It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee family home burns while firefighters watch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
How much money would you say all your possesions are worth? If you said $75.00 then you must work for the South Fulton Fire Department in Tennessee.

A couple in Tennesse were helpless and forced to watch their home burn to the ground while the fire department stood by and watched it all happen. The couple did not pay a $75 annual fee to the local fire department so they used that as justification to let the house burn to the ground. South Fulton mayor has come forth and taken the side of the Fire Department.

I am a paramedic and I can assure you that we do not get paid for every call we go on. Never once have we ever considered to with hold emergency services if we knew the patient had no insuracne. What this fire department did is absolutely deplorable. How can someone who is trained to save lives and property, like firemen are, stand idly by and do nothing. I just dont get people sometimes.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Sorry, I searched the exact title and nothing came up, I see on the news feed this has already been posted. Mods feel free to shut this thread down.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
this has been posted but it's not a bad thing to. bring it to attention.
its sad that they just sit back and watch. sure $75 bucks is nothing to the normal home income but there really should be a 'moral' law put in place.

or at least a charitable donation people can give to so the fire dept. can act accordingly.
it's really so sad.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

Yeah I saw it right after I posted lol, I am sure a mod will see my second post where I asked them to close this one down.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Heh,this harkens back to the roots of the profession in America....Firemen indeed !
International Association of Fire Fighters president
^ Looks like they made a boo-boo with their prez though.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Please add to existing thread here

new topics

top topics

join