It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ENOUGH telemarketing!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Normally i like to hear their whole pitch and then screw with them.
1. Give them a single digit as your credit card number and insist that it is a real credit card.
2.Ask them if whatever they are selling comes in a spray regardless of what they are selling. "I would love to receive the new york times for a year, but do you guys have it in a spray?"
3. Try to sell them something

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

Preach on brother or sister, you're telling it like it is. Mobile phones are a scourge. We just look like Luddites to the masses for saying so. I get a kick out of people saying they can't live without a mobile phone. I've never owned one. Like you said, it is well-documented and admitted that they are just tracking devices, recordings devices, and even video devices. No warrants required! It's all admitted. Last week we find out that that a huge percentage of all phones have been key-logging every key press and periodically uploading the logs to the company who created the logger. People are fools to to allow that into their life but they will look past that grotesque and diabolical truth. They will erase it from their minds and continue on. Hey, they've got nothing to hide, right? So they think. I think if you're not paranoid then you're not paying attention.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
For those that insist on having a cell phone, here is my suggestion when it comes to telemarketers.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow.
I can relate to that. When I had my phone connected 4 years ago, calls began to pour in like crazy.
I then registered to the "do not call list". It reduced the flow considerably, but here in Canada we have exceptions, If I remember correctly, newspapers(subscriptions), political parties and survey firms are still allowed to call.

But when they do (I have no caller ID), I listen for a certain delay before they start blabbing away. This delay is usually caused by their auto-dialer software or call dispatching machine. That tells me automatically "unsolicited call !!" and I hang up even before they can place a word.

Otherwise I play around with them, while still remaining polite. I worked a loonng time ago in a survey firm. Its a terrible soul-sucking, sanity-destroying, patience-eroding kind of job. I pity them.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Don't we need Stuff? Stuff is what makes the world go 'round. I completely see you're point. Most of the time I don't even give them the chance. I hang up. But sometimes...just sometimes I give the phone over to my kids and let them have fun with the guy. It's hilarious.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join