It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008-2010, 30 Big Corporations Spent More Lobbying Washington Than They Paid In Income Tax

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Occupy a history book They have a name for tax deniers, they are eventually called defendants

I have studied history for 35 years. History "books" are written by the victors and by those in power, therefore the history books never mention this part of history. Mine didn't and I went to private school all my life.

But since you seem to have a lot of faith in history books, tell me who Major General Smedley Butler was. No don't look it up on Wiki tell me off the top of your head.

Now, since their cannot be any record of the States not considering this Amendment for ratification, do you have any records saying that the 16th Amendment was indeed ratified?

As for defendandts, Mr. Whitey Harrell was acquitted by a jury of his peers in Illinois in 1997 for refusing to file a Federal Individual Income Tax Return. The jury asked to see the law that Whitey also wished to see. He was not shown, neither was the jury. The jury acquitted. There is no law mandating that we file a return.

Whitey was not prosecuted under the Federal Law, which would be a Felony, instead he was prosecuted for not filing his Illinois return, though he had filed neither. The Illinois State Law in this concern merely says that if you are required to file a Federal return then you must legally file an State return in Illinois. Since no Federal Law could be shown the jury acquitted.

Since then, link below, the Illinois State Government has skirted the double jeopardy element by frosecuting him for those years since he has been acquitted. They have also denied him the right to submit evidence from the trial from which he was acquitted including the perjury of the tax investigators during the first trial.

Whitey has indeed been found guilty, but only of the misdemeanor of not filing his Illinois Tax Return, which again is a misdemeanor. Last I heard Whitey was out on his own recognizance and awaiting sentencing.

Where is the law? And where is the evidence of ratification?

Whitey Harrell case

BTW the We The People folks have offered a reward of either $10,000 or $50,000 (can't remember the exact figure off the top of my head - too full of other history we weren't taught in school) if you can show the law that requires individuals to to file a Federal Income Tax Return. It is still up for collection.

edit on 8-12-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So if a person who works 40 hours or more a week in a "regular Job" ,has worked in that field their whole life ,makes less than 40k a year is not pulling their weight? So cuz they can't make as much money that means they aren't as productive as someone who makes 350k or more a year? So because they make more money they should automatically be given more tax cuts and rebates etc? So basically punish the poor by making the poor pay more in taxes with less refunds and tax cuts.

edit on 12/8/2011 by nikobellic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The majority of these companies not only paid no taxes but got money back from the government. Then spent money on lobbying. It's like the government pays to lobby itself.

If they are getting money back and haven't paid taxes then I guess WE the TAXPAYERS are paying the lobbying!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Whats the OWS saying? "I'll believe that corporations are persons as soon as Texas executes the first one". - OWS annonymous

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I have studied history for 35 years. History "books" are written by the victors and by those in power,

That is simply not so, histroy is constantly being written and re-written by sympathizers. Do school kids read about how we "won" viet nam? Do we read the Vietnamese version of the war? Do people in the UK read the american version of our war for independence? Have you ever heard the roman version of the crucifixion of Christ, the Romans clearly won that one? Do you still celebrate Columbus day?
Whoever said history was written by the "victor" was an idiot who did not live long enough to study history in depth.

Mine didn't and I went to private school all my life.

It shows...

But since you seem to have a lot of faith in history books, tell me who Major General Smedley Butler was. No don't look it up on Wiki tell me off the top of your head.

war is a racket...

Now, since their cannot be any record of the States not considering this Amendment for ratification, do you have any records saying that the 16th Amendment was indeed ratified?

IF the 16th ammendment was ratified or not does not really matter in the issue of tax, you would still have to pay it even if it never was ratified.

As for defendandts, Mr. Whitey Harrell was acquitted by a jury of his peers in Illinois in 1997 for refusing to file a Federal Individual Income Tax Return. The jury asked to see the law that Whitey also wished to see. He was not shown, neither was the jury. The jury acquitted. There is no law mandating that we file a return.

