It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PAYPAL freezes money for poor kids *RELOADED*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
After my thread got deleted because of the petition link, here is a new thread without it. I talked to the mods and Its ok now.

As you know, we have been trying to buy Christmas presents for kids in the Regretsy community. We took many applications, vetted them carefully and set about creating a giant gift exchange program, where you could buy a gift for the over 200 children we’re helping. We raised so much money that we found ourselves in a position of not just being able to send toys, but to send a monetary gift to the families as well. We hoped it might help them make their holiday dinners more special, or maybe pay a pressing bill. PAYPAL SHUT IT DOWN

Here is the full story:
www.regretsy.com......

And there is also a petition running at change.org
just search for paypal and regretsy if you feel like you want to sign
edit on 6-12-2011 by verschickter because: link fix

edit on 6-12-2011 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So paypal decided to freeze is account and play games with him. They got paid four times by now. Read the full story, its ridiculous. Paypal and me never were friends, but the reason was not me

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
After reading the whole story I can only say this is why I used PayPal very briefly when it first started business and have never used it again. I doubt I ever will. They're a bank...No..They're a pay service...No now they're also an enforcement arm...Oh wait but they just use discretion and their style of judgement on many of the cases. Oh brother.

I've gotten the the impression of chaos in their policies over there just a bit more than I feel I could ever trust money with. If my bank started playing detective to poke into what I used my account there for and why, outside of actual criminal activity, I'd close business out with them too. I never understood why PayPal figured that policing everyone was a core part of their business model. A few too many stories like yours, to be sure.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Ive just closed a paypal account!

Sold something on ebay...then i got a message from paypal saying, we are going to steal your money and keep hold of it until the buyer sends you good feedback...yea right, so i send the goods, the buyer decides they dont want to pay so they say its faulty etc, they get to keep my stuff and get their money back...

Paypal are rip off merchants.

They cant think of enough ways to keep hold of your money.

How many millions of people have the same thing?? Paypal must make a fortune in interest on all this money on hold...no wonder they do it!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think the control factor that paypal has comes from the tie with EBAY. If I remember right, paypal belongs to the ebay group.

I think their thoughts on this topic are like that: "Hey, if you have problems with us, just dont use our service. only sad for you that "half the world" uses our service, if you dont, you wont be able to purchase at the store that only supports paypal, really sad for you so what you gonna do? You cant change it"

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Some (5-8) years ago I managed to sell a mobile phone over ebay for my neighbor because he had no experience in it. The mobile got sold for ~120€ and it was an adress in Netherland. The buyer paid via paypal and I got an email from paypal that in order to receive the money, I have to scan the piece of paper that was given to me at the post office for verification that the article is on its way. I did, but the money never arrived/got booked back to the customer, the mobile was delivered for sure. Paypals reaction was "its not our buissnes, just f# off". Sadly my neighbor took his lesson and lost 120€, never used paypal again when he opened his own account on ebay...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Another reason to never use PayPal. How ironic that name is, you eventually Pay for falling under the illusion that they are you're Pal. Also, why don't I ever see them freezing Bill Gates or Donuld Trumps account (If they have accounts). Just one more mercenary company working for the rich.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have a little news (not about the kids but about paypal)
its new to me that you get forced to use paypal if you have less then 50 rating, even if you have 45 and 100% positive. found that out today.

top topics

join