive shopping mall.

We speak of glass towers on the moon and such, when it is all around us.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Of course I'm not sayin there aren't more civilized beings than us, but we could look pretty alien-like from some perspectives.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Tis why I love space. The universe is most likely teaming with planets that have life. We live our lives in a very cool place that allows some pretty amazing things. The fact we exists proves that the universe can create life, thus showing the likely hood and probability of other life. We are ET to any other living being on any other planet.

PS. Kepler is finding planets like ours so perhaps even other humanoids could exist on those planets. Intelligent; we can only hope and wish.
edit on 7-12-2011 by AaronWilson because: too short

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

It's a really cool thought
People should remember just how advanced we are at times

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

It makes it even more possible i think to imagine that one day, some how (i dont know how
) that there might be some kind of contact of some kind. There are literally more planets out there than we can perceive.

sorry if thats a bit far out

edit on 7-12-2011 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

No, its true. Planets are being formed as we speak just as stars are being formed. The universe is an ever changing entity, its pretty wacky. I find it neat that we can now detect these planets and know basic information about them from the distance we are viewing them from. Its bizarre how advanced we have gotten in literately 150 years of progress. Imagine what the next 50 years will hold.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What do I think of other civilized planets? I pray they have more civility than we do.

Fantastic weapons of war and far-out gadgets do not a civilization make. What good are inventions of wonder and technological advances when we are still a group of barbaric heathens, stealing, lying and cheating? How civilized is a group when a few are sitting on a pile of riches and resources, while the majority scrounge for basic necessities? How advanced are we when we are stuffing our faces with more food than we need, while we see pictures of skeletal, starving families on television?

Even a colony of ants takes care of their own, while we kill thousands on a daily basis for corporate benefit.

Civilization, like technological advancement, is relative, and in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

This is true and kind of what I was intending, they might envy our intelligence but they might not envy our ways of using it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Lets hope it holds a little more fairness on this already ever changing planet, and who knows what for others

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Thats why i believe we are one of the many species that grow scientificaly and technologicaly but do not grow as a species. We are destined to rot on this rock until we choose to evolve (expand into space). We are the 99% of civilizations that don't leave their origin planet.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Interestingly me and a friend were just speaking about where we would be in the year 3030 (because of an album, long story) and the first thing I immediately said was, "dead, we'll be just like another moon"

new topics

top topics

join