That is just wrong, he was aquitted of not filing Illinois state income tax returns. He lost on the federal case and had to pay fines for his stupid tax arguments
law.onecle.com...

edit on 8-12-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Since taxation is theft, corporations should pay $0 in income tax. But even if taxation was not theft it would be better for the poor to have corporations pay zero in taxes because corporations always pass all of their costs, plus a mark-up, on to consumers. And last time I checked Wal-mart wasn't exempt from taxes which means the poor people who shop there have to pay more for what they buy because of the fact that Wal-Mart does pay income taxes.

Stop wanting to shoot your self in the foot! Corporate taxation is the worst kind of taxes for a poor person in existence today. The only case this isn't true is where there is unequal taxes. If GE gets a negative tax rate while their competition does not, that money is bound to go to their executives and owners as cash in their personal piggy bank.

Elimination of both corporate subsidies and corporate income taxes solves two problems at once. You stop killing poor people by stopping the corporate income tax, then you stop putting extra money in rich people's wallets. You then watch as the income gap between rich and poor returns to what it was before the madness started!
edit on 8-12-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seachange

Do you really want to know why Wal-Mart has such low low low prices? It's not because of their tax-breaks. It's because most of the products they sell are made in China through child and slave labor.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

Do you really want to know why Wal-Mart has such low low low prices? It's not because of their tax-breaks. It's because most of the products they sell are made in China through child and slave labor.

They are huge penny pinchers all the way too the top. AMERICAN MANUFACTURERS sent jobs overseas and buys from them. The computer you are using where was it made? There are numerous reasons why walmart has low prices.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

Originally posted by Kali74

They are huge penny pinchers all the way too the top. AMERICAN MANUFACTURERS sent jobs overseas and buys from them. The computer you are using where was it made? There are numerous reasons why walmart has low prices.

Was my statement incorrect? Does Wal-Mart sell products made in China through child and slave labor?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Every retailer sells items made in china wallmart is not special, child labor should be legal but that is a whole other topic. To say walmart keeps its prices low through child and slave labor is just not true. Why is stuff at best buy so expensive or the apple store?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

By the way , you are the 99%.
The world isn't made of 99% starving african children
Unless you have billions of dollars
You are the 99%
It's not because you don't like what 'hippies' have to say
even if they point out the right statistics
I hope you get the point now

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

By the way , you are the 99%.
The world isn't made of 99% starving african children
Unless you have billions of dollars
You are the 99%
It's not because you don't like what 'hippies' have to say
even if they point out the right statistics
I hope you get the point now

Oh so now you know how much money i make? The "99%" mantra is BS class warfare propaganda that people gobble up.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I just thought a one percenter would spell better, spend less time on ATS , let alone argue with the sheeple
therefore it's fair to guess that you are the 99%
edit on 9-12-2011 by TheOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I am also willing to bet that they spent more in lobbying then what they paid their employees worlwide, as well.

Yep free enterprise is great!!! What we need is less regulation for corporations, (yeah because they don't take advantage enough as it is) hmmm, let's give the corp the ability, since they are a person, to vote or run for office!!! (yes that means the POTUS may Be literally GM, for instance) Then we can cut out the middle man lobbyist!!!
Yep, that and more tax loopholes for them, yep!!! / sarcasm

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

reply to post by SeventhSeal

Define "fair share". Why should society collectively punish those who produce more? To do so is also to reward those who contribute nothing.
How would you feel if you got paid less than the guys who worked less than you, then all the guys who only worked 2 hours a week banded together and told the boss that they demand that you take a pay cut because it is not "fair" that you get paid for working more than them.

You're right. Someone who makes over a million a year should pay the exact same as someone who makes about 15,000 a year.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

reply to post by SeventhSeal

Define "fair share". Why should society collectively punish those who produce more? To do so is also to reward those who contribute nothing.
How would you feel if you got paid less than the guys who worked less than you, then all the guys who only worked 2 hours a week banded together and told the boss that they demand that you take a pay cut because it is not "fair" that you get paid for working more than them.

You're right. Someone who makes over a million a year should pay the exact same as someone who makes about 15,000 a year.

NO NO NO!!! You've got it all wrong, we are lazy hacks we should PAY MORE than someone who makes a million billion trillion because we are worthless serfs.

We've apparently been getting away with paying nothing into the irs for years out of our measly $22,000 annual income.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